Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza's Affiliate of the Year Award 'Latin Women in Action

Don't leave without reading about all of the programs for Hispanics below.

Don't you wish you were allowed to give an award every year to the organization that was the most helpful to the Caucasian community?

When I read La Raza's web site, I have to wonder how much money it must cost the tax payer to support their programs, as well as the other organization's special programs for the Hispanics.

The cost to tax payers must be way up in the many $billions$! Just read about all of the programs for the Mexicans below! And we are supposed to get TPTB to follow our immigration laws when there are billions and billions and billions of dollars involved in keeping the Mexicans happy and keeping the illegal aliens here!?

This year La Raza's (La Raza is a Latino only org.) award went to 'Latin Women in Action.'

I sincerely wish we were allowed to have a 'White Women or Man in Action' award. I would give the award to the person who has given of their time to try to protect our citizens from the illegal aliens. But I don't think we would be allowed to give that award on the basis of it would be considered racist.

Why does ALIPAC not qualify for government assistance to help fight against the illegal alien criminals who continue to harm the citizens right here in our own country? Don't you wish that ALIPAC who supports the citizens was tax payer funded like La Raza is?

The government allows La Raza to continue to be predigest against the poor disadvantaged Caucasians. La Raza refuses to allow Caucasians to join their organization. The Caucasians wish that they too would be allowed to reap the benefits that La Raza reaps just for Hispanics.

Since Los Angeles is mostly Hispanic now (so they tell me), I would say the Caucasians who are the minority are probably getting a little tired of the predigest acts lodged against them in the Los Angeles area, especially when they are told to get out and leave like beaten rats because Los Angeles belongs to the Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos.

2010 NCLR Affiliate of the Year

NCLR’s work would not be possible without strong partnerships with its Affiliates—nearly 300 community-based organizations in all regions of the country working to promote the advancement of the Hispanic community. The Affiliate of the Year Award is the most visible recognition that NCLR bestows annually to showcase the achievements and impact of an outstanding Affiliate and to recognize the Affiliate’s active engagement in critical NCLR policy and programmatic initiatives. This year NCLR is proud to present the 2010 Affiliate of the Year Award to Mujeres Latinas en Acción.

In the Chicago neighborhood of Pilsen, Mujeres Latinas en Acción was launched in 1973 by a group of women who recognized the challenges that local Latinas were facing. They leveraged their resources, tapped their creativity, and battled politics, social stigma, and personal threats to build a social service agency run by and for Hispanic women. It has since become the longest-standing Latina organization in the country. Serving more than 8,000 individuals yearly, Mujeres has emerged as a recognized leader in providing culturally proficient services in domestic violence, sexual assault, parent support, emergency assistance, and Latina leadership and has been at the forefront of critical legislative forums, speaking on behalf of Latinas and protecting their rights.

Recognizing the importance of building strong communities by fostering self-sufficiency in women, Mujeres delivers comprehensive and targeted programs for women and families. Its Domestic Violence Program works to eliminate violence in the home and assists survivors in breaking the cycle of abuse within their families and in their lives. Through its Sexual Assault Program, Mujeres provides emotional and legal support for English- and Spanish-speaking survivors of sexual violence at many stages in their recovery. Finally, its Latina Leadership Program facilitates women’s self-empowerment and leadership development by helping them identify their strengths and build their self-esteem.

Mujeres also has a long history of serving children and youth. It provides child care services to children between the ages of eight and 12 who participate in a wide variety of structured activities designed to educate them in cooperative play, good health, and academic success. In addition, Proyecto Juventud offers young people ages 11 through 17 a number of structured after-school activities that promote academic success, community involvement, and leadership development. Young people in this program receive tutoring and homework assistance and participate in recreational activities that boost their self-esteem. Furthermore, a special 15-week program is offered to mothers and daughters, which aims to improve communication and strengthen their relationship. Working parallel to Proyecto Juventud, the Peace Program assists immigrant children age six to 12 whose parents may lack mastery of the English language or a formal education. With a focus on nurturing personal and academic development, this program provides the tools to succeed in school and in life.

Mujeres has an extensive record of collaboration with NCLR and its Affiliates. In 2006, Mujeres was awarded the NCLR/Comcast Capacity-Building Grant to strengthen and expand its advocacy capacity and citizenship services. As a result, 300 women have been trained as advocates and have helped advance naturalization efforts by disseminating information about the citizenship process and helping community members complete their citizenship applications. In addition, it has participated in NCLR’s National Latino Advocacy Days since the event launched in 2005, and was appointed as Lead Convener for NCLR’s Latino Juvenile Justice Network in its long-term, multistate juvenile justice reform efforts. Mujeres also plays a pivotal role in the Mujer Avanzando pilot program, which includes a partnership with Instituto del Progreso Latino and The Resurrection Project, two of NCLR’s Affiliates in Chicago. The initiative helps Latinas achieve economic independence through leadership development, career development, and financial asset-building. Finally, Maria Pesqueira, Executive Director of Mujeres, has served for many years on the NCLR Board of Directors, most recently on the Executive Committee as Secretary.

Today, Mujeres is recognized as a local, state, and national leader in providing culturally proficient services to the Latino community, and its staff has received numerous awards. These include the Impact Award from the Chicago Foundation for Women in 2010, the Sor Juana Women of Achievement Award from the National Museum of Mexican Art in 2009, and the Community Service Award from the Governor of Illinois in 2008.

Mujeres Latinas en Acción stands out in the quality of its programs and services and contributions to NCLR’s policy and programmatic initiatives. Service, empowerment, and transformation have defined its work for nearly four decades, and NCLR is proud to recognize its partnership with us and its contributions to strengthening communities.

Link Here
    (Link disabled by MOD)

And here are the honorees....
    2010 Regional Honorees
    CALIFORNIA REGION

Camino Nuevo Charter Academy, in Los Angeles, California, has helped thousands of students on their college-bound path through its core principles of scholarship, respect, access, justice, and community. With its focus on understanding the unique needs of students and their community, Camino Nuevo offers enriching educational opportunities and comprehensive support programs that include parents, schools, and the community, while creating healthy, literate students who are poised to achieve their full academic and social potential.

FAR WEST REGION

Housing America Corporation is dedicated to improving the lives of Latinos in the Somerton, Arizona area. It provides education and economic opportunities to individuals and families in the very low- to moderate-income range, and its programs include homeownership education, pre- and post-purchase housing counseling, down payment assistance, a self-help program, and foreclosure intervention. Serving more than 1,800 clients each year, Housing America Corporation works to ensure that Latinos have access to safe, decent, and affordable housing and that they have the tools they need to sustain homeownership, which creates stronger communities.

NORTHEAST REGION

Latin American Community Center (LACC) is Delaware’s oldest and largest fully bilingual community service provider, serving New Castle County’s Hispanic community. Founded in Wilmington in 1969, LACC offers resources and programs that promote empowerment and enhance the quality of life of the Latino community. Serving young children, youth, adults, and seniors, it provides a continuum of care in programs and services that focus on lifelong learning and life empowerment while advancing the economic and educational well-being of the Latino community.

SOUTHEAST REGION

El Pueblo, Inc., based in Raleigh, North Carolina, is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the Latino community by focusing on advocacy and public policy issues. Founded in 1994, El Pueblo is an advocacy and direct service organization which works to address the issues affecting the Hispanic community by seeking solutions at the national and state levels of government. It provides a comprehensive range of programs, which include leadership development, proactive and direct advocacy, education, and the promotion of cross-cultural understanding in partnerships at the local, state, and national levels.

TEXAS REGION

Tejano Center for Community Concerns (TCCC), in Houston, Texas, was founded in 1992. TCCC comprehensively and holistically maximizes community assets to improve opportunities for Hispanics through four key areas: education, affordable housing, adult/parent education, and youth services. It operates youth violence prevention programs, ABC/ESL classes, drug abuse and AIDS prevention programs, gang intervention and prevention programs, and the Raul Yzaguirre Charter School for Success. Its holistic approach supports its efforts to provide pathways to higher education, knowledge-based jobs, and a better quality of life.

[url=http://www. nclr.org/index.php/nclr_affiliates/resources_for_affiliates/affiliate_of_the_year/2010_regional_honorees/]Link Here[ /url]
    (Link disabled by MOD, RB)
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

These groups intended or not create racism and it always will cause an opposing force but for a few money is made.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Latin women in action, before the GOP takes their welfare checks!
    (.)http://mujereslatinasenaccion.com/Press_Release.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Latin woman in action. Dropping anchors. Running to welfare office.

I say we go for it. Stop and think. We hear all the different ethnic Caucauses. The different ethnic activist groups. We have heard our elected officials refer to the Latino Community, The Hispanic Community and the Asian Community, etc. We have heard Senator's and our President refer to Dreamers as Americans. We have heard our journalist state that they should no longer hurt Latinos or Mexicans by using the term illegal immigrant or illegal alien.

If you are white you are referred to as racist, nativist etc. Look what they are trying to do. Making Americans that are white ashamed. They are dehumanizing being a white American. We are no longer a people, we have no ethnic origin. Simply put they are pushing white Americans into the shadows. Making us irrelevant. All we hear in the news or from our government is what affects or what these ethnic communities want.

They run rampant with their ethnic groups. They tell us this is good this is great and they are entitled because they are proud of their ethnic heritage and culture.

It is o.k. to be a member of the Brown Beret or the Black Panther's. They are fighting for their people. Yet any group that is mainly white is referred to as racist, associated with the KKK, Nazi's or White Supremist groups.

I say I am tired of being made to feel ashamed of my heritage, the color of my skin. I am through with the White American Guilt Club. I am not responsible for the sins of my forefathers.

The problem with being a White American is that we are of so many ethnic groups. European primarily and American Indian. We have never felt we needed to describe ourselves as anything other than American. Yet we are watching as being American is being watered down by President Obama and many of our politicans. So in answer to what ethnic culture do I consider myself and to define ourselves I say we start referring to ourselves as White Indigenous-Americans.

Just think of it the White Indigenous Caucus. The White Indigenous American Activist Group - For the advancement and Education of White Indigenous-American Youth. Etc.

We define a ethnic group, a culture in America and only then can you get funding and support from the Government. Only then it seems will you be allowed to have representation. Only then are you not made invisible.