Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JRB

Letter From Congressman Wu regarding Dream Act

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to H.R. 1275, the American Dream Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
    The American Dream Act was introduced by Representative Howard Berman (CA) on March 1, 2007. As you know, this bill repeals the provision prohibiting an undocumented alien's eligibility for higher education benefits based on state residence. It also amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to cancel the removal of, and adjust to permanent resident status, certain alien middle or secondary students with qualifying years of U.S. residency, making such aliens eligible for Federal and State higher education assistance while their application for cancellation of removal is pending. On June 5, 2007, H.R. 1275 was referred to the House Subcommittee on Higher Education, Lifelong Learning, and Competitiveness, where it awaits further action.

You may be interested to know that there have been several bills introduced in state legislatures that have proposed giving illegal aliens access to an in-state tuition break. Texas, California, and Utah already have laws mandating in-state tuition for aliens who have spent a designated amount of time in the state. Supporters of this policy argue that such laws are necessary so that young, talented immigrants who aspire to higher education and are excelling in school aren't punished for the mistakes their parents made. Opponents of this policy feel that such laws will encourage more illegal immigration and will give an unfair break to those who are not in the country legally.

Unfortunately, you and I disagree on this issue. I believe that it is unfair to expect children to suffer the mistakes of their parents. Many of the immigrants who will take advantage of this bill are individuals who have lived in the United States most of their lives, are bright students, upstanding members of the community, and through no fault of their own, are undocumented. I believe that every child, irrespective of the acts of his or her parents, deserves a chance to succeed.

Thank you again for writing to me on this issue. If you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at 503-326-2901 or 800-422-4003.

With warm regards,

David Wu
    Member of Congress

You know the thing that kills me is how he doesn't mind spending our money to finance this Dream Farce. Its ok for me to pay 30 to 40K in taxes and we dont get a say in this? How about the rights of my Sons & Daughters? Oh yeah, they were born here so they dont get rights, except the rights to pay for the wo's of the rest of the world. Wu=NO at the Poles.

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=670

A solid "D-" to ABI.

Oh, for those interested, the rankings of US Reps for OR (in order) are:

Walden (R) B+
    DeFazio (D) B
    Hooley (D) C
    Wu and Blumenauer (both D) D-
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Phred, I think WU should have an F-
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSAD, yeah, me too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the response I received back from Senator Feinstein. This email was sent to her from an imbedded email list. I think it was even from Alipac site. As you can read from her response, she refused to read it. I had to resend email from my own email box. Just how many others are not reading these emails that are imbedded?

Dear Mrs. [Mod Edit]:

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your e-mail and welcome the opportunity to correspond with my constituents.

Unfortunately, due to the volume of mail I receive, I cannot respond individually to messages sent from third parties or websites other than my official Senate website. If you wish to send a personalized message via the internet, please use the e-mail form on my website: http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/inde ... Us.EmailMe. Please know that my staff will tally your input today.

If you prefer to fax your concerns to me, you can send them to my Washington office at (202) 228-3954. You can also call my Washington office or one of my California offices to share your thoughts with me:

Washington, DC: (202) 224-3841

San Francisco: (415) 393-0707

Fresno: (559) 485-7430

Los Angeles: (310) 914-7300

San Diego: (619) 231-9712

Again, thank you for e-mailing me. Please know that every time you write a letter, send an e-mail or fax, or call my office, your concerns are taken into account. I appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope to hear from you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/inde ... nup.Signup.

JRB
    Everytime I read this Email I get more pissed!!! His blatent disregard for the Opposition as he calls it. That would be the people who are paying his salary, you know, the opposition. I am going to write him again and ask him about my kids rights and how he's looking out for them. Im sure he has a blanket Email like the one I posted here to cover any opposition I may have. Sounds like we have some Congressmen and Senators that need to be deported along with the rest of the Illegals.

This means don't ask me any questions, I do what I want, but oh don't forget to vote for me.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Re: Letter From Congressman Wu regarding Dream Act

Quote Originally Posted by JRB
    Unfortunately, you and I disagree on this issue. I believe that it is unfair to expect children to suffer the mistakes of their parents. Many of the immigrants who will take advantage of this bill are individuals who have lived in the United States most of their lives, are bright students, upstanding members of the community, and through no fault of their own, are undocumented. I believe that every child, irrespective of the acts of his or her parents, deserves a chance to succeed.
    This makes me puke. They are not children, they are adults!! As adults, IT IS THEIR FAULT for staying here illegally. The "bright students" are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the slackers who will also get amnesty. The bright students he talks about can return to their country of origin and apply to enter legally, the DREAM act is not needed for them, it only rewards the slackers!

One last thing, the Dream act discriminates based on origin, so Wu is a bigot who favors Latin Americans over non-Latin Americans (including Asians).

Truthfully this is something I would be willing to compromise on if they had seriously enacted deportation on the other 32 million illegal immigrants. I can sympathise with some of those 300k illegal aliens who might not even know their native countries language and speak English as well as I do.

But since they never seriously tried to deport those 32 million illegal aliens we can't allow the foot in the door, also known as incrementalism, to take effect. Give an inch and they'll be asking for more inches until you end up giving up the whole enchalada. Thus it is smarter to play hardliner, at least until serious efforts have closed the borders and removed at least 80+% of the illegal aliens currently on our shores. Surely AFTER that has happened one can then think about being compassionate and not expecting perfection on deporting them all. But that won't happen, shouldn't happen, until after they actually done what they should've done years ago.

This is what I don't understand, IF they were doing this for the "chidren" and did NOT want to reward the bad behaviour of their parents, whey do they allow these children to SPONSOR others for Amnesty.

THEY SHOULD STOP THAT!!

NO SPONSORSHIP. That WU person says, "they shouldn't suffer the bad behaviour of their parents.." YET -- by proxy those BAD PARENTS receive amnesty by being SPONSORED..

Are these people dumb or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast