Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GFC

Los Angeles Hispanics And The Anti Black Mentality

C&P from US Data Forum

L.a. Hispanics And The Anti Black Mentality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an american born black man who speaks spanish fluently and I am disturbed by the great amount of ignorance and resistance towards african americans that l.a. hispanics mainly of MEXICAN and SALVADORIAN origen hold towards blacks. I recently moved back to L.A. after living in Miami for a year and I am trying to become adjusted to life in Los Angeles once again. That being said one cannot ignore the fact that being black in L.A. means being greatly out numbered by hispanics. Before I left Miami I heard stories about mexican gangs shooting blacks for no reason and lots of tension between mexican gangs and black gangs. This is a totally different situation from what takes places in Miami. Although there are plenty of white cubans and colombians who are racist towards blacks in Miami there's also a mixture of puerto ricans, dominicans, and cubans who are also often "black" thus being AFRO LATINOS who speak spanish fluently. Often times at work or in public here in Los Angeles I encounter hispanics who's body language and ridiculous stares seem to indicate that they are uncomfortable around blacks. GOD FORBID I SAY SOMETHING TO THEM IN SPANISH! ITS LIKE THEY'VE JUST SEEN A GHOST! Never the less this just goes to show the ignorance of too many central american latinos who migrate to this country. Many of them have never seen a black person and cant even write their native spanish language fluently. IF AMERICA IS PLANNING ON GIVING THEM AMNESTY THEY ALSO NEED TO GIVE THEM A COURSE ON CULTURE AND DIVERSITY BECAUSE IF NOT THE ANTI BLACK RACISM THAT THEY BRING FROM THEIR COUNTRIES WHICH ARE MOSTLY POPULATED BY "MESTIZO" meaning white and indian bloodlines is going to continue to create conflict between them and african americans who are now perceiving the same thing i perceive daily here in los angeles. Not only is it in L.A. but other u.s. cities in the south where there are now large mexican and central american populations in areas predominantly black are reporting the same conflict and distrust. New York has one of the highest black populations in the U.S. and there are plenty of latinos from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico and I have never heard of any type of conflict between latinos and blacks in New York. Carribean latinos are much more educated and diverse than the typical Mexican or central american immigrant that comes to the u.s. and being black in their countries is not some sort of taboo like in Mexico. I would love to see them start talking smack in spanish or trying to cut in front of some black dominican standing in line thinking he doesn't speak spanish. One of my friends who is black and from Puerto Rico told me about how he went to some latin organization here in L.A. seeking funding for a play he was producing. When he arrived they saw he was black they didn't believe he could be Latino and from Puerto Rico. It's kinda like when they ask me do I speak spanish and I say yes they continue talking to me in some horrible broken english because they can't believe a black person could possibly speak spanish. Then they realize I write it better than they do. GET EDUCATED PEOPLE! L.A. LATINOS NOT LIKING BLACKS MAKES NO SENSE WHEN MANY BLACKS ARE LATINOS ALSO. DON'T BELIEVE ME THEN JUST GO TO CUBA, PUERTO RICO, HONDURAS, COSTA RICA, PANAMA AND MANY OTHER LATIN AMERICAN NATIONS. besides latino is not a race therefore mexican gangs committing hate crimes against blacks in the name of some latino racial brotherhood makes no sense. and all latinos arent short nor look "indigenous" or "INIDIO". Many are black and white as well. WAKE DA #*$@ UP!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immigrat ... ality.html

Is this different to how they feel about all americans White, Black, Asian...?

Quote Originally Posted by fmrjarhead
    Is this different to how they feel about all americans White, Black, Asian...?
    In a large part, yes. In the south there is trouble between the blacks and hispanics, but not like in LA. There is a block that one side is Mexican and one side is black. If either one crosses the steet into the others territory they are shot, just because.

Los Angeles Hispanics And The Anti Black Mentality -

I know from experience what the author of this article is saying. Yes, I know all too well how Mexicans feel towards African-Americans. They don't like us at all and they look at us as if we are the aliens in this country. They have absolutely no concept of who we are compared to who or what they are. I can get along with anybody but, when it comes to a person of another race judging me because of the color of my skin, I prefer to keep my distance. And I expect them to do likewise.

Thanks it has been a long time since I have been around the hispanic population, but I can remember the same type of treatment , back when I was a young man..
    I now live in northern Idaho and we are starting to see an influx of illegals working in the area ( I assume Illegal) Seeing as how most of them do not speak english and some were imported from Arizona.