Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Idea

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Little Idea

I've been thinking today (it happens every now and then! ) and I have thought about something.

Although we are and have GOOD reason to be skeptical about all of this illegal immigration crackdown, maybe we should try to give President Bush a little bit more support for at least the actions that he has taken, as a result of our efforts.

We will SOON know whether this is just a ploy to put his agenda back on the table.....but maybe, just maybe he is trying to see things our way.....or at least meet us somewhere along the path to fixing all of this.

My suggestion is that we should try to hold ourselves to the highest of standards, and although we need to discuss this openly, we can discuss it without calling him every name in the book.

Although I doubt that he reads what we say, I'm sure that someone monitors our opinion and reactions to this supposed crackdown. It wouldn't hurt to let them see that we do appreciate this, but that we certainly are concerned that hidden agendas may exist.

Well, it's just a thought. Today, I just thought about how we could make ourselves look when something right takes place, President Bush does something that we've worked hard for and then we STILL go on a rampage with him.

My suggestion is that we stay vigilant, discuss our concerns openly, but maybe try to tone down a little on our verbal attacks and stay positive while cautious.

I know that some people will disagree, but maybe some will agree. Let's just remember that if we hold ourselves to the highest of standards, we will continue to get the greatest support from all directions and sources.

Many people out there would probably say.....how about being a little grateful for a change. I think we should be grateful.....this is better than nothing as Roy Beck from NumbersUSA said.

I think we should encourage President Bush at this time, not discourage him....yet still express that we are quite concerned about where he is heading from here.

It was just a thought. If he sees that we are not in the least bit appreciative then he might give up.....especially if the going gets rough and illegals start rising up.

We need to give him support, otherwise he may stop trying all together and we will go back to where we were, which was a LOT worse off than where we are at this moment in time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In Nevada...the first time Ensign voted for the American people, I sent him an e-mail telling him how proud I was of him for listening.to the American people...
    I was just thinking that it would be really nice if all of us sent a little e-mail telling the President that we appreciated his efforts in listening to the American people....
    He is probably get so many HATE e-mails...that it would be good if we bombarded him with sweet ones...
    Everyone willing?
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If his poll numbers jump dramatically, then he will see that this is the necessary and right step. I certainly expect to see that jump.

Although I understand your thinking I have nothing but contempt for our Dictator and it is not only immigration but all the other sneaky things he is doing.There is NO WAY I would thank him when is working hard to destroy our democracy anyway he can.

I watched Bill Moyers on PBS last night.His 2 guest were Washington lawyers who said it is imparative we Impeach Bush and Chaney.They said if he is allowed to get away with thumbing his nose at our laws we are inviting the next President to do the same.

They also said our congress is apathetic and not protecting the american people.They said americans "gets it" but congress does not and don't even understand our constitution !!.They think Nancy Pelosi needs some strong encouragement to proceed with Impeachment hearings.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I'm with you USPatriot.

I actually think that this is a sly trick to get his approval rating up.

Don't forget:

He's member of Skull and Bones

Trickery is their master game.

Don't take one eye off this guy or let up one inch. Then boom amnesty!

I don't trust Bush. To go from a desperate desire to legalize all the illegals, to suddenly enforcing immigration laws....well, it's suspect, at the least.

He's up to something, And whatever it is will reveal itself soon enough.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I watched Bill Moyers on PBS last night.His 2 guest were Washington lawyers who said it is imparative we Impeach Bush and Chaney.They said if he is allowed to get away with thumbing his nose at our laws we are inviting the next President to do the same.

I wish Bush would get tough on terrorists. That includes Muslim sleeper cells, Latino gang murderers, and Irish financial crooks, too. I say that as one who does get stopped frequently at the airport check in. That doesn't bother me in the least, and if the Feds need to drop in on conversation, profile suspects, infiltrate groups, or whatever, I'm for it. That one particular liar (on the Moyers Program) with the squeaky voice should just jump in a lake. Politics is getting disgusting. I certainly did not support the Republicans usage of the impeachment strategy against Pres. Clinton and I don't support any Democrats attempting the same against Bush. This country needs to get past that.

Bill Moyers sometimes has a liberal bent I don't like, but t least he was not quick to join in this particular feeding frenzy.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I liked the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more I'm getting the feeling that we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. If we start bombarding him with thank-yous, and his numbers start going up, people will start thinking he's actually doing something right, and side with him. I want to get those people who are "on the fence" so to speak, on our side, and not push them over to him, just because his numbers rose.

Numbers can play a major role in getting Americans off their butts. When numbers are up, Americans are all right, it's only when his numbers are down, that people want to know why, and are willing to get involved. That's when we need to work harder than ever to get people over here to see the truth behind the mirrors.

I say he doesn't need my thank you. He ought to thank US for not impeaching him.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

I think I've walked a mile in everyone's feelings here, after reading them!

Well, I just thought about this today, and as I said although I'm extremely skeptical, I just feel for me that it's right to express some appreciation for the fact that he did this.

However, he should have always done this and it is like thanking your children for doing their homework. But nonetheless, I still think that I will express approval and appreciation for this step.

Personally, illegal immigration has been my major objection with President Bush, I've never been someone who has an overall dislike for him, although it would be hard to tell that because of how angry I've been over illegal immigration.

But I do think there are a significant number of people in our country, who feel the way I do and who might like to cautiously express approval at this time.

Anyway, we're all doing the best that we can and that's the most important factor.

JAK
    This man cannot be trusted. He definately has something going on behind the scenes. He is just trying to point our view in one direction while he is stabbing us in the back in another. This man does not deserve any credit of any kind...and the sooner all Americans realize that the better off we will be! ... at least in my opinion!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast