I hear about this often, and wonder what it actually means to people. I know it was once thought that it was about having the house the car the kids, the vacations, only two out of the four have we achieved in our family (the kids even came before the car, that was our second).

What does it translate to all Americans now? Is it now just about making ends meet? Is it about trying to simply keep the jobs we have?

To me, it is a sad day that we all now are even wondering what it means when we all struggle to simply pay the bills, and hope we have enough to feed ourselves with, all the while, it appears, Americans can no longer share in the "American Dream", while non-Americans are actually attaining it.

I do believe our own fortunes are in our own hands, I do believe the American Dream is not about big government taking our taxes and redistributing it to others, and I believe that being self-sufficient is what most of it all is about.

That to me is getting harder to do, and it seems that so many I talk to say the American Dream is slipping away, and the following generations may have little to no chance for it.

I really think that this dim future is possible if Americans do not wake up and start fighting back against illegal immigration and outsourcing. To me these are the two enemies of the American Dream.

Though I am glad that I can step out into what appears to be a limitless landscape, look into the distance, and wonder how far I can go that day, and what might I be able to see, some countries, this is not possible in. This is just not about seeing our land, but about what limitless possibilities that landscape can provide. Unfortunately, the one thing holding most of us back from that is constant governmental limitations and interference.

I think right now, the American Dream should mean to us, that we have the right, still, to fight for what we want changed. If we do not start fighting for those changes, we will also lose that part of the American Dream, our freedom to speak up and fight for our rights, we could lose those too.