Like Tree7Likes

Thread: London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan wants to ‘educate’ Donald Trump on Islam

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Angry London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan wants to ‘educate’ Donald Trump on Islam

4 HOURS AGO BY WEB DESK

London’s new mayor Sadiq Khan said he would welcome Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to London to “educate” him about Islam and its compatibility with Western values.

In an interview with NBC News on Friday, the son of a Pakistani immigrant bus driver said Trump’s “ignorant” views on Islam were “inadvertently playing into the hands of extremists” who prey on young Muslims.

“To suggest that it’s incompatible to be Western and to be Muslim is, I think, really, really risky,” Khan said during a visit to a London elementary school.

“I want Donald Trump to come to London so I can introduce myself to him as a mainstream Muslim, very, very comfortable with Western liberal values, but also introduce him to hundreds of thousands, dare I say millions of Muslims in this country, who love being British, love being Western,” he said.

Real-estate mogul Trump in December suggested a temporary ban on all Muslims entering the US after a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino that officials said was inspired by the Islamic State group.

Global political and religious leaders condemned his remarks which also triggered widespread criticism among the public.

“I want to educate Donald Trump. I want to show him that you can be Muslim and be Western,” Khan said.

Trump this week said his proposed ban on Muslims entering the US was “only a suggestion”. He further said that Khan could be an exception to the ban, however, Khan rejected the exemption and said he will try to visit the US before the November presidential election.

After winning last week’s London mayoral election Khan, a member of Britain’s opposition centre-left Labour party, is now Europe’s highest-profile Muslim politician. He defeated his Conservative opponent Zac Goldsmith by a hefty margin.

He thanked Americans for their messages of support, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, who were quick to congratulate Khan on his election win.

Khan also made clear his preference for the next president.

“As a proud feminist at City Hall, as someone who’s a father of two daughters, I think Hillary Clinton being the president of the USA would send a loud and clear message, but also she’s competent, she’s got gravitas, she’s got huge experience,” he said. “So you won’t be surprised to know I want Hillary to be president.”

Courtesy: NBC news

London?s Mayor Sadiq Khan wants to ?educate? Donald Trump on Islam | Pakistan Today

He is showing his ignorance - he needs to be "educated" @ hillary

He needs to go to Syria and Iraq and do some "educating" there.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This Mayor will be "educated" soon enough when all hell breaks loose in Europe due the massive flood of these "refugees"!

Get back to us in a couple months buddy boy!

We don't need to go far to know what's London new Mayor want