Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A letter from the border:

Border forts

In El Paso we see up close and personally the results of legal and illegal immigration. Let's look at the basics.

Why do we have a border? It is an imaginary line that defines the edges of one country and its neighbor. As good neighbors, we are supposed to respect that line. We are expected not to intrude and help ourselves to whatever we need ... regardless of the severity of need. We are civilized and we ask first.

If our neighbor agrees, we receive that asked for. Taking, otherwise, we are thieves and criminals subject to penalties.

Our military is supposed to defend us from invaders; yet, our leaders in Washington won't deploy that military to do so. Before they legislate "comprehensive immigration law," they'd better secure the border. Otherwise, it's meaningless.

Thieves and criminals enter disdainfully every day and demand their "rights." Not stopping that only worsens the situation -- hopelessly so.

Mexico won't even consider my application for citizenship there. I asked first!

They encourage invaders to break U.S. laws and criticize any resistance from Americans. That is not the behavior of a friend and neighbor.

Reopen the forts along the border. Forget Iraq, G.W.

Herbert Myers
    West El Paso
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Re: A letter from the border:

Quote Originally Posted by vegasvic
    Before they legislate "comprehensive immigration law," they'd better secure the border. Otherwise, it's meaningless.
    That's what I've been saying since I jumped in on the "debate".