Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Labor Sec. Nominee Puzder: " I Will Fiercely Defend American Workers"...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Labor Sec. Nominee Puzder: " I Will Fiercely Defend American Workers"...

Labor Sec. Nominee Puzder: “I will fiercely defend American Workers”…

Posted on December 10, 2016 by sundance

President-Elect Donald Trump announced Thursday his intention to nominate Andrew Puzder as Labor Secretary. There were many concerned voices who rose up in opposition. CTH was not part of that assembly, because we can see the larger challengeand objective.

However, today, apparently in response to the concerns of his detractors, Mr. Puzder released the following statement on American workers, immigration, and his plans for the Labor Department:

“My job as a business person is to maximize profits for my company, employees and shareholders. My job as the Secretary of Labor, if confirmed, is to serve U.S. citizen workers – that is my moral and constitutional duty.

The public spoke loud and clear in this election, and delivered a mandate to protect American workers. It makes no economic sense to spend trillions on welfare and jobless benefits for out of work Americans while bringing in foreign workers to fill jobs in their place.

“As Secretary of Labor, I will fiercely defend American workers and implement my piece of the ten point plan the President-elect laid out. President-elect Trump’s plan to establish new immigration controls will boost wages and ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Hire American and Buy American is our policy, and the one supported by voters in both parties. I will not provide guest worker visas to companies that break the rules, and will support reforms to raise wages for Americans — I know the system from the inside, and will be the best champion American workers have had.

With 94 million Americans outside the labor force, and massive unemployment in our inner cities and among minority workers, my job will be to help these workers find jobs. We also have large unemployment in our immigrant communities, and these communities benefit the most from clamping down on guest worker programs that compete against them.” (link)

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rican-workers/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 12-10-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    We also have large unemployment in our immigrant communities, and these communities benefit the most from clamping down on guest worker programs that compete against them.
    Yep, our illegal immigrants and refugees needs jobs ......... let's put them to work!

http://www.alipac.us/f9/trump-expect...orkers-341422/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

* The Ten Point Plan Mentioned above

DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION

• Prioritize the jobs, wages and security of the American people.

• Establish new immigration controls to boost wages and to ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first.

• Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admissions

• Select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in the U.S. and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.
      • Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values,
      • institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.
      • Enforce the immigration laws of the United States and restore the Constitutional rule of law upon which America’s prosperity and security depend.

Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First

1. Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.
    2. End catch-and-release. Under a Trump administration, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed out of our country.

3. Move criminal aliens out day one, in joint operations with local, state, and federal law enforcement. We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly, non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets.

4. End sanctuary cities.

5. Immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced - we will triple the number of ICE agents. Anyone who enters the U.S. illegally is subject to deportation. That is what it means to have laws and to have a country.

6. Suspend the issuance of visas to any place where adequate screening cannot occur, until proven and effective vetting mechanisms can be put into place.

7. Ensure that other countries take their people back when we order them deported.

8. Ensure that a biometric entry-exit visa tracking system is fully implemented at all land, air, and sea ports.

9. Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet. Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants.

10. Reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers, keeping immigration levels within historic norms.

Read More on Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First, here.

Read Mr. Trump's Remarks in Phoenix, Arizona, in Mexico City, and at the Remembrance Project Luncheon.

KEY ISSUES

• Current immigration policy costs taxpayers $300 billion a year [National Review, Sept. 22, 2016]

• Since 2013 alone, the Obama Administration has allowed 300,000 criminal aliens to return back into U.S. communities.

• Between 9/11 and the end of 2014, at least 380 foreign-born individuals were convicted in terror cases inside the United States. [U.S. Senate Immigration Subcommittee, June 22, 2016]

• In the last five years, we’ve admitted nearly 100,000 immigrants from Iraq and Afghanistan – in these two countries, according to Pew research, a majority of residents say that the barbaric practice of honor killings against women are often or sometimes justified. [U.S. Department of Homeland Security, August 2016], [Pew Research Center, July 22, 2016]

• From the year 2008 through 2014, nearly 13,000 criminal aliens were released back into U.S. communities because their home countries would not take them back. [The Boston Globe, June 4, 2016]

• 62 percent of households headed by illegal immigrants used some form of cash or non-cash welfare programs, like food stamps or housing assistance. [Center for Immigration Studies, Sept. 2015]

• Nearly 1 million illegal immigrants, including nearly 200,000 with criminal convictions, had been ordered deported but remain at large. [Washington Examiner, July 1, 2015]

• Between 2013 and 2015, the Obama Administration released over 86,000 criminal aliens from custody. In 2015 alone, ICE freed 19,723 criminal aliens, who had 64,197 convictions among them. These included 8,234 violent convictions and 208 homicide convictions. [Homeland Security Committee, Nov. 19, 2015]

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/immigration

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 12-10-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Yep, our illegal immigrants and refugees needs jobs ......... let's put them to work!

http://www.alipac.us/f9/trump-expect...orkers-341422/
    That jumped out at me, too, MW. They have heard from people and know we will not retreat on demanding promises are kept and that Americans are put first.

The American people are watching.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    That jumped out at me, too, MW. They have heard from people and know we will not retreat on demanding promises are kept and that Americans are put first.

The American people are watching.
    I know and folks are probably getting tired of me harping on Pudzer. I'm sorry, just can't help myself because the man has been adamant, as recent as last year, in his support of more foreign labor and amnesty for illegals. The thought of him being put in charge of our Department of Labor just disgust me to no end.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have LEGAL IMMIGRANTS here whose jobs are stolen too. That's what he's referring to. They're here on green cards, permanent residents, and entitled under our laws to jobs same as citizens. We need a Moratorium on All Immigration for at least 10 to 20 years to take care of our own citizens and the legal immigrants who are already here.

I'm really pleased with Puzder's statement to clarify his job and role in this administration.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Puzder: I Will Fiercely Defend American Workers as Secretary of Labor
    By RealClearPolitics Staff
    December 09, 2016

President-Elect Donald Trump announced on Thursday he intends to nominate fast-food executive Andrew Puzder as Labor Secretary. Today, Puzder released the following statement on American workers, immigration, and his plans for the Labor Department:

"My job as a business person is to maximize profits for my company, employees and shareholders. My job as the Secretary of Labor, if confirmed, is to serve U.S. citizen workers – that is my moral and constitutional duty. The public spoke loud and clear in this election, and delivered a mandate to protect American workers. It makes no economic sense to spend trillions on welfare and jobless benefits for out of work Americans while bringing in foreign workers to fill jobs in their place.

“As Secretary of Labor, I will fiercely defend American workers and implement my piece of the ten point plan the President-elect laid out. President-elect Trump's plan to establish new immigration controls will boost wages and ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first. Hire American and Buy American is our policy, and the one supported by voters in both parties. I will not provide guest worker visas to companies that break the rules, and will support reforms to raise wages for Americans -- I know the system from the inside, and will be the best champion American workers have had. With 94 million Americans outside the labor force, and massive unemployment in our inner cities and among minority workers, my job will be to help these workers find jobs. We also have large unemployment in our immigrant communities, and these communities benefit the most from clamping down on guest worker programs that compete against them.”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...or_132536.html

This statement was released yesterday, Dec. 9th. Interesting, not one mainstream media whatever reported on it. I guess it wasn't on the DNC email alert.

Thank you Sundance and conservative tree house for getting it out to everyone!!

THANK YOU GEORGIAPEACH for finding it and posting it here. I think it clears up a lot of concerns.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-10-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I'm really pleased with Puzder's statement to clarify his job and role in this administration.
    I'm sure it was a prepared speech that was specifically designed to answer all the attacks he has taken over his position on immigration, illegal immigration, and foreign labor. Nothing in the speech makes me feel any better about him because one little speech formulated under duress doesn't mean he has changed his position, just means he's feeling the pressure.

MW, your disgust is understandable. There are millions of disgusted Americans like you.

I believe that with Donald Trump and his administration we will see positive actions against illegal immigration. He doesn't want to fail the nation or the people. He truly loves America.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 12-11-2016 at 12:32 AM.

I would like to believe that Mr. Puzder could go from amnesty Gang of 8 supporter to preferring his fellow Americans. Again, any person in the cabinet will not be going rogue against President Elect Trump. They will follow the agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast