Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Once_A_Democrat and BearFlagRepublic are right, it's the jobs that initially bring and keep them here. I believe social programs are just side benefits that make their life easier. Taking away the free medical care, K-12 education, and other social programs may stop a some illegals from bringing their families but it won't stop the men who come looking for employment, which is what a majority of the illegals are.
    Okay, so Ron Paul wants to seal our border, stop birthright citizenship, stop all social services and no school but just because he doesn't support SAVE Act, he's out. I honestly don't know exactly why he doesn't support it but I trust him.
    Hiring of illegals is a major problem, yes but if our government enforced our immigration laws, built the fences and put more resources on securing the border for real we wouldn't be in this situation. When our president is an amnesty supporter , that sends a message. Employers know the government looks the other way for hiring them and they get away with hiring cheap labor with no benefits.

I just think Ron Paul was our best chance to end illegal immigration. He also wants to do a lot of other good things for this country but I won't get into that here.

MW
    Lynne wrote:

Okay, so Ron Paul wants to seal our border
    How do you know this, is it simply because he says so? He thinks border fencing is offensive (his words) and has voted against it in the past. Additionally, he has voted numerous times against sending our active duty military to the border. Actually, to my knowledge, even though he has had plenty of opportunity, Paul has never voted to send military troops to the border. If you don't mind me asking, exactly what are Paul's proposals to secure the border?

Paul's past voting record identifies him as weak on border security and serious employer sanctions.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW - He signed the Numbers USA Pledge, remember? This is his plan and I believe it. You're looking at long ago past voting records when things were different in this country. It doesn't matter really, because he clearly has no chance to be our President, sadly. But he is an honest man and I 100% trust that he would live by his pledge.

From his website:
    The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/borde ... on-reform/

Name another candidate with a better plan than this and I'll support them.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Lynne wrote:

Okay, so Ron Paul wants to seal our border
    How do you know this, is it simply because he says so? He thinks border fencing is offensive (his words) and has voted against it in the past. Additionally, he has voted numerous times against sending our active duty military to the border. Actually, to my knowledge, even though he has had plenty of opportunity, Paul has never voted to send military troops to the border. If you don't mind me asking, exactly what are Paul's proposals to secure the border?

Paul's past voting record identifies him as weak on border security and serious employer sanctions.

Plus he is constittional enough so that if that the people don't want illegals he will work to get rid of them and he is constitionalist enough to uphold the laws of this great nation. He knows and feels that he works for us and not the lobbyists and big business. The lobbyists don't even go to his offices.

And he wants to bring our troops home and put them on the border.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    And he wants to bring our troops home and put them on the border.
    He said no on puting troops on the border and has always voted NO for putting troops on the border. You must not have been following, listening, or done much research on just where RP stands.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123