Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Ditto that. But in some ways, I hope they keep it up. Just like the mexican flag waving in American's faces....keeping adding more fuel to the fire to out of work Americans and see how many more wake up PO'ed!
    Exactly. I actually love when they get out and protest. It does nothing but greatly help our cause. The 2006 demonstrations were probably the best things that ever happened to our movement. Its almost as if we planned, organized, and paid for huge demonstrations for our cause. They save us the trouble and hand it to us for free

About courting the "latino vote." It is a futile attempt for the Reps, as the article said. Besides, all they would have to do is pick up a very small % of their traditional base to equal enormous gains in ethnocentric latinos. Which is easier?
    Exactly! You'd think that they'd want to pander to the majority of people who are (at least somewhat) behind them and who are totally against the Dems agenda. If they don't have the latino vote, then why not try and please the majority base they DO have?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What does it say about Hispanic citizens who think that their ethnic kind should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them? Not only that but most of them aren't just guilty of violation our immigration laws but commit felonies such as I.D. and SS# fraud and theft after the initial act. How many citizens would get rewarded for a felony rather than imprisoned? How do they as Hispanic ciitzens justify this arrogant and selfish agenda in their minds? Oh, that's right they have an ethnocentric and tribal mentality and they wonder why we don't want their numbers to increase in our country especially through illegal immigration?

Banned
    This is not suprising. Hispanic News and hispanic papers are always printing articles that are shaded to make the readers think they are in the majority. Their press pumps up the readers and watchers so they actually believe that if they don't get what they want its because they were cheated. Fact is outside of the latino district they have little support and power. Yes they can swing an election on a local basis but not nationally unless its a very close contest. If the Republicans follow through and continue to cost cut and to add pressure to remove illegals, then the American public will elect even more Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Ditto that. But in some ways, I hope they keep it up. Just like the mexican flag waving in American's faces....keeping adding more fuel to the fire to out of work Americans and see how many more wake up PO'ed!
    Exactly. I actually love when they get out and protest. It does nothing but greatly help our cause. The 2006 demonstrations were probably the best things that ever happened to our movement. Its almost as if we planned, organized, and paid for huge demonstrations for our cause. They save us the trouble and hand it to us for free

About courting the "latino vote." It is a futile attempt for the Reps, as the article said. Besides, all they would have to do is pick up a very small % of their traditional base to equal enormous gains in ethnocentric latinos. Which is easier?
    I remember that, I remember when AZ passed a bill in 2006 to further enforce the laws. The streets of Phoenix were so packed with illegal protesters that the streets were literally shut down. There were literally 50,000+ protesters, it was crazy.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Exactly! You'd think that they'd want to pander to the majority of people who are (at least somewhat) behind them and who are totally against the Dems agenda. If they don't have the latino vote, then why not try and please the majority base they DO have?
    Yep, the "hispanic strategy" serves no purpose what so ever, other than the Reps LOSING support. They will never get ethnocentric hispanics votes. The only purpose it can possibly serve is losing members of their traditional base, who would (and probably already do) feel alienated by hispandering and not vote or vote Third Party.

I do not agree with Republicans on a number of issues as it is. If they were to support amnesty, I would have almost nothing in common with them. I think people like myself, and other independents, and even Democrats, are the very people the Reps should be reaching out to. Not an ethnocentric, relatively small portion of the electorate.

I have the #s on how easy it would be to get more votes from the Reps traditional base vs. the difficulty of gaining ethnocentric hispanics. I don't feel like getting them right now, but I'll post them tommorow.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Lower income Americans are more in need of social programs, but Hispanics are becoming wary of illegals. That's probably because they realize that illegals are udercutting them and their offspring. In that sense they are no different than any other Americans. So when we think of which candidates they'll vote for, I'd expect that they'd look at who will protect their interests and the interests of their offspring.

IMO the obstacle to Hispanics expressing their concerns comes from nose counting Demos and Open Border Repubs not basing policy on the best interests of Americans.
    ************************************************** ****************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Banned
    No one party is perfect. The best party is the one whofollows the will of the people. The majority of the USA want illegals removed, not given AMNISTY or a DREAM. We need to support those who are going to be staunch advocates for stronger immigration laws, stronger interaction and cooperation between Federal officers and Local Law Enforcement. The American Public is never going to stand for a Latino majority in the GOP. Real AMERICANS will see through all the latino press lies and will continue to vote for both stronger Federal immigration laws as well as new independant state laws calling for deportation of all undocumented people here.

OK, here is the breakdown on why the Reps focusing on the hispanic vote rather than their traditional base is ridiculous: These #s have changed a bit over the years, but are still close to a reflection of today. As of 2004 hispanics made up 14.4% of the population. But as many are illegal, and many don't vote, they make up only 6% of the electorate. The traditional base of the Rep Party makes up 80% of the electorate. Which means that the Rep's traditional base is worth 13 times the size of the hispanic vote. Therefore, adding 1% of the Reps traditional base is worth gaining 13% of the hispanic vote. An increase of 2% of the traditional base is worth 25% of the hispanic vote. Again I ask, which would be easier for the Reps to accomplish?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12