I have not run a national campaign to pass legislation but have been involved in many issues at the state level. Forgive me if the process I am describing is already on the board. I am a newcomer to the site and could not find it.

We usually try to assign a captain from every county and that person becomes responsible for reporting a response from their legislators. The captain can appoint as many helpers as needed, but they report back to him. In this case, of course, we would have a contact from every state.

We do have some members of congress who have pledged to vote against the legislation and if we can identify them, then we can stop harassing them and concentrate our efforts on (first) those who are undecided and (next) those who are supporting it. Of course, we always need to continue to express our support for those who are with us, and also stay in touch to make sure they don’t waver.

We need to have a list with every congressperson’s name and an indication of where they stand so we can determine how to deal with them.

I don’t know who has taken the lead in this effort. If this information is posted elsewhere, please inform me with a link.