Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Licensing Illegal Aliens?

Licensing Illegal Aliens?
    By: Editorial Board

The contretemps over Governor Spitzer’s plan to allow illegal aliens to get driver’s licenses in New York State – by no longer requiring applicants for licenses to present a Social Security number or a letter from the Social Security Administration that the applicant, though ineligible to work, was here legally – continues to roil Albany and seems to have displaced Troopergate as the discussion topic of choice.

We were initially drawn to the issue as part of our general dismay over the growing lack of civility in the public discourse. As we noted in an Oct. 12 editorial titled “Political Nasty Season,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There's no sign yet that this Governor will listen to the voices of reason on this.He seems determined to reward illegal behavior no matter how the citizens of New York feel about it.

You know, if we are going to go all level headed and reasonable about this, I have a question that I haven't seen addresses anywhere yet. Granted I may have just missed it, but...

If the DMV is going to be made to hand out licenses/IDs all willy nilly to illegal aliens based on whatever paperwork they present or, and this is what gets me, their assurance that the information presented in correct, is this not going to bring on a slew of fake IDs/licenses for minors that want to have legal ID stating that they have reached majority for the purpose of engaging in activities illegal for minors?

Serious question. If the information that the ID is based on is pretty much nothing but "good faith" information there is unbelievable amounts of room left for this abuse.
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.

Bloomberg has come out against it, now. Every little bit helps.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!