Legal status or citizenship?
Has those who want to give amnesty to the 12-20 million illegals here ever ask them if they want legal status, the right to be here, go to school and work, and go home at some time or do they want citizenship and to give up their Mexican citizenship?
If it were me, I would go for the legal status and keep my Mexican citizenship, for my self and my children and I would make sure that my American born children get Mexican citizenship also. Because I believe the day will come when illegal aliens will want to go back to Mexico and only Mexican citizens will be allowed in.
I believe that day will happen sooner than later.

Mexican children cross border to go to school
Their trek to El Paso is common, but some call students costly
By SARAH VIREN
Copyright 2007

For the past two years, Rachel Ortiz's commute to her El Paso school has begun each morning in Mexico.As the sun rises over that side of the Rio Grande, the first-grader follows her father from their cinder-block home through the streets of Ciudad Juarez.

Aaron Ortiz holds his 6-year-old's pink backpack and later her hand. At the border they funnel onto the pedestrian bridge alongside dozens of other children with backpacks holding parents' hands. Then they are on the other side, saying goodbye at the gates of Vilas Elementary, where breakfast is served free and special classes are offered for English-language learners.

SEE;

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 58501.html