Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Sen. Barbara Boxer

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of illegal immigrants who enter our country each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state. We must greatly increase our efforts to secure our borders. To this end, I voted for the Secure Fence Act (H.R.6061), which passed Congress and was signed into law by President Bush on October 26, 2006. This legislation authorizes the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southwestern U.S. border and provides for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents.

I am also committed to making our nation more secure by eliminating tunnels that provide a direct passageway into the United States for illegal narcotics, banned weapons, potential terrorists, and others who would be stopped at a port of entry. I co-sponsored a bill that would enact stiff penalties for the unauthorized construction of such tunnels.

The federal government has an obligation to help states bear the financial costs associated with illegal immigration. I am a co-sponsor of S.188, a bill to authorize funds for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants. This legislation passed the Senate on May 23, 2005.

Following the House of Representative's passage of an enforcement-only bill in December 2005, the Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act (S.2611) on May 25, 2006. Rather than sending

both of these bills to the House-Senate Conference Committee, where their differences would be reconciled, both Chambers of Congress have instead held public hearings around the country. Please rest assured that I will continue to monitor these bills closely, and I will keep your views in mind should I have the opportunity to consider similar legislation in the future.

Thank you again for writing to me.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

MW
    To this end, I voted for the Secure Fence Act (H.R.6061), which passed Congress and was signed into law by President Bush on October 26, 2006. This legislation authorizes the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southwestern U.S. border and provides for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents.
    Give me a break! I would bet my bottom dollar Sen. Boxer did not want to sign H.R. 6061. She feared the wrath of the American voter, but of course she'll never admit that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree! Boxer is well-known out here to have a liberal agenda. She only voted that way just before the mid-terms. Her record speaks an entirely different point of view. BUT, we have to keep the pressure on.

I was taken aback when I read the letter.

I know that when dealing with politicians
    who are famous for their wide open liberal
    views you have to be thinking...hmmmm!