Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So make sure to translate to the minority in English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ramos' macho claims only point to their DESIRE to create a separate (perhaps equal?) society within the US. DIVIDE AND CONQUER is a proven tactic in any circumstance, whether war or politics.

Ramos merely confirms that Latinos assimilate less; in fact he wishes that they assimilate even less so that HIS services will become more valuable.

His sidekick, Maria-Elena Salinas, who is US born promotes the same "Latino-power" divisiveness. Both act as if they were world-class "journalists" when they are simply noisy advocacy reporters...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Most of the people who watch Univision I'd say are the first-genearation Latino immigrants. Most 2nd generation, 3rd generation, etc prefer to watch the English language channels especially the young generation due to the superior programming those channels offer. I know I'd rather watch ABC's Lost than any soap opera on Unvision. So Univision needs that constant flow of first generation immigrants to keep their ratings up or else they're doomed.

LatinoMan, your point is well taken.

IMO
    * Media Mexicans play the ethnic card far more than do non-Hispanic Americans.
    * The problem with current immigration policy is a refusal to put the quality of American life first.
    * Hispanic Americans, many of whom are second, third, and fourth generation Americans, are hurt every bit as much - if not more - by current immigration policy.

AE

Latinoman, I am glad you are speaking out here. I hope you continue to do so. When the Mayday protests happened in 2007, we heard story after story of Americans of Hispanic/Latino descent, being berated and called dirty names for speaking out against illegal immigration. I hope that no matter what, you will stick to your guns as an American, as hard as it might be in the face of that kind of, sometimes very personal, persecution.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12