Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: LIVE Stream: President-Elect Donald Trump Rally in Mobile, AL 12/17/16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh me, too, GeorgiaPeach! I feel the same way, sharing these Rallies with you and Jean has just been wonderful!!!

I hope they do continue in some way!! They're so great for him to stay in touch with the people, and such a fantastic way for the people to stay in touch with him. Everyone is better off from them.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, it's been fun to help you two out on such threads during these rallies. We all just kind of filled a niche naturally didn't we? Thank you for covering these events Judy and GeorgiaPeach, you began them and I just came along and put icing on the cake. ha!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh Jean, where I'm from there is no cake without the icing!! Your pictures brought the thread to life and the rallies right into our homes. They made us feel like we were there!! I wish I could have gone to one, but I just don't have what it takes to stand in line and wait. I so admire the dear wonderful people who do because they made the election, they really did. Without all those fabulous Trump Supporters, our only memories of this campaign would have been the ugliness, hatefulness, lies and deceptions of the CORRUPT MEDIA, those horrible Anti-Trump People, those disgusting ads Hillary ran against Trump, and those awful Protestors. The Trump Supporters brought the real truth about American Politics and the American People into the campaign and made this election something truly beautiful.

THANK YOU TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7 hours ago
    Thank you Alabama! From now on, it’s going to be #AmericaFirst. Our goal is to bring back that wonderful phrase: #MadeInTheUSA!

From AL.com

President-elect Donald Trump returns to Alabama with thanks at 'where it all began'

President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a rally at the Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016, in Mobile, Ala. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)
    M.D. Keener | mkeener@al.com

By John Sharp | jsharp@al.com
    on December 17, 2016 at 6:56 PM, updated December 17, 2016 at 8:25 PM

President-elect Donald Trump praised Alabama during a speech Saturday at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, the same football field where his then-fledgling presidential campaign was given a much-needed boost during a mega-rally on Aug. 21, 2015.

"There is no better place to celebrate than here," said Trump, during a speech that lasted 63 minutes, excluding brief presentations by his campaign manager Kellyanne Conaway and his U.S. Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions. His campaign spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, was also introduced for the first time by Trump during a post-election "Thank You" rally.

He acknowledged the large crowd that attended the 2015 rally that would become a hallmark for his successful presidential campaign featuring full arenas and rollicking stadiums.

"This is our last rally, our last stop," Trump said. "This is where it all began. I just want to thank the people of Alabama and start by wishing you a very Merry Christmas."

'Campaign speech'

Trump's speech focused heavily on his own recollection of the weeks before and during the Election Night. It was a similar recounting of the election that he's spoken about extensively at the previous post-election rallies.

But the speech didn't introduce any new policies, nor did it lead to the announcement of a new cabinet member or White House staff. Trump also did not acknowledge campaign-related controversy surrounding the White House's recent remarks about Russian hacking.

"It was a campaign speech and I almost expected someone to say 'go out and vote on Tuesday,'" said political strategist Jonathan Gray, who assisted WKRG-TV with its live broadcast of the speech. "To be honest, this was the same speech he has been giving. But this was the homecoming. This is where he started. This was a red meat crowd, he chopped up the Filet Mignon, and put it on the table."

The Alabama themes kicked off with Trump's introduction to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" and continued on during his introduction of Sessions, a Mobile Republican, as his nomination for the next U.S. Attorney General.

"He was the first major endorsement I had," Trump said, referencing Sessions' endorsement of Trump ahead of Alabama's March 1 GOP primary during a rally in Madison. "He's someone I am very proud to call a friend. This is a great honor for the state of Alabama. Remember that."

Trump placed a white ball cap with his campaign's slogan of "Make America Great Again" on Sessions head. It was a similar moment as one that occurred during the August 2015 rally in which Trump placed a red ball cap on Sessions' head.
    Sessions, on Saturday, thanked Mobile city leaders for putting rally together and thanked Trump for giving him a "different role in my life."

"I will give you my best effort ... to serve everyone with equality and justice," said Sessions, in one of the few public appearances he's made since the election. "This country needs hope and they believe (Trump) has an ability to lead us in a new way."
    The speech wasn't only about thanks and praise. Trump continued to levy harsh criticism at the national media in a similar tone that he has taken at other post-election rallies by repeatedly calling journalists "dishonest."

He took a shot at Paul Krugman, the New York Times columnist who the president-elect called "demented."

Trump didn't state Krugman by name, but he did call him a "clown" and criticized a recent Twitter post in which the columnist inferred that the president-elect has an incentive for a terrorist attack similar to 9/11.

Follow

Paul Krugman
    @paulkrugman

Thought: There was (rightly) a cloud of illegitimacy over Bush, dispelled (wrongly) by 9/11. Creates some interesting incentives for Trump
    2:04 PM - 16 Dec 2016

"He's a demented person," Trump said. "That's why the (New York) Times is failing."
    Trump also questioned First Lady Michelle Obama's motives for making comments during an interview with Oprah Winfrey in which she said "we feel the difference now. See, now, we are feeling what not having hope feels like."

Said Trump: "I honestly think she made the statement different than the way it came out. I assume she was talking about the past and not the future. We have tremendous promise and potential. We will be so successful as a country again and we will be amazing."

'Homecoming speech'

Portions of Trump's speech were delivered in a light rainfall, which the president-elect called "good luck" but noted that he "didn't know it rained in Alabama." Mobile, and cities along the Gulf Coast including Pascagoula, Miss., are routinely ranked among the rainiest in the U.S.

But the weather didn't damper spirits from a crowd that was mostly peaceful and energized by a few chants of "Build the wall," "Trump" and "USA."

Trump didn't touch upon much policy during his speech, though he did reiterate his stance on building a wall between the U.S.-Mexican border that will contain doors. He emphasized plans on implementing a 35 percent tariff on companies that move overseas and attempt to sell goods back to the U.S.

In addition, Trump said he plans to help out ailing veterans, though he provided no details. He said that he'll "very soon" name a new head of the Veteran's Administration.
    Focusing on veteran's health care was music to Angela Goudreault's ears.

"I'm hoping he finds way to help out with the veterans and talk to them about their hardships," said Goudreault of Grand Bay.

Trump also said he plans to work with Congress in moving forward with a massive infrastructure improvement proposal that will fix the nation's roads, bridges, airports, and rails.

But he didn't name any specific projects specific to Alabama, including Mobile's $850 million Interstate 10 bridge and Baway widening. That project is viewed as among the most critical infrastructure needs in the Deep South."We didn't hear about the bridge and, to me, that was disappointing," said Gray.
    As Gray noted, Trump was in Mobile for a "homecoming speech" and that "he gave the crowd exactly what they wanted."

While the speech drew a large crowd, most observers noted that Saturday's event was smaller than the 2015 rally which drew anywhere from 18,000 to 30,000 people.

Among those in attendance was Kristina Nicholson, 31, and her husband Christopher, 36. They took also brought their children - Kaitlynn, 10, and Elizabeth, 1.

The west Mobile family came to experience something they never have before: Watching a president-elect speak for the first time ever.

"This is big time," said Kristina Nicholson.

Trump delivered his speech with a large evergreen tree decorated with Christmas ornaments serving as a back drop. The tree was cut down from Public Safety Memorial Park in Mobile, and transported Friday to Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

The removal of the tree from a public park, spearheaded by Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson's office, sparked online criticism and created a pre-rally controversy.
    Stimpson's Chief of Staff Colby Cooper said the city plans to re-purpose the tree for another use after it was removed late Saturday.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/12/president-elect_donald_trump_r_1.html#incart_big-photo

Then, the bitter haters, poor misguided things, attacked the Azalea Trail Maids. These girls are all High School Seniors.

Mobile's Azalea Trail Maids come under fire on Twitter after greeting Trump

President-elect Donald Trump is surrounded by Mobile's Azalea Trail Maids after arriving in Mobile on Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016, on his "thank you tour." (Mike Kittrell/AL.com)

By Michelle Matthews

on December 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Mobile's unofficial ambassadors, the Azalea Trail Maids, welcomed President-Elect Donald Trump when his plane landed at the Brookley Aeroplex on Saturday afternoon on the final stop of his "thank you tour" at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile.

When AP national political reporter Jonathan Lemire tweeted a photo of "the president-elect's welcoming committee," hundreds of responses ranged from "disgusting" to "beautiful."

Here's an assortment of tweets about the Trail Maids:

Follow

Jonathan Lemire
    @JonLemire

The president-elect's welcoming committee in Mobile.
    2:36 PM - 17 Dec 2016

Follow

Angela Hoffmann @geminiangel13

@JonLemire in true southern style...i think it is fabulous and fun! Why not something traditional?...southern belles as they were called! <3
    2:48 PM - 17 Dec 2016

Not My President @PaineFan01

@JonLemire so here we are in our Handmaid's Tale world #MAGA
    2:51 PM - 17 Dec 2016

#FireComey @yologuy

@JonLemire presumably the Confederate Battle Flag is just off camera
    3:04 PM - 17 Dec 2016

Em @DeaconEm540

@JonLemire That is what happened to the costumes from Gone With the Wind. Makes me ill.
    4:52 PM - 17 Dec 2016

Judi Gunn @LocalJudi

@JonLemire Wow. Just, wow. I really hope those women are being paid to walk around in costume. A massively uncomfortable costume at that.
    3:53 PM - 17 Dec 2016 · Racine, WI

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....maids_com.html

1.8 million views of rally on Facebook link!

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump...8315067650725/

189,146 views on RSBN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmcv4EDSNc

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12