Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

kev

A letter from Texas Senator JOHN CORNYN

A couple of weeks ago I contacted Texas Senator JOHN CORNYN about all this immigration stuff, here is his reply.

Dear Mr. (edited out my name):

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. The need to fix our broken system is clear, and the Senate is currently debating several proposals regarding one of the most important issues in recent memory.

Last July, as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security, Immigration, and Citizenship, I worked closely with Arizona Senator Jon Kyl to formulate the Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 (S. 143. This legislation does not provide amnesty and includes provisions to strengthen border security, ensure jobsite enforcement, and sensibly handle the undocumented population currently living within our borders. It is based on both the rule of law and the fundamental American principle of fairness.

The truth is that we have not devoted the funds, resources, or manpower required to fully enforce our immigration laws or protect our borders. S. 1438 would authorize additional Customs and Border Protection officers as well as funding for technological advances including cameras, sensors, and unmanned aerial vehicles. This legislation also calls for the expansion of Expedited Removal program, which allows the Department of Homeland Security to more quickly remove aliens who are ineligible to enter the country.

We must also strengthen interior enforcement and ensure that criminal aliens are identified and deported. This legislation authorizes additional detention beds and expands a program that identifies criminal aliens while they are still serving time in state and local jails. It also authorizes funds to reimburse states for the costs they incur because of criminal illegal aliens.

The most important step toward reducing illegal immigration is the development of a more effective system for verifying work authorization. If a merchant can swipe a card to determine whether a credit card number is valid, certainly the federal government can develop a system that allows employers to verify whether a new hire is authorized to work.

Enforcement alone will not work; we must also create better avenues for legal immigration. Our legislation creates a new temporary visa category that allows foreign workers to enter the country for a short period of time and then requires them to return home. It creates financial incentives for circular migration—including a temporary worker investment fund that vests only when the worker returns to his or her home country.

Finally, this legislation creates a fair and reasonable process to transition the current undocumented worker population back into the legal flow of immigrants. It requires those who entered illegally to depart the United States and re-enter through normal, legal channels. Only then may they return as temporary workers. All we ask is that they enter legally.

Critics allege that our proposal will strand workers outside the United States and disrupt the economy and workforce. I disagree, and I'm committed to ensuring that our proposal allows for a smooth transition.

Immigration reform ultimately must be about improving legal immigration, not about creating a new process that benefits only illegal aliens. Although we are a nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. If all immigrants must abide by the rule of law and are treated equally, then we can reach a consensus on ways to improve the legal process so that it meets the needs of society, the economy, and our national security.

Unfortunately, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved an immigration proposal that I did not vote for and cannot support on the Senate floor. This proposal will be offered as a substitute to Majority Leader Bill Frist’s Securing America’s Borders Act (S. 2454). But I will have numerous opportunities to both offer and vote for amendments ensuring that those in our country illegally are not rewarded for their transgressions, provide for future enforcement of border security, and responsibly handle the large population illegally living within our borders.

As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security, Immigration, and Citizenship, I will continue working to curtail illegal immigration and its effects on the State of Texas while ensuring that immigrants following the rule of law have an equal opportunity to realize their potential as they become productive members of our society. To better acquaint you with the reforms I support, I have compiled detailed summaries of S. 1438 and other relevant information at http://cornyn.senate.gov/immigration.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Please sign up for my monthly newsletter at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/newsletter.

Hi Kev,

Well, he hasn't answered my handwritten letters 'cause it's obvious I'm irate. I think his reply is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Every damn one of 'em are illegal. Ohhhh noooo it's not amnesty - never mind it is amnesty and more.

I'll keep getting writer's cramp, so, you know, at least I can say I did my civic duty. Also been writing to CAFTA supporter, Lamar Smith. He says he's opposed to amnesty, but he voted for CAFTA.

John Cornyn and Hillary founded the Friends of India [taxpayer funded] political action committee - to send America's jobs to INDIA!

Thanks, Kev, for posting his letter. Guess we're supposed to feel good after reading it. Yeah.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

At least he didn't vote for 2611...

MJ

my plan

I didn't know that about India!
    My plan is to use him just like he's used us. Our House to put a stop to the immigration bill is priority . Then come electin time I plan on raising money to buy a half page ad in the newspaper telling him why we didn't vote for him again. These people need to know that Americans are fed up with being used and abused by our goverment.
    Americans first!

{John Cornyn and Hillary founded the Friends of India [taxpayer funded] political action committee - to send America's jobs to INDIA!
    We the People. You the Invader

Re: my plan

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    I didn't know that about India!
    My plan is to use him just like he's used us. Our House to put a stop to the immigration bill is priority . Then come electin time I plan on raising money to buy a half page ad in the newspaper telling him why we didn't vote for him again. These people need to know that Americans are fed up with being used and abused by our goverment.
    Americans first!

{John Cornyn and Hillary founded the Friends of India [taxpayer funded] political action committee - to send America's jobs to INDIA!
    Hi Houston,

Facts and details about the House of Representatives "India Caucus," and the senate's powerful "Friends of India" political action committee are here:
    ENTIRE ARTICLE:
    http://www.antioffshore.org/index.php?o ... 9&Itemid=2

Here's a brief extract:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sanchez
    The Friends of India includes 33 members and is chaired by John Cornyn (TX). Other powerful Republicans in this caucus include Bill Frist (TN), Orrin Hatch (UT), and Charles Grassley (IA). Hillary Clinton (NY) is the co-chair and is joined by Democrats such as Thomas Daschle (SD), Paul Sarbanes (MD), Joe Lieberman (CT), and Edward M. Kennedy (MA).16

This bi-partisan Senatorial sellout was a bad omen for American workers but it signaled celebration time in India. Lalit Mansingh, an Indian ambassador, said he was ecstatic over the news that the Senate created the caucus because he now knows that India's influence on Congress has made a huge leap forward.

Special Groups that Cater to India
    India Caucus - Over 180 Congressional Representatives who favor the interests of Indian nationals over the welfare of United States Citizens. Formed in 1994.

Friends of India - The Senate version of the India Caucus. Formed in 2004.
    The India Caucus has helped India become the high-tech sweatshop capital of the world at the expense of jobs in the United States. They grease the wheels so that corporations can outsource jobs to India in order to exploit its cheap labor and slave-like working conditions. Thanks in part to the India Caucus, India has also become the Number One exporter of high-tech workers who are insourced into our country to replace more expensive American workers.
    1. The mission of the India Caucus is to allow more Indian workers to be imported into the United States and to continue the export of American jobs to India. Being a member of the India Caucus, however well intentioned, symbolizes support for the destruction of American jobs and uncontrolled immigration ¯ all of which Tancredo opposes.

2. Members of the India Caucus have the stigma of being puppets of India. ...

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I didn't know this about India either...I do know that so many companies are using Indian techs that I get disgusted and cancel my business with those companies...can't understand half of what the 'techs' say...

Yup, cleaning out the senate and the congress has to be priority number ONE...

MJ

Gotta take care of those voting machines. To my surprise, moveon.org is working on that....moveon.org??? Really???