Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I hope so. We need to ask some tough questions before we just jump on the bandwagon for any bill that claims to increase immigration enforcement.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Well, the House bill won't go to the President's desk, it will be in conference with the Senate that the final bill comes out, so I believe it will be stronger for a variety of reasons, rather than watered down. Knowing what's in the House bill, the Senate typically stakes out positions for negotiation in its bill.

We killed the national Nightmare Act because we are strong and persistent. Obama will sign e-verify because he wants reelection and won't want to be labelled with supporting illegals' employment when voters need jobs. That is because jobs is what the election will be about. And he is totally out of tricks to "create jobs," not that any worked. As long as e-verify didn't come up, he could pretend it didn't exist and support his beloved illegals, but now it is there and he can't ignore it. Can you imagine the campaign if he vetoes the bill? Except I want illegals out more than Obama, it would almost be worth it.

Once passed and in effect, the improvement in unemployment will be noticeable such that any flaws in the law will be fixed to get more improvement. And we will point to e-verify for making jobs available to citizens and legal residents. That will provide leverage for reducing immigration.

The Maryland petition drive to kill the MD DREAM Act is in full swing and looks like we will get there. We will get this on the ballot and this shovel-ready law will be heaped onto the muck pile where it belongs. In addition to the impact of other states with regard to illegals, just getting it on the ballot will have national implications because MD is such a "liberal' state. Whether MSM reports it or not, you can bet the pols are watching.

CASA scum and others pooh poohed the petition drive thinking it would wither, but even the drive organizers were surprised at the massive response. Now CASA scumbags are planning a court challenge, and they are running scared. The ACLU supported this law, and now they are worried, too.

The petition drive is bi-partisan. D, R, and Ind are signing and several local Democrat politicians (city councils, county groups) have issued press releases supporting the drive to kill the bill.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Thanks for info Watson. You sound optimistic. Good to hear more optimism about the federal e-verify bill. And I didn't know about the success of the Maryland petition -- thats great!

Hope you're right that E-verify bill will be even stronger when it gets to President's desk. There was another article here yesterday saying the Senate version of bill is stronger than House version. I'm probably a bit leary of the Senate version in part because one of the co-sponsors is Rubio, and I don't trust him on this issue.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Thanks for info Watson. You sound optimistic. Good to hear more optimism about the federal e-verify bill. And I didn't know about the success of the Maryland petition -- thats great!

Hope you're right that E-verify bill will be even stronger when it gets to President's desk. There was another article here yesterday saying the Senate version of bill is stronger than House version. I'm probably a bit leary of the Senate version in part because one of the co-sponsors is Rubio, and I don't trust him on this issue.
    I have to agree with Watson also. I think it will be strengthened along with having the anti state teeth taken out. I think states will be allowed to keep the right to pull business's liscences at least and I'm sure a few states are already talking quietly about a Constitutional challenge after the law is passed with taking away states rights.

Obama may try and veto it but he knows doing such is signing his own political death certificate... UNLESS he gets some Senate cronies to add in some "extremist" parts in so he can say he "loved the bill... except".... and then veto because one part that can be spun to look really overly harsh. After all this has been a tactic in the past to kill bills many times by taking a good bill and adding crap just so they can say its now a bad bill and have something to veto and not look so bad.

I talked with four people on the subway today--I approach people whenever I can to tell them about our petition site. Everyone was keen on signing and on passing it along to others. I have only ever run into two people who agreed with the bill (and it was clear they didn't understand it).

It's always possible to put in a poison pill, but We the People are in no mood for illegals to have our jobs or mooch our benefits. IMO, Maryland is a bellweather because we are considered so liberal. In the last election, the Republican party put no effort into the state because they considered MD a lost cause.

Keep the faith and don't stop fighting. I'm high from the responses I got coming home from work today. Marylanders lit up with hope when they heard there is a way out of this crazy law.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Just to expand: here is what scumbag CASA is doing to block our petition:

http://potomacteapartyreport.wordpress. ... sa-kids-2/

Below is a first hand account of the experiences of one volunteer on the Eastern Shore last weekend.

Our recent experience with the petition drive started Friday afternoon (6/17) when a young man appeared at our table while we were collecting signatures in Easton in front of The Amish Market. He innocently started asking us questions about the petition as if he were interested in signing. He departed saying he would think about it, but later I noticed him standing about twenty feet from us holding a batch of pamphlets. I have excerpted portions of the pamphlet that are the more egregious statements (otherwise known as “pack of liesâ€

If Barleta is opposed, I'm opposed.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Barlett ... -bill.html
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I see the concern. Then the thing to do is call and get them to improve the bill, not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12