Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, this is one fairly devoted tree-hugger that has already been involved for a long-long time. Going back to or even before the days of when alt.politics.immigration, Glen Spencer, and American Patrol were about the only places to get any indication that there was even an immigration issue to talk about. Although, I don't remember the people-pollution term.

What happened in general to the more professional tree-hugger groups is that they got PCamized along with everybody else; like, for example, the Sierra Club that was originally opposed to illegal immigration and excessive immigration in general. The Sierra Club thought they needed diversity, so they went out and found diversity, the diversity told them that if they didn't drop their stance against immigration, then the diversity would resign and go out and scream that the Sierra Club was racist, so the Sierra Club changed their position to say that population growth was a world wide problem - and not a U.S. problem that they should be concerned about and therefore immigration was no longer an issue. Later they got bribed/threatened by a rich recent immigrant donor to either keep quiet about immigration or no more donations.

But, the idea of forming alliances wherever possible is really a good idea -- it might even help us keep the country a little longer before being voted out by the new tribe. Also, it's a good idea to try not to put too much emphasis on secondary issues. It seems that there is a tendency for those of us wanting immigration enforcement and controls to eat our own every so often. I've seen more than one group that really seemed to be gaining momemtum and getting somewhere in accomplishing something just disintegrate because of minor personality conflicts -- not even issue conflicts.

Here's a couple of groups that stayed with the agenda and they do (or used to) have some good information if you look around the sites some. I've gotten fairly informative and useful printed reports in the mail from them. They do support a total immigration moratorium and in my opinion spend too much energy being critical of organizations like NumbersUSA that don't go quite that far.

http://www.carryingcapacity.org/

http://www.balance.org/

I don't know for sure, but I think they may be essentially the same organization.

I was born in the 50`s, My parents had 3 kids,I`m next to the oldest. My parents devorced, My mother remarried and had 3 more, my Dad remarried and had 7 more, my Dad devorced his second wife, remarried and had 1 more. So full, step and half brothers and sisters, 14.
    ------------------------

Thanks BlueHills.

You explained much of what I sort of implied in my earlier comments. Much of that I knew, but didn't say. I am surrounded by the prevailing pro-PC, pro-environmental point of view (which I am generally sympathetic to, BTW) where I live (OR) - so I do know what you are talking about.

I agree on both your main points - that many (most?) environmental groups have been self-censoring out of the prevailing PC mindset... and, that there is a need to establish ties to other commonly focused organizations and maybe even in unconventional ways (even with all the caution that is needed to navigate that process). Anyway, I really appreciated the comments.

mk: You must have a large and interesting family, yes?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bowman wrote:
    Unfortunately, the Globalists are way ahead of you. A Wall Street fund manager named David Gelbaum bought off the Sierra Club with a $100 million "donation". In return the Sierra Club stopped talking about limiting US immigration or population growth.
    The only time you hear about the Sierra Club anymore is were they file a law suit against a City, County or State for "lack of" or insufficient "Enviromental Impact Report" on a "Public Interest" project being built, such as a freeway or some type of industrial park.

I was a paid member until they lost focus on the main issues of this Country and started using Law firms to handle everything.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    ***enviromentalists***groan....................... ....nowadays the proper term would be "envirofreaks".

I am all for taking care of what God made, being responsible with what we have, and all that good stuff.

Let me tell a short, as possible, story about recycling.

My grandmother was born in 1910. Her father left her mother with two little girls in 1914 (practically unheard of then). Her mother remarried a wheat farmer in Eastern Washington. They were penny pinchers, savers, nothing was wasted. Then my grandmother came to age and married during the depression years. She lived as many women learned to in those years, NOTHING was thrown away.

End of the week, you rolled your newspapers into "kindling", or you lined a new wall with it for insulation, you could use it to make paper mache Christmas ornaments with, etc..... then there were the foam egg and meat trays, they were washed and saved. She used those for paints, jewelry, saving pretty pebbles and shells in (for the kids), keeping tiny kitchen items in the drawer in, the meat trays were cut out to make decorated frames with for photos (gifts at Christmas).

Everything was used till it disinigrated! This was a long time ago, long before these people who like to think they are the first to think of being good stewards of the earth was thought up by them. This was a generation that had learned to live with little and make use of everything. My own father (her son) would just about ring our necks if he caught us littering. Unless your shoes were making the "squish" sound from rain getting in, you did not get new ones. Jeans that had holes were patched (fortunately it was the 70's!!).

None of this way of living was for any other reason that to be good stewards with our money and to have mutual respect for nature, so everyone else could enjoy it the way God had made it, clean.

It is not that I do not have respect for people who believe in living minimally and recycling, I just get irritated that they have this mentallity that they are the first generation to care, they're not. However, these are sometimes the same people I see with their brand new vehicles, with all sorts of feel good bumpers stickers, driving away from Starbucks. Hard to take them seriously. Folks in their 60's, 70's, 80's and up, I take them seriously, we have a LOT to learn from their generations, not from the enviroyuppies.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Liz, we lived just about the same (50`s & 60`s).
    My home town in Mich, is still the same except there is maybe 10 new(er) commercial businesses at the south end of Main St.
    Back then littering was no problem because stores were`nt scattered all over creation to were trash could be accumulation everywhere. Also back the people had incinerators or barrels to burn trash in and used the ashes for fertilizer.
    Like you said, everything was put to use.
    ------------------------

Unfortunately, the Globalists are way ahead of you. A Wall Street fund manager named David Gelbaum bought off the Sierra Club with a $100 million "donation". In return the Sierra Club stopped talking about limiting US immigration or population growth.
    Hmmm, I wonder how much our democratic congress people are getting from the lobbyists that Mexico hired to not talk against illegal immigration? Question, can the democrats save their souls?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Hmmm, I wonder how much our democratic congress people are getting from the lobbyists that Mexico hired to not talk against illegal immigration? Question, can the democrats save their souls?
    only if they convert to rebublicans.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    mkfarnam, it is amazing to me that many of the people in my generation (I was a teen in the early 80's) were not raised the same. Most grew up spending their days playing Atari and watching TV as well as haning out in town at the local pizza place.

My siblings and I spent half of each summer day berry picking (that was when they allowed kids to pick berries for local farmers) and then we would go home, clean up, and help out at home too (yard work, dishes, laundry). We used the money we made to have the things we wanted and also chipped in for a week long camping trip (went to Yellowstone once).

While many of my counterparts mothers were buying them name brand jeans and shoes, etc..., my mother (and father) was working full time, and I did not get the name brand stuff, only if I earned it myself.

While many of my friends thought my parents were either stingy, or just plain mean, I realized that they were better parents, they gave us more than money could buy, they taught us to work and to appreciate what we did have, and to be creative to find ways to make life better, instead of it being handed to us on a silver platter.

Although I see many Americans being really wasteful and what I see as greedy, I also see it in the illegals too, even more so. I see them littering far more than Americans, buying all sorts of useless junk (oily pictures of Mary on velevet, I guess she was supposed to be crying!). They buy hordes of toys for their kids and video games. At Christmas I see them in the stores, going down the aisles just piling goods into their carts.

I think that if there is one single thing enviromentalists need to be truly worried about, it is the lifestyle of this group, as they are making the most mess of things. But we know they won't as they pile all of their sympathies onto the illegals, who have learned to play on peoples emotions.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So why are we being villified for having the 1.9 children that the cities planned fro when they were built?
    I't not like these undereducated children are going to have a chance at the more skilled robots that they will be up against in the future anyhow.
    Why didn't their parents at least think about the life they are raising them to lead?
    Good God! Pidgeons(the vile birds) can be trained can be trained to pick out bad pills from good and that was in the 1970's you can't tell me mecanical robots of today are't more skilled than that.

And they don't use 1% of the natural resources that a human would.

What are these people thinking when they have their children and let them drop out of school and get pregnant?
    Robots don't pay taxes? Who is going to support this social detritus?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast