Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a simple Q

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ginger snaps,

to get a green card or citizenship you need to learn how to speak english to take the darn tests.......what the heck went wrong?

When you take the test there are a lot of spanish speaking people to interview and help you especially in Miami. (self experience)

My good friend just became a citizen here from Belarus, and he said that there were spanish people there helping other spanish people take the test and get sworn in. He got so mad, but I don't blame him.... Wher abouts in Florida are you Minnie?
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

I think they are equally offensive.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Swearing doesn't offend me at all. I think people need to loosen up about swearing. I mean, with the exception of a few truly "offensive" words, most swearing is pretty benign and just makes our language a bit more "colorful."

Now, not speaking English in the U.S.? That's irks me to no end.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I think they are equally offensive.
    How is it equally offensive? Maybe all of you guys should start catering to me because I'll start speaking Russain instead of English. I learnt English... Why can't others? Besided there's an off button on the tv like stated earlier.... You have a choice to watch TV, I don't have a choice going up to my guard gate looking to ask a question, and the guard not speak English.... TV Avoidable... People who refuse to speak or learn English NOT!
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

ginger snaps,

I'm right in the middle of the war zone, Miami, Aventura , to be more exact.

How is it equally offensive?
    I cringe when I hear swear words on TV, not because I don't use them myself, but because I do try not to use them in public. TV is a public media, it sends the message that what is said is OK. Adults are not the only people that watch or hear TV.
    Having people rattle off in Spanish all of the time to me is a statement of entitlement - even if they can speak English, many speak spanish as a statement.
    You can usually tell the ones that can't speak English and I view them as illegals, because one of the requirements for citizenship is to speak and be able to understand the English language. So, to me, they give the impression of being illegal.
    What I find offensive is personal. There may be something that you find very offensive that wouldn't bother me at all - we all have our little quirks.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    ginger snaps,

I'm right in the middle of the war zone, Miami, Aventura , to be more exact.
    I'm like 5 minutes west of you. NMB.

So you know what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12