Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So if they get a letter saying that they are breaking the law by housing illegals, but they have a one-year lease with 8 months left..... what happens?
    Good question. I've rented houses a few times and I remember on at least one of the leases there was a statement that that landlord could terminate the lease due to any illegal activity. I think being in the country illegally would cover that.
    However, if there is no clause like that....not sure. My guess is that neither the landlord or the illegals would want the spotlight on them. The landlord my give them the boot anyway. Who are the illeglas going to complain to??

why are NONE of these laws enforced??
    Why do we have have 11+ million illegals in the country?

Because there other laws, discrimination laws. that ultimately trump them and groups like the ACLU provide free assistance to the people who we don't want to rent to. I guess they would rather have properties sitting vacant than defend our right to refuse to rent to illegals or people who are legal but wouldn't think twice about moving in a whole bunch of illegals because they don't care what the law says.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Texas the legislature was considering a law that made landlords responsible for the illegal activities that occurred on their properties. I don't know if that became law, but I do know it was proposed.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

probably they will file under the civil rights act - An illegal family where i live - lied to the landlord about the three kids- so they move into a two bedroom wit 3 adults and 3 kids- 3 loud screaming kids
    so they get evicted - and the illegal who can barely speak english - says you are Discrimating ---
    they move across the street to the slum lord there

exactly thelmahopkins. the civil rights act.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Texas the legislature was considering a law that made landlords responsible for the illegal activities that occurred on their properties. I don't know if that became law, but I do know it was proposed.
    I've seen reference to this. I don't think it's fair. If we have to rent our house here, we will do it through a property manager. If they rent my house to an illegal or to someone making meth, why should I take the blame? Yet if we leave it vacant, it will be broken into by gang members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12