Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've been reading like crazy this morning, and my brain has it all jumbled together, so I can't give a proper quote. But I saw a statistic that said that with the way our election system is run, usually only 32% of the eligible voters actually vote for the winner. And, only half of those actually vote for a candidate. The rest of them are just voting against something or somebody.

Never again.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Yep, I recently heard that Ron Paul was actually supporting all third party candidates to include Cynthia McKinny. I think we all remember Cynthia McKinny, don't we?
    You know, I will agree with the best of them that Cynthia McKinny was a fool, except that she actually wanted to impeach George W. Bush. I have to admit that she had a stroke of brillance lost to most others.

I will also be voting for Chuck Baldwin, simply because I cannot vote for John McCain even if he had me running as Vice President. I really like what I have heard from and about Sarah Palin with the one exception - she chose to be McCain's running mate.

[quote="Dianne"

I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER pull the lever for amnesty. I am voting for Chuck Baldwin.[/quote]

Me too. I just signed up to make a small monthly donation to his campaign too. I know it's not enough to make a difference, but at least I know I did what I could.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

GaPatriot said:

I really like what I have heard from and about Sarah Palin with the one exception - she chose to be McCain's running mate.

I absolutely agree with you and said the same thing to my husband last night. If this lady were really honest and true to her conservative beliefs, she would have told John McCain to go to hell rather than allow that nutcase to use her to win an election.

MW
    Whatever MW. I need to continue ignoring your posts like I had been.
    Just because you don't agree with my posts or comments does not mean we need to make rude comments to each other. While we may not all agree on everything, we're in this war together.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

chuck baldwin and ronnie paul and barr and ross perot cannot win so vote for them and feel good but nobody is going to care and maybe put obama in who may be worse than mccain on immigration.....sorry but continue to beat your head against a wall which is what you are doing by voting for these non entities that will not and cannot win .....your head will give and not the wall...sorry...

Well allipacdude, what advantage does John McCain give us?

If Jesus Christ himself ran for President of the United States, 1/3 of the people would not vote for him because he is not a corrupt Democrat and he is not a corrupt republican.

Don't follow your logic dude... when will we once and for all vote for the RIGHT candidate ?????

MW
    Dianne wrote:

If this lady were really honest and true to her conservative beliefs, she would have told John McCain to go to hell rather than allow that nutcase to use her to win an election.
    IMO, accepting the opportunity to run for the VP position does not mean she is not "true to her conservative beliefs." It is very possible that she believes she can have a positive influence, regardless of who the president is. Palin shouldn't be faulted for accepting this once in a lifetime opportunity. Personally, I think she is exhibiting a lot of self-confidence and initiative. Furthermore, at this early stage of the game, it's impossible to know what's in her heart.

Would you decline a vice-presidency opportunity at a corporation you were working for just because you disagreed with some of the bosses policies and ideas? I sure as hell wouldn't. However, I would attempt to effect positive change once in the new position.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If Jesus Christ himself ran for President of the United States, 1/3 of the people would not vote for him because he is not a corrupt Democrat and he is not a corrupt republican.
    That is the absolute truth.

When people say that a third party candidate can't win, why aren't they angry about that. They are admitting that the two parties have a stranglehold on this country - yet they don't seem to be upset about it

A third party can win, if people would vote for them. If they would realize the so called two parties are the same party.

The Dem/Rep party are one and the same - so any other party is not a third party.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

When people say that a third party candidate can't win, why aren't they angry about that. They are admitting that the two parties have a stranglehold on this country - yet they don't seem to be upset about it
    Not only that, they are playing an active role in ensuring that they will never win. A very important reason why they don't win is the mass acceptance of the perception that they will never win. In fact, I think it is the #1 contributor to it. That is another big reason why I refuse to vote lesser of two evils. Why would I want to partake in a mindset that is fundamentally contributing to the duopoly? Remember, if Baldwin does not win, it is because of people like them.....not because of people like us
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast