Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"when did you stop abusing your spouse"
    This is an old trick question. When someone asks you "when did you stop abusing your spouse? you will most likely answer with "I have never abused my spouse". The person who asked the question will then interrupt you as soon as you say "I have never" and then claim that you admit that you have never stopped abusing your spouse! This trick question was commonly used many years ago during dirty (mud slinging) political races.
    This type of trick question was recently used by a poster on another board. The thread topic was on the increasing number of US troop casualties in Iraq with an "anti war" poster saying "We are winning" in a sarcastic manor. A "pro war" poster then asked "anti war" if he or she "wanted the US to lose the war, yes or no?".
    If the "anti war" poster answers with a "yes" the "pro war" poster can then say that "anti war" wants the US to lose the war . If the "anti" answers "no" then "pro war' can then say that "anti war" wants the US to win the war. The "anti war" poster will look bad with either a "yes" or a "no" answer. This is just an example and not a "pro" or "anti" war statement on my part.
    I am not good at explaining this tricky stuff because I do not try to trick people. However, we must be aware of the tricks of the trade or we will be fooled by those who use them.

How about, " I bet you kick puppies and little children too".

I'm guilty of what William stated as far as my temper getting out of hand, i'll try to tone it down. It's tough watching my country get trampled on by illegals.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Also, we have suddenly had a group of people posting links to White Nationalist websites or links to websites that link to white nationalist websites.

We have torn down those posts and banned over it, but there have been several in a short period of time. Previously, we did not have a problem with this.

Some people may be making honest mistakes on some material, but the chances of that are evaporating quickly.

We think some group may be trying to throw that bogus info up on our site and then take a snapshot so to speak.

Our opposition likes to mix a little truth in their lies.

They will say, "We found 5 links to white nationalist sites on their boards."

What they will not say is "They were taken down in short order and it was our people that put them up in the first place to try and discredit ALIPAC"

We are working on ways to adjust our software so those links cannot be placed on our site at all.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Code:
    We think some group may be trying to throw that bogus info up on our site and then take a snapshot so to speak.
    There were several posts of this nature as well as some offensive comments. This "planting" of offensive and or illegal material is found in more than just forums and blogs as major corporations are targets of this type of attack also. This can be very serious with the various IT laws concerning the "posting" of illegal material and or links. IT security is extremely important today.
    William, I'm going to look into content filter programs that may help combat this problem and I ask that other, more knowledgeable, IT people do the same.
    In the mean time the overworked and under appreciated mods will need to be extra careful in their vigilance. When in doubt, edit. And the senior (more experienced) members here can, of course, help by notifying the mods when they notice this kind of thing. However, the first and most important line of defense in IT security is "us" or the everyday users of this forum. The bottom line is that William and the mods need all of our help in this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12