Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue

Did he say that today about Bush being Fox's lap dog? It's true!

I did hear the comment about "impeaching the President" - wasn't his claim over the Iraq war?

Where did you learn el-creepo isn't legal?
    yep he said it, I thought that Bush was the lapdog ...

he's not a citizen, I had to find it again, I posted it on another post but couldn't find it but here it is:

S.J. marchers back immigrant rights
    SEPARATE GROUPS MERGE ON COMMON GROUND OF DIGNITY
    By Mary Anne Ostrom
    Mercury News

About 5,000 marchers opposed to crackdowns on illegal immigrants swelled downtown San Jose streets on Saturday, the largest Bay Area protest yet denouncing federal legislation that would make felons out of illegal immigrants.

The march, which forced the closure of some traffic lanes, grew spontaneously from an East San Jose rally to a three-mile-long walk, and was among dozens held in recent days around the country to demonstrate against immigration-reform legislation pending in Congress.

U.S. Rep. Mike Honda, who had gathered at Cesar Chavez plaza with other local politicians for a separate event commemorating Chavez's March 31 birthday, said he was thrilled to see so many marchers.

``They're paying attention,'' said Honda, D-Campbell, who opposes the felon legislation, as he sized up the crowd from the stage. ``It's a bad deal. This country has always liked to scapegoat its immigrants. This is 2006, and we still haven't learned. We're still scapegoating.''

Protests were also held Saturday in Los Angeles, where more than 500,000 marched in front of City Hall, and San Francisco, where 20 immigrant rights advocates began their fifth day of a hunger strike in front of the Federal Building. Wearing white as a sign of peace, and waving flags from the United States, Mexico, Guatemala and other countries, they said they came to show that illegal immigrants already are part of the American fabric and want the chance to be legal, law-abiding citizens.

Police Cmdr. Louis Gray Jr., incident commander for the Los Angeles rally, said, ``I've been on the force 38 years, and I've never seen a rally this big.''

San Jose protesters aimed their ire most directly at H.R. 4437, a bill that would criminalize illegal immigrants and increase penalties against their employers. It passed the House in December and debate in the Senate is scheduled to begin this week.

Other proposals, ranging from building a fence at the border to making citizenship easier for guest workers, have reinvigorated the debate nationally and locally over the fate of the nation's estimated 11 million-plus illegal immigrants, roughly one quarter of whom live in California.

Many of Saturday's marchers waved American and Mexican flags and carried posters with messages such as ``We are not criminals'' and ``We pay taxes, too.''

They were met near San Jose City Hall by a separate, much smaller group, whose members carried United Farm Workers flags and were participating in the 13th annual march in honor of UFW founder Chavez's birthday.

``If Cesar was here, he would be marching in support of inclusiveness and against this legislation,'' said Rudy Medina, Chavez's nephew.

Police were forced to close westbound lanes of East Santa Clara Street for the blocks leading to downtown. The two groups ended up at Plaza de Cesar Chavez, where they held separate rallies and milled about at a Chavez birthday festival, which continues today.

Although the anti-immigration reform march had been advertised on local Spanish-language radio stations and was spread by word of mouth for days, its organizers and San Jose police said they were surprised by the large turnout.

Several marchers interviewed said they were in the U.S. legally, holding jobs such as construction workers and printers, and wanted laws changed to ease the road to citizenship.

Among them were Javier Rodriguez and his son, also, Javier.

``I love this country,'' said Javier Rodriguez, who works legally as a printer and marched with his 11-year-old son, Javier.

He hopes to become a citizen.

``We are not criminals. We come here to get jobs so we can make money,'' added the younger Javier, a fifth-grader at Slonaker Elementary School.

To deal with the unexpected crowd, a San Jose police spokeswoman said between 30 and 40 officers who had not been scheduled to work were called in for traffic and crowd control. She said no incidents were reported.

Police Chief Rob Davis, who participated in the Chavez birthday march, helped direct traffic himself at one point.

Organizers said media coverage of huge Friday protests elsewhere likely galvanized the largely immigrant crowd, which had gathered in front of Mi Pueblo Foods, at King and Story roads, for a rally.

``Someone held up a Mexican flag, and people started marching behind it,'' said Chris Lepe, a volunteer organizer.

San Jose Vice Mayor Cindy Chavez, who spoke at the Chavez event and is no relation, said she and three of her council colleagues on Tuesday will introduce a resolution asking the local congressional delegation to oppose some of the reform legislation.

Chavez said she fears some of the proposals could force city employees to take on federal immigration roles, such as identifying illegal immigrants.

Ian Meyer, of San Jose, however, said he views illegal immigration as a problem. ``Everyone should be given a chance to work, but not if they are here illegally.''

But other bystanders said they sympathized with the marchers. ``We Americans have become lazy and greedy,'' said Corrina Rangle, a San Jose preschool teacher. ``Who is out cutting the grass when it gets tall, working in fast-food restaurants? We don't want to do the work, and they are hard workers.''

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 191424.htm

_____

for somebody that "hopes" to become a citizen, he sure is DEMANDING.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

He is not a citizen of the US he is just like the rest of the illegals demanding rights that he is not entitled to. When I see this guy on I just change the channel as I am not even going to waste my time listening to the crap this guy spews.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought he was just arrogant and stupid, but this man has more nerve than a pick pocket in church to stand before the AMERICAN PEOPLE and make demands of THEIR government. Under the laws of the United States he is not even eligible for citizenship. Clearly, this man has no desire to be an American citizen and take an oath of allegiance renouncing any foreign power -- that's why he wants amnesty and legalization, there's no oath of allegiance
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

What is he here on a work visa or what? I would certainly hope he is not illegal and going on national TV and spewing his crap.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If he is not a US citizen, I think we should call for his immediate removal from this country. Is there any way to find out for sure?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    If he is not a US citizen, I think we should call for his immediate removal from this country. Is there any way to find out for sure?
    in the article he said he "hopes" to become a citizen and his son said "We are not criminals. We come here to get jobs so we can make money'

if these people were from the middle east they would not be on tv

see my post http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-25275.html

Juan Hernandez is a 'dual citizen' of Mexico and the United States ... he was on the Mexican cabinet ....

we need the 13th amendment ratified

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12