Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

KIDS MIGHT HAVE PART OF THE ANSWER TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

I went to the public library this lovely Saturday afternoon in Southern California, and as I walked past two rows of computers (about 10 per row), all I saw were young children and teenagers sitting in front of the screens....looking hypnotic and zoned out.

When I gazed at their computer screens as I passed, the teenagers seemed to all be on MySpace, and the children were playing computer games (which all looked, from a glance, rather violent).

Instead of being on the computer, doing absolutely nothing of any value, these kids should be mowing their parents' lawns, washing their parents' cars, cleaning their parents' houses, and working at the local McDonalds and Dairy Queen.

When I was a child, I had chores....chores that many of today's middle- and upper-middle class parents pay illegals to do. I also worked at Pizza Hut as a busperson....something that restaurants now hire illegals to do.

Many many of today's kids waste their time zoned out on the computer or in front of the TV. A huge labor force of yesteryear (teenagers) has all but disappeared. Now we have to rely on peasant Mexicans to do the work that American teenagers use to do.

I say to all parents out there....if you have children above the age of 10, FIRE your Mexican gardner, housekeeper and car washer. Pay your kids to do this work instead. Don't hand everything to your children on a silver platter without making them work for it.

If your child is over 16, get him or her to apply for a job at the local fast food place. It's time BETTER SPENT than being a zombie on the computer or in front of the TV.

Just my two cents.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Not to mention the fact that most of them are fat. Get their chubby butts working.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

AmericanGirl - That is an excellent point. I started working Saturday's at a drug store as soon as I turned 14. The boys in my town worked summers hauling hay for a nickel a bale when they were around 13 or 14. We liked the activity, the responsibility and having our own money. I saved mine for college and the boys who made alot more money at their jobs than I or the other girls could earn at ours had enough of their own money to buy brand new hot cars by the time they were 16 and enough for college if they wanted to go to college by the time they graduated. College was more affordable then and although our work money didn't pay for everything, it was often the difference between whether or not you could attend.

Get to work KIDS, there's fruit to pick and a nation to save!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree 100%. The problem here is instant gratification. Mainly in the form of extending credit. Once trapped in the CREDIT trap.
    People work to pay bills. People used to work to better themselves and thier family. Staying out of bankruptcy and collections is the main focus.
    Instead of guiding and teaching our children. Our children are left to strangers in public schools to teach them not only math but morals and work ethic.

I worked when I was a teenager. I hated it then. I wanted to go out and play with the rest of my friends. However on the weekends hanging with those friends I noticed that I was the only one with MONEY in my pockets.

I worked for a shrewd and very successful man who taught me about doing business. As I said. Back then. I hated it. Now I give thanks. Got Children? Get them to do what will make them successful in the future. Put them to work. Teach them to achieve. Monitor what they do. After all...You are the adult. Right?

Great advice posta!!

I loved your comment, "I was the only one with MONEY in my pocket".

I was the only girl (jobs for girls were very hard to find even in those days) with money to buy gas for the car so guess what? Yep...I drove everyone around on Friday and Saturday nights. the upside? We went where I wanted to go.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I made 5/hr cleaning corrals when I was a teenager living in the SF Valley. Kept me in money while I did it, then left it when I got into football and computers.

You all are right !!!! Our youth NEED to do those jobs now !!
    Arizona Patriot Webmaster: Mothers Against Illegal Aliens Activist: Save Our State

Righto!!

KIDS GET TO WORK!!

1. Get good exercise

2. Earn money

3. End bordom

4. Learn new things

5. Get thin

6. Please your parents

7. Help save your nation

8. See new places

9. Make new friends

10. BE A WINNER

I agree with everybody here. I was shoveling snow, cutting lawns or delivering newspapers when I was 12. Have worked steadily since I was 14 when I went to work for McDonald's and then at 16 for Texaco.

We have by and large as a society gotten away from this and I don't believe it is a good thing. Jobs for teens can help instill responsibility, build character and yes earn money. Earned being the key word.

I'm all for it!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I am sure it would also help if parents actually gave two cents worth of interest in their kids lives. It pisses me off to see parents dropping their kids off at the nearest mall, bowling alley, or Six Flags as a babysitter instead of driving them around every business within walking distance to fill out applications or signing them up for out of school programs. Just my two cents.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My 13 year old son will do about any job for a few bucks, but we are nearby to make sure he does the job right and does not leave a mess. As well, it is hard for him to find jobs as many people seem reluctant to have a kid do work for them anymore, but somehow he finds jobs.

He usually has an average of about $80.00 in his pocket at all times. He spends it sometimes on his coin collection, but usually saves it.

Too many of his friends and cousins do nothing and get the things they desire anyways, he commented on this, and said how snotty some kids are about what they have.

I suppose to some degree we are fortunate not to have a lot of money, so if our kids really want something they have to work for it.

I once saw a girl about 14 in a department store and she had her own credit card. I found out that apparently the parents set a limit with the company and then after their little diva's use it up, they pay it off!!UNBELIEVABLE!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast