Monday I went for a job paying $9 an hour but located less than 2 miles away (my last job was $13 an hour including bonuses) and Tuesday they called me to tell me I was hired (this being after my being out of work since April of 2010). Yet afterward, the interviewer called to ask if I was bilingual-then sounded audibly disappointed on the phone and said my surname and birthplace made her "sure" I spoke Spanish, but then said it was OK....you know what they say about the word "assume".... Tuesday I went, gave my two forms of ID and went for the drug test, which I always pass-the paperwork said I'd hear back once they obtained the test results. Well, Friday came and it was 4:45 pm, and I hadn't heard back. I called them and left a message, and the lady had always picked up right away before. I didn't get a call back. The weekend came and went, and now it's Monday afternoon at 2:52pm est and I still haven't heard back...I just know it was because of the stupid bilingual thing.....the job ad nor the interview stressed a bilingual requirement. This really ticks me off because I spent my time and gas for a job that isn't going to be mine...not because of true international business, but because of spoiled brats who refuse to assimilate when they come to our country. I will not be satisfied until not only the illegal immigration problem is solved, but everyone here including legal residents assimilate-and if they don't want to do that, let them go back where they came from where they can be amongst their own language and culture as they wish-without wrecking mine!