Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This makes me want to start a protest agaisnt mexicans taking over the puerto rican telemundo, and adding at least 10 spanish only cable and non cable stations showing alot of good movies on there with no english subtitles... so people i want to watch the movie with, cant watch it with me because they need substitles..yet the asian pacific channels always have english subtitles on their soap operas and movies and stuff. THIS IS SO BACKWARDS!! SCREW YOU LARAZA, PUT SUBTITLES BACK ON TELEMUNDO JERKS! AND WHY YOURE AT IT, QUIT IT WITH THE REVERSE RACISM ON YOUR NEWS STATIONS, YOU SUCK. I remember watching telemundo back when I was a kid and it DID have english subtitles, up until the early 2000's..hm I wonder why. Infact I remember telemundo back in the day having english movies with spanish subtitles..things sure have changed huh?

A coalition of more than 30 organizations argue in a letter to the FCC that the Internet has made it harder for the public to separate the facts from bigotry masquerading as news.
    They know what is supportive and none supportive to their cause. And are using a race card for ANYTHING that is none supportive being racist.

Thank you, Bbean... my SO is full Mexican (both sides of the family) and the family and she are the MOST WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND WARM-HEARTED PERSONS I'VE EVER KNOWN!!!! They came here LEGALLY and are very conservative and VERY family-oriented!!!!! I'm VERY blessed and lucky!!!

It is the ILLEGAL immigrants and the children of ILLEGAL immigrants who are DEMANDING Americans support them, pay for their education, food, housing and crying racist and have NO RESPECT FOR AMERICA OR ITS LAWS... they must GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It's been a long twenty four hours for me. Though I have been busy, I've haven't been too busy to ponder something that interested me. Last night I responded to a post by 93camaro on Hispanic groups filing a complaint to the (FCC) Federal Communications Commission.

I took the time last night to respond to that post. I did a little research and came up with the only issues the FCC deals with.

After thinking about all of that I decided this is important to discuss also. English is our "legal citizens" official language. The English language is a very important part of our history and our heritage.

Many years ago President Theodore Roosevelt once said "We have one language here, and that is the English language, and we intend to see that the [assimilation] crucible turns our people out as Americans."

Today America's linguistic unity, which enabled the melting-pot crucible to forge one nation out of millions of immigrants from all over the world, is under attack as never before. Record numbers of non-English speaking immigrants threaten to overwhelm the assimilative process. And instead of encouraging new immigrants to acquire the English fluency needed to succeed in our society, the policy of our government is to promote "diversity" by operating in ever growing numbers of foreign languages.

Arizona have been in and out of court several times regarding "English as a Second Language." Our Federal Government is spending an outrageous amount of money teaching "non English speaking students." I have no problem with people speaking their own language in their homes and within their communities. That was their original language and I am not implying they have no right to use it.

Personally I am in total agreement with Theodore Roosevelt, We Should Have Only One Language Here and that is The English Language. Though the Hispanic community has filed a complaint with the FCC, I have some of my own complaints.

Before you hear my complaint list I want to go on record as saying I have friends all over the United States and some overseas that are Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, Oriental, Vietnamese, African and the list of my friends and associates goes on from there. I don't unless someone brings up the topic see color in people. In reality we are all the same color, just with a difference in the skin pigmentation. Along with that we all bleed the same color blood. I share that with you so that no one accuses me of being "racist." That is something I have never been and will never be.

I do also believe there is a major difference between being "racist" if you will and having "values" that you believe everyone needs to respect or honor.

1. I'm tired of seeing Hispanic people talking and as you walk up and they see you, whether that is in a grocery store line or anywhere, you can generally hear them speaking English, until you get closer and they notice you and then all of a sudden they are speaking fluent Spanish.

2. I'm also tired of those situations when they do that and turn around and look at you and make sure you see them and are laughing, and I believe though I may be wrong, that's because they get much humor out of knowing I or we can't understand a thing they are saying. I find no humor in that and think it's extremely rude.

3. As far as their complaint to the FCC, I watch and listen to a lot of the major news networks whether on television or radio. I tend to think that what they are hearing and then thinking is "Hate Talk" or "Hate Radio or Television" isn't truly about Hate, it's just that they don't like our opinion or what some are saying and they construe that as Hate. Anotherwords if our opinion doesn't agree with their opinion then they are making an assumption that we "Hate Them."

We have a constitutional right to "Freedom of Speech" granted by our Constitution. Freedom of Speech is but one thing of many that make our Country great and make our country one that many want to relocate to and go through the process to become Americans.

4. I have to think that it would only make sense to have the FCC that has licensed the Hispanic channels and networks to adjust the rules of their laws and find a way to make the Hispanic networks either broadcast in English since they are in America, or run the text of what they are saying across the screen Radio stations could by dually simulcast to run the Hispanic version along with the English version. That might even help those that can't speak Englisih to learn.

5. I don't believe our Government should make our schools bilingual to where all students have to learn Spanish. I think it should be the parent's and childrens decision as to what languages they want to learn.

6. One last thing that disturbs me is the electronic answering systems that via computer pick up our initial calls. They state if you want to hear this in English push 1 and then we still go through both dialogs prior to being transferred to a live person. I believe when we push 1 we should be transferred over to an English speaking person. The reverse for the Spanish speaking customers.

It appears we as American's are going to have to become more vocal on each issue that our Federal Government tries to put through to make sure we keep our Constitution the Great Document and Rule of law for the United States of America it is.

I have many friends, some of which are my best lifelong friends that are Hispanic and they did what it took to become an American, and are now 100% proud of their Legal United States Citizen status. They also are upset and the Illegal Immigration problem we are having across America. Their attitude is "We did what it took", "They need to do what it takes", or they need to go back to Mexico.
    [b]My loyalty is to the United States of America. I have no loyalty to politicians. I will watch over, care for, respect, honor, pray for and never forget her history ~~Sher~~

People aren't too happy about this article, there are over 1,135 comments so far at the source link.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Sher
    It's been a long twenty four hours for me. Though I have been busy, I've haven't been too busy to ponder something that interested me. Last night I responded to a post by 93camaro on Hispanic groups filing a complaint to the (FCC) Federal Communications Commission.

I took the time last night to respond to that post. I did a little research and came up with the only issues the FCC deals with.

After thinking about all of that I decided this is important to discuss also. English is our "legal citizens" official language. The English language is a very important part of our history and our heritage.

Many years ago President Theodore Roosevelt once said "We have one language here, and that is the English language, and we intend to see that the [assimilation] crucible turns our people out as Americans."

Today America's linguistic unity, which enabled the melting-pot crucible to forge one nation out of millions of immigrants from all over the world, is under attack as never before. Record numbers of non-English speaking immigrants threaten to overwhelm the assimilative process. And instead of encouraging new immigrants to acquire the English fluency needed to succeed in our society, the policy of our government is to promote "diversity" by operating in ever growing numbers of foreign languages.

Arizona have been in and out of court several times regarding "English as a Second Language." Our Federal Government is spending an outrageous amount of money teaching "non English speaking students." I have no problem with people speaking their own language in their homes and within their communities. That was their original language and I am not implying they have no right to use it.

Personally I am in total agreement with Theodore Roosevelt, We Should Have Only One Language Here and that is The English Language. Though the Hispanic community has filed a complaint with the FCC, I have some of my own complaints.

Before you hear my complaint list I want to go on record as saying I have friends all over the United States and some overseas that are Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, Oriental, Vietnamese, African and the list of my friends and associates goes on from there. I don't unless someone brings up the topic see color in people. In reality we are all the same color, just with a difference in the skin pigmentation. Along with that we all bleed the same color blood. I share that with you so that no one accuses me of being "racist." That is something I have never been and will never be.

I do also believe there is a major difference between being "racist" if you will and having "values" that you believe everyone needs to respect or honor.

1. I'm tired of seeing Hispanic people talking and as you walk up and they see you, whether that is in a grocery store line or anywhere, you can generally hear them speaking English, until you get closer and they notice you and then all of a sudden they are speaking fluent Spanish.

2. I'm also tired of those situations when they do that and turn around and look at you and make sure you see them and are laughing, and I believe though I may be wrong, that's because they get much humor out of knowing I or we can't understand a thing they are saying. I find no humor in that and think it's extremely rude.

3. As far as their complaint to the FCC, I watch and listen to a lot of the major news networks whether on television or radio. I tend to think that what they are hearing and then thinking is "Hate Talk" or "Hate Radio or Television" isn't truly about Hate, it's just that they don't like our opinion or what some are saying and they construe that as Hate. Anotherwords if our opinion doesn't agree with their opinion then they are making an assumption that we "Hate Them."

We have a constitutional right to "Freedom of Speech" granted by our Constitution. Freedom of Speech is but one thing of many that make our Country great and make our country one that many want to relocate to and go through the process to become Americans.

4. I have to think that it would only make sense to have the FCC that has licensed the Hispanic channels and networks to adjust the rules of their laws and find a way to make the Hispanic networks either broadcast in English since they are in America, or run the text of what they are saying across the screen Radio stations could by dually simulcast to run the Hispanic version along with the English version. That might even help those that can't speak Englisih to learn.

5. I don't believe our Government should make our schools bilingual to where all students have to learn Spanish. I think it should be the parent's and childrens decision as to what languages they want to learn.

6. One last thing that disturbs me is the electronic answering systems that via computer pick up our initial calls. They state if you want to hear this in English push 1 and then we still go through both dialogs prior to being transferred to a live person. I believe when we push 1 we should be transferred over to an English speaking person. The reverse for the Spanish speaking customers.

It appears we as American's are going to have to become more vocal on each issue that our Federal Government tries to put through to make sure we keep our Constitution the Great Document and Rule of law for the United States of America it is.

I have many friends, some of which are my best lifelong friends that are Hispanic and they did what it took to become an American, and are now 100% proud of their Legal United States Citizen status. They also are upset and the Illegal Immigration problem we are having across America. Their attitude is "We did what it took", "They need to do what it takes", or they need to go back to Mexico.
    Are you trying to make a point? Nothing in your post is new, at least to most of us.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by American-ized
    Thank you, Bbean... my SO is full Mexican (both sides of the family) and the family and she are the MOST WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND WARM-HEARTED PERSONS I'VE EVER KNOWN!!!! They came here LEGALLY and are very conservative and VERY family-oriented!!!!! I'm VERY blessed and lucky!!!

It is the ILLEGAL immigrants and the children of ILLEGAL immigrants who are DEMANDING Americans support them, pay for their education, food, housing and crying racist and have NO RESPECT FOR AMERICA OR ITS LAWS... they must GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Sorry, but sometimes I dont think before I rant. I never meant to make such a blanket statement, My daughter-in-law is a lovely Latino and she gave me 2 beautiful grandchildren! I have no complaints toward immigrants. It is illegal aliens that upset me.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jean,
    I believe Waahington isn't enforcing our Federal Laws, because it's not a part of their agenda.

My personal attitude is if you can't do the job, get out of the office.
    [b]My loyalty is to the United States of America. I have no loyalty to politicians. I will watch over, care for, respect, honor, pray for and never forget her history ~~Sher~~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123