Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It looks like we WILL have to pay for illegals health care

Senate Blocks Senator Sessions’ Final Attempt to Fix Immigration Loopholes in Health Care Bill

In the final round of the year-long health care debate, the Senate took up the House’s reconciliation bill last Sunday. H.R. 4782, the “Health Care and Education Affordability and Reconciliation Act,â€
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

I am literally sick to my stomach right now.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

No big surprise....we've had to pay thier healthcare for years now, why should that change? We all knew that even tho they TOLD us IA's would not be covered that they'd find some covert way to make it so they are.

Obama.....YOU LIE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The difference is now we are able to access our doctor or urgent care center who require insurance or payment. Now, the illegals will have access to those private providers and we will have to wait in line behind them there instead of just at ERs. They probably don't utilize the ERs as much as the private providers because of the long wait times there for their minor problems. Be prepared to bring your lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Be prepared to bring your lunch.

You might want to bring some water, as well:

http://tinyurl.com/y8aw3po

Dying Patient Was Refused A Glass Of Water

4:00pm UK, Monday March 29, 2010

Steve Davies, Sky News Online
    A dying patient had to ring a hospital switchboard on his mobile to ask for a glass of water, after nurses ignored his pleas.

Officials from the South London NHS Trust have apologised to the family of Derek Sauter, who later died in hospital of pneumonia.

The 60-year-old did not receive a "proper and professional standard of care" when he was admitted with a chest infection in June 2008.

A formal investigation is being conducted into his death, after it was found his oxygen levels went unchecked for 11 hours and were 35% lower than recommended.

Ruth Sauter, the patient's daughter, said she was disgusted by the treatment her father had received.

She told The Daily Mail: "His condition was not life threatening, and nurses had specific instructions to keep close tabs on him.

"'But their appalling lack of care, and cruel behaviour killed my father...It's so much worse knowing that he died alone, thirsty and scared on that ward."

After being admitted in the morning, he was given antibiotics and oxygen, but was later forced to ring his wife to tell her that he was not allowed any more water as he had earlier knocked over a cup.

After ringing the switchboard, a doctor was called to the ward, only for a nurse to tell him that the patient was "overreacting".

The hospital was unable to comment directly on the case, as it is part of the family's legal proceedings.

A spokeswoman said: "South London Healthcare NHS Trust would like to apologise to the Sauter family for the failings in care that Derek Sauter received.

"The trust believes that Mr Sauter did not receive a proper and professional standard of care that he and his family had a right to expect."

[Notice some of the following comments on Britain's National Healthcare makes one wonder what abuses we Americans are in for.]

Posted by: hart2hart on March 29, 2010 5:16 PM

My mother was in hospital being treated for cancer and the nurses would not wash her saying "it was not their job". When she asked one nurse to get her a drink of water she was told to get out of bed and get it herself. The caring image of nurses is long gone, they treat patients with utter contempt and indifference and patients are made to feel as though they are timewasters.

* Recommend (71)
    * Report this comment

scotleymakPosted by: scotleymak on March 29, 2010 5:07 PM

THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICS but more to do with people in the medical profession who are more interested in themselves than the care of others, despite the fact thats what they are paid to do! If they dont want the job then why do it? In the Social Services and NHS its always a case of acting too late and ignoring the basic needs of people. Its about time a firm example was made! It doesn't take a genius to be able to care about human life, just a heart!

* Recommend (51)
    * Report this comment

MallowePosted by: Mallowe on March 29, 2010 4:54 PM

LibLabCON, they are all the same. Nurses have always been worked like carthorses and treated like secondclass citizens and i dread the day i end up in this position where i become dependant on them. Tne only reason the CONservatives are interested in the NHS is to make a buck or two on its sale. Appauling!

* Recommend (13)
    * Report this comment

galaxyPosted by: galaxy on March 29, 2010 4:52 PM

In a lot of articles I read, the words 'social services' and 'NHS' tend to be followed by 'neglect' and it disgusts me. People just don't seem to care. Whatever happened to 'better safe than sorry'? If you deem everyones' plea for help as 'overreacting' then far too many people would die. People need to STOP ignoring things! Think about the amount of people who have died simply due to the NHS staff caring more about some gossip magazine. So many people need to be fired, we need to bring back strictness. 'If it doesn't affect me, then it's not a problem that needs fixing' people with that attitude need to be punched in the face. RIP Derek.

* Recommend (25)
    * Report this comment

chouchouPosted by: chouchou on March 29, 2010 4:44 PM

I used to work in the NHS, and the majority of nurses aren't the angels they make out to be. Too many of them walk around with a chip on their shoulders and ignore patient calls for help. I know of patients who have had to sleep urine-soaked bed sheets because nurses 'haven't got time to change it now'.

Older patients are made to feel like them are a burden, when caring and helping is what nurses get paid for.

* Recommend (92)
    * Report this comment

veggiemanPosted by: veggieman on March 29, 2010 4:37 PM

This totally useless Labour government came to power saying that the NHS was going to be safe in their hands. Billions and billions of pounds later, it is totally appalling that cases like this occur with such regularity. My mother was similarly treated in such an uncaring manner and subsequently died in Southend General hospital.
    The sooner that the Tories are in government the better.

* Recommend (3
    * Report this comment

scotleymakPosted by: scotleymak on March 29, 2010 4:18 PM

sometimes the word ' sorry ' just isnt enough. The people responsible for this mans care need sacking and held accountable. This is a mans life were talking about. No respect for human life, a total disgrace!

What a wonderful future we all have to look forward to! We may not get a hospital bed as some illegal alien is in it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    What a wonderful future we all have to look forward to! We may not get a hospital bed as some illegal alien is in it!
    You'll get the bed eventually but your caregiver will be calling you gringo.

Remember in November.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO