Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Kushner, Cohn influencing Trump on immigration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I call it DACA 2012 because it occurred in 2012 as a result of a 2012 Memo Directive by Janet Napolitano in response to a request from Congress for clarity on "Prioritization of Resources", and to distinguish between the DACA 2014 Expansion and DAPA 2014 that were ordered by Executive Orders by then President Obama, that was challenged in the courts by 26 states, and were stopped by a ruling of the 4th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals.

DACA 2012 wasn't part of the 2014 DACA and 2014 DAPA lawsuits. DACA 2012 was not an Executive Order by President Obama whereas the TWO 2014 DACA/DAPA were Executive Orders by President Obama. DACA 2012 was a response by the Department of Homeland Security to "Prioritization of Resources" ordered/requested by the US Congress. That's where the whole "deportation of criminal illegal aliens" started to prioritize budget resources appropriated by the US Congress to address the most serious and most dangerous elements of the illegal alien population first.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-09-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I call it DACA 2012 because it occurred in 2012 as a result of a 2012 Memo Directive by Janet Napolitano in response to a request from Congress for clarity on "Prioritization of Resources" to distinguish between the DACA 2014 Expansion and DAPA 2014 that were ordered by Executive Orders by then President Obama, that was challenged in the courts by 26 states, and were stopped by a ruling of the 4th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals.

DACA 2012 wasn't part of the 2014 DACA and 2014 DAPA lawsuits. DACA 2012 was not an Executive Order by President Obama whereas the TWO 2014 DACA/DAPA were Executive Orders by President Obama. DACA 2012 was a response by the Department of Homeland Security to "Prioritization of Resources" ordered/requested by the US Congress. That's where the whole "deportation of criminal illegal aliens" started to prioritize budget resources appropriated by the US Congress to address the most serious and most dangerous elements of the illegal alien population first.
    I know why you call it DACA 2012 (obfuscation technique). The U.S. Congress did not order the DACA program and for you to suggest Obama or Homeland Security created it in their stead because it is something they wanted is beyond the pale. However, instead of changing the topic of discussion to one we've already had, I'd really like is an answer to my question:

"William Gheen of ALIPAC, Roy Beck of NumbersUSA, Mark Krikorian with the Center of Immigration Studies have actually confronted the Trump administration over the failed promise to end DACA. Are you going to tell these three stalwarts in our efforts to end illegal immigration that they are wrong too?"

So, are they wrong and you're right or are they right and you're wrong?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I'm right, so you take that anyway you want to sell it.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Well, I'm right, so you take that anyway you want to sell it.

Okey-dokey. Thanks for answering my question.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm glad there are people here wrestling with the details of this DACA thing. I am only paying attention peripherally. It seems to me that I saw somebody post something about something running out in June. This seems like a good time to place a deadline on Trump doing something about. If I don't hear the open borders and amnesty advocate howling in June about DACA, I'll assume he has dropped the ball. Meanwhile I am comforted now by all the howling I am hearing from the opposition about Trump and immigration.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    I'm glad there are people here wrestling with the details of this DACA thing. I am only paying attention peripherally. It seems to me that I saw somebody post something about something running out in June. This seems like a good time to place a deadline on Trump doing something about. If I don't hear the open borders and amnesty advocate howling in June about DACA, I'll assume he has dropped the ball. Meanwhile I am comforted now by all the howling I am hearing from the opposition about Trump and immigration.
    Didn't ALIPAC give Trump an April 1st deadline ....... or was it April 17th?

I believe Trump is waiting for the U.S. Congress to place a new DREAMER bill on his desk that will legalize those in the Obama DACA program. If I'm right we'll know before June 1st, if I'm wrong, we'll know where Trump really stands in June. The huge concern many of us share right now is the fact that he hasn't ended taking applications for the program. Yep, folks are still signing up for the program as we speak. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound like someone that is interested in ending DACA or deporting those in the program.

I am only paying attention peripherally. It seems to me that I saw somebody post something about something running out in June.
    Yes, that was me. It was from a Sean Spicer press conference where Sean Spicer said they were considering "letting it expire in June" and seemed to think that was the best way to handle it. Other questions came up on other subjects, and it was left there. I thought it might be tied to when school is out because a lot of the DACA's are in college. That would stop lawsuits from the colleges, that would prevent massive protests on college campuses, and could possibly end the program on its own terms, rather than create a big ta-do over it.

In the meantime, they are arresting and deporting DACA's who have broken the law, violated a visa or other immigration order, rule, regulation or statute, and who are using welfare, because those are Trump's HIGH PRIORITY deeds that will get you arrested and deported.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Didn't ALIPAC give Trump an April 1st deadline ....... or was it April 17th?

I believe Trump is waiting for the U.S. Congress to place a new DREAMER bill on his desk that will legalize those in the Obama DACA program. If I'm right we'll know before June 1st, if I'm wrong, we'll know where Trump really stands in June. The huge concern many of us share right now is the fact that he hasn't ended taking applications for the program. Yep, folks are still signing up for the program as we speak. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound like someone that is interested in ending DACA or deporting those in the program.
    Whatever is going on, it wouldn't pay to let off the pressure. If it doesn't sound right, it isn't right, but the music I am listening to is the panic from the open borders and amnesty advocates. Where I am at there is no end of it. It is in the papers, local and statewide and there is no end of it at the community level either.

I have to say there is an eerie continuity between those who are outraged about Trump and immigration and those outraged because Trump isn't doing anything right away about DACA.

Yes, that was me. It was from a Sean Spicer press conference where Sean Spicer said they were considering "letting it expire in June" and seemed to think that was the best way to handle it. Other questions came up on other subjects, and it was left there. I thought it might be tied to when school is out because a lot of the DACA's are in college. That would stop lawsuits from the colleges, that would prevent massive protests on college campuses, and could possibly end the program on its own terms, rather than create a big ta-do over it.

In the meantime, they are arresting and deporting DACA's who have broken the law, violated a visa or other immigration order, rule, regulation or statute, and who are using welfare, because those are Trump's HIGH PRIORITY deeds that will get you arrested and deported.
    Yes, and it would seem that the DACA's are supposed to be doubly immune to ICE. If they can be picked off easily in enforcing against illegals advancing their criminal careers, that is encouraging.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, and it would seem that the DACA's are supposed to be doubly immune to ICE. If they can be picked off easily in enforcing against illegals advancing their criminal careers, that is encouraging.
    Yes, they can be picked off for crimes including misdemeanors, welfare use, visa-overstay, and any violation of any other immigration rule, law, order or agreement. It's pretty comprehensive so quite a few can be picked off and in many of the cases rapidly deported without a hearing.

Kelly made a strange statement the other day during a meeting, or so it was reported, that no DACA had been deported under his tenure. Well, they've been arrested so they will be. Maybe he means that if they fit into one of those categories, they're no longer DACA qualified and therefore, no longer a DACA or perhaps were never supposed to be one to begin with. Not sure, it was just a strange statement. And maybe it wasn't even what he actually said. The news media is really bad at paraphrasing what someone said instead of quoting word for word what they said. Anyway, we do need to keep the pressure on for all illegal aliens to be deported, all of them, all 30 million plus of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12