Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Letter from Sen. Gordon Smith (reply)

Here is a recent letter that I received from Gordon Smiths office, it outlines what he says he has done and voted for. Now I have to be honest I have not sat down and read the whole copy of S. 2611, so what I would like, if for someone here who has, tell me if he is being honest or trying to play that he is doing the right thing.

My email to him had been quite pointed and I told him that if he did not get on the ball and start voting to protect America and to represent the people who put him in his job, Oregonians, that I would make it my personal business to get him voted out.

Here is his response:

Dear Mrs. (name deleted),

Recently, the Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611). This legislation addressed four major issues: border security, interior enforcement, guest workers, and the illegal immigrants now in the country. I believe that we cannot continue to absorb the flow of illegal immigrants, many of whom benefit from government services that American citizens and companies provide. Reform is necessary and our borders must be tightened. Anyone who wants to come to live or work in the United States must abide by our laws while paying taxes and learning the English language.

During the Senates debate on S. 2611 I voted for numerous amendments that would strengthen our border while preventing illegal aliens from receiving benefits for breaking our laws. I voted to make English our official language and require hundreds of miles of improved fencing and vehicle barriers along the border. I also supported an amendment that would prevent any guest worker program from going into effect until all required border security enhancements are completed. Finally, I supported an amendment that wold prevent illegal aliens from receiving Social Security benefits based on their unauthorized work history.

The United States' economy is the envy of the world and the opportunities here attract millions of workers from all over the world. Many of these workers contribute greatly to the economy, particularly in the high tech and agricultural sectors. While I voted for the creation of a limited guest worker program to keep our economy growing, I continue to oppose broad amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Our national security depends on secure borders. The same security gaps that allow illegal immigrants to cross our border also provide opportunities for terrorists. I beleive closing these gaps should be one of our highest priorities. S. 2611 will authorize the Department of Homeland Security to build a "virtual fence" that will allow the border to be patrolled with anmanned aricraft, cameras, sensors and other technology.

S. 2611 is currently under final negotiation by the House and Senate. Rest assured, I will bear your concerns in mind as this legislation comes before the Senate for a final vote.

You mean the concerns about your job?(my statement)

Warm Regards, Gordon H. Smith, United States Senate
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth:

Don't know if you're aware of the following, but I'll include these for your benefit and others here in the State:

(Oregonians For Immigration Reform - : http://www.oregonir.org

And.... http://www.deportgordonsmith.com/ (courtesy of the OFIR group; link is included in OFIR main web page)

(You can go sign the petition there as well - if you like).

Good Weekend.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth;
    He is doing the political thing, lying through his teeth to save his but. He voted for the bill Period. He and Wyden both voted for sb2611 and that in my opinion is enough said. Write him back and ask him strait up no BS did you vote for Sb2611? If he tells you no he is lying through his teeth. To bad he is not up for re-election till 2008. He owns Smith frozen foods and is an elitist.

Here is a link.

http://nwrepublican.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... ernor.html

You will see they call it like it is. Voted yes on 2611. Bottom line the ass needs to go back to Smith frozen foods and represent his illegal friend in their home countries.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yeah I know about OFIR. Went to the downtown protest at the Mexican Consulate in April.

As well, this is about my.....well too many to remeber letters to Smith along with Wyden, he is probably REALLY getting tired of me and my letters, faxes and emails, GOOD!!

At the very least he has started to change his stance to the right finally, well to a better degree than what it had been before.

Wyden, he is a lost cause.

VOTE SAXTON!!!!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)