Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Justin Trudeau: Canada Willing to Renegotiate NAFTA with Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Justin Trudeau: Canada Willing to Renegotiate NAFTA with Trump

Justin Trudeau: Canada Willing to Renegotiate NAFTA with Trump

10 Nov 2016

Ottawa (AFP) – Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday he is willing to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which US President-elect Donald Trump has said he wants to change or scrap.

During the campaign, Trump called NAFTA the worst trade deal the United States has ever signed, while proposing protectionist measures to repatriate American jobs lost to free trade.

“I think it’s important that we be open to talking about trade deals,” Trudeau — a fierce defender of free trade, which helps bolster the Canadian economy — told reporters.

“If the Americans want to talk about NAFTA, I’m more than happy to talk about it,” he said, adding that it was important to periodically reassess trade deals to ensure that they continue to be of benefit to Canadians.

Trudeau called the president-elect on Wednesday to congratulate him on his election victory.

The 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) binds 530 million consumers in Canada, the United States and Mexico.

Bilateral trade crossing the US-Canadian border amounts to US$1.8 billion daily.

Thirty-four US states rely on trade with Canada, which supports nine million American jobs, while exports to the United States represents 20 percent of Canada’s GDP.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-nafta-trump/

Trump is the Master Player.

Mexico is willing to renegotiate.

Canada is willing to renegotiate.

WOW!!!! It just took a President with enough balls to tell them like it is.

Trump is a genius with courage. He'll be the greatest President in the history of the United States.

Like he said "just watch what happens".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump already has South Korea, Russia and Assad calling him. The World is watching, no respect for Obama.

I wonder how he is going to get all of this done?
    So by 2020 I will have pay $300 night for a hotel room in Cleveland?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe so!! But to steal another quote from Robert Duvall in Open Range it will be "worth every penny"!!

As you can see, I love that movie. The messages are so perfect for our times.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK, Here's a big Question. Saw the video on here about people in the street in Russia being favorable to Trump. Russian leadership seems to be favorable also.

Can this be parlayed into an era of relative global peace? What about all of the intricacies of Russian strategy with Iran, China, Egypt etc. being a huge stumbling block to this? Reagan had a very cooperative counterpart with Gorbachev, who was an agricultural professor beforehand and not much of a militarist. Putin is much crazier, IMO. Russian people were p---d at Gorbachev for dissolution of Soviet empire, and we exploited that and probably made it worse. Yet, now, Russia with Putin REALLY wants to be a world power broker. Even though they pose as favorable to the US, they make backroom deals with China, Iran, Syria, and who knows who. I also read that with their small weapons development, they are going to supersede the AK-47's, and the obsolete versions will end up on the black market and thus into terrorist and militia hands.

It's like a loose cannon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captainron, the Russians want peace. The Russians do not want conflict and war. The Russians lost 20 million people in WWII, the highest casualty of military and civilian casualties per capita of any country involved in WWII. The Russians are great people, a marvelous people, there is much to learn from them for US. We do not learn from many countries we're involved with, we need to be involved with countries that can learn from US, yes, but from whom we can also learn. There is much to learn from the Russians. They are a very smart people, we need them as our Friend, not our Foe.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Captainron, the Russians want peace. The Russians do not want conflict and war. The Russians lost 20 million people in WWII, the highest casualty of military and civilian casualties per capita of any country involved in WWII. The Russians are great people, a marvelous people, there is much to learn from them for US. We do not learn from many countries we're involved with, we need to be involved with countries that can learn from US, yes, but from whom we can also learn. There is much to learn from the Russians. They are a very smart people, we need them as our Friend, not our Foe.
    Putin is a bully that can't be trusted. In a nutshell, he's an evil man.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the truth is somewhere in between. I am hoping for the best; I just know from what I have read from reliable sources that Russia interacts with the big powers on the other side of the globe from the way in which THEY perceive the world.

I just read that exports from Mexico have gone up 600 percent since NAFTA started in 1993. Yet the US has been consistently blamed from leftwing sources of disrupting the Mexican economy through NAFTA policies! Just shows how ridiculous these viewpoints are. I've also read that Mexico found free trade agreements so advantageous that they entered into ten others. Much of their economic intent was to broker trade between Latin America and the US.