Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Is Karl Rove right?

Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    I just got some time over the holidays to read Pat Buchanan's
    book "State Of Emergency". One quote really jumped out at me:

"From 2000 to 2005, 7.9 million immigrants arrived, legal & illegal,
    with Mexicans forming the largest contingent. This set an all-time
    record. If Republicans believe these millions of largely uneducated,
    unskilled, and poor people are going to rally to a party that advocates
    slashing the size of the government, the party is in need of a brain
    transplant."

If your allegiance is to the GOP, you would agree with all the
    decisions our president & GOP leadership has made. As a former
    'birth-to-cradle' dem, I'm sad there is no real alternative for me
    now. I apologize to all the people who made me try & see the
    error of my ways 20 years ago. Too bad when I woke up, GWB
    was in the WH. However, I will vote repub until there is an
    alternative.

Hey Dem I am just as disillusioned as you are. I truly feel that for the first time since I can remember I do not have a government that represents me. I am a white 37-year-old middle class guy, and the country my forefathers helped create no longer speaks for me or is looking out for my well being. I really feel I have no where to turn. Suddenly I am an enemy in my own country. How the hell did this happen, and why the **** did my parents generation let this happen?
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

dem4labor,I too was a Democrat for 2 years, (age 18 & 19),then a friend suggested that I should study each party's platform stand.When I did I changed to Republican for the next 40 years.Now I am considering going Independent ,depending on whether or not Tancredo or another anti-illegal immigrant candidate decides to run in the Republican primary.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    As soon as the hollidays are over, I am going to take myself down to the courthouse and change my voter registration to Independent!
    DON'T DO THAT!

If you do, you will have no say in either major party's primaries.
    You are right, my frustration is mounting, I guess there is no use to cut my nose off to spite my face though, if I do go Independent it will bar me from voting in local elections unless and independent is running, I will wait.
    MW, I have been watching Duncan Hunter myself, so far I like what I see.I am afriad though we will be stuck with either Guillani or McCain, don't think I could bring myself to vote for either of those, I have admiration for Guillani's leadership during the 911 crisis, he is pro- choice and pro- gun control, neither of which I can abide. I cannot abide how they brutally kill these innocent victims makes me sick that we call ourselves an enlightened society then allow something as barbaric as Partial Birth abortions!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Hey Crocket and all, in NC at least, you can vote in the primaries if you are registered as "unaffiliated" (the equivalent of Independent). The major parties do allow unaffiliated voters to vote in their primaries - but you can vote in only 1 party's primary, and not in both. I don't know if other states allow this, so you should check in your state before you switch.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    As soon as the hollidays are over, I am going to take myself down to the courthouse and change my voter registration to Independent!
    I did that two years ago, after being a registered Republican since I was 18
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Banned
    Depends whether your state has an open or closed primary. I think that 27 states have closed primaries. Oklahoma, which I believe is where nittygritty is from, has a closed primary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12