Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by bordersoldier
    Villaraigosa has been bragging that L.A. is the safest it has been since the 1950's. He really thinks we are that stupid.
    Our mayor and police chief brag that Houston's crime rate is so much better too. This place is a war zone. My wife and have have finally made the decision that we are both going to get a concealed weapons license and start carrying a gun. That's how safe I feel.
    You're telling me that Out of Town Lee Brown didn't whip the crime rate back into shape during his sterling mayoralty?

I'm shocked; shocked, I tell ya!
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka

You're telling me that Out of Town Lee Brown didn't whip the crime rate back into shape during his sterling mayoralty?

Did you know he was also the 1st black police chief in Houston from 1982 - 90. He made just as big a mess out of that job. Why the people of Houston turned around and voted him in as Mayor I have no idea.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka

Did you know he was also the 1st black police chief in Houston from 1982 - 90. He made just as big a mess out of that job. Why the people of Houston turned around and voted him in as Mayor I have no idea.
    Stupidity. It's what keeps the Dem. Party alive.

Lee Brown is the only person I know whose entire career arc is inversely proportional to how well he succeeds as a job.

Police Commissioner of New York=Anyone remember the Crown Heights pogrom? How about 2k+ homocides annually?

Head of the DEA under Clinton=I think that speaks for itself.

Then mayor of Houston.

I guarantee you that President Hussein is going to appoint him to be Sec'y of State if Malik Zulu Shabazz doesn't get there first.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

GFC
    LA is the illegal capital of the World. Take a look.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJvRJDJ4q1k&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by GFC
    LA is the illegal capital of the World. Take a look.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJvRJDJ4q1k&feature=related
    It has even gotten worse. SF is going to look like that too. Mayor Gavin Newsom has opened his arms to them too. I think after awhile the affluent people who pay millions for their homes their will finally rise up against him. It will take a while for it to get that bad. But it will.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But! But, Antonio told us LA is the safest since the '50's!!
    Oh wait, never mind, he meant FOR gangs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

My sister said the news in Atlanta finally reported updated crime statistics. All crime is up by at least 30%, violent crime and armed robbery is up 40%. She says the crime is rising with increasing illegal immigration. Especially with the drop in the economy and construction.

Atlanta mayor has been spinning crime stats, saying that crime was down. So has the Gov. Perdue.

She said that daily crimes committed by illegals is reported. There are several shootings and murders almost daily.

Gang crime, including illegal gangs is up.

This is a very timely thread.

One comment. I'm not sure that the numbers, as bad as they are, aren't manipulated somewhat. I'm not convinced that every one of these big cites doesn't play around with crime statistics and numbers.

Just exactly how are crimes counted? Are all crimes counted statistically? Equally important how are crimes categorized? What state or city was it from last year, I think, that counts Hispanics as white which in turn totally skews the results. I think all the cities do very similar things.

How about a fun weekend in Chicago...

36 people shot, 9 die, during weekend in Chicago

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/21/chi ... index.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt

One comment. I'm not sure that the numbers, as bad as they are, aren't manipulated somewhat. I'm not convinced that every one of these big cites doesn't play around with crime statistics and numbers.

Just exactly how are crimes counted? Are all crimes counted statistically? Equally important how are crimes categorized? What state or city was it from last year, I think, that counts Hispanics as white which in turn totally skews the results. I think all the cities do very similar things.

This is very true. The do skew the stats. Remember this is the ones that are reported. There are many more that go unreported.

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt

This is how I believe they're counted. If the victim is hispanic, he is counted as hispanic. If the criminal is hispanic, he is counted as white or black. So if two hispanics are involved and one kills the other, it would be counted as a crime against the hispanic by a white or black criminal.
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12