Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOST

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ok I just called CNN and FOX News to tell my story. FOX News had a voice mail, and CNN actually had a human I could talk to. The man I talked to at CNN was snarly at me because I said "Newspapers and news stations will not write my story because they're scared of offending hispanics" Well it's true in south Florida... See if they call back or cover my story. If anyone else wants CNN's or FOX's phone number just ask me.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by ginger-snaps
    Our immigration system sucks. My dad applied for his citizenship back on November 13, 2006. He has been a citizen since Oct 26th of 2007. The USCIS website page where you can check your status through your case number says this today...

"Case received and pending"

The USCIS supervisor I talked to today said that their website gets updated every 2 weeks. Sad how they lie so much to people.
    What exactly is the problem here and what are the lies? Your father received his citizenship. You also state "Our" immigration system sucks. Aren't you Canadian? You have me confused. What is your real story?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger-snaps
    Our immigration system sucks. My dad applied for his citizenship back on November 13, 2006. He has been a citizen since Oct 26th of 2007. The USCIS website page where you can check your status through your case number says this today...

"Case received and pending"

The USCIS supervisor I talked to today said that their website gets updated every 2 weeks. Sad how they lie so much to people.
    What exactly is the problem here and what are the lies? Your father received his citizenship. You also state "Our" immigration system sucks. Aren't you Canadian? You have me confused. What is your real story?

My father got his citizenship after waiting almost a full year. Columbians that I know of got their citizenship in 3 months and they applied after my father.

My father just sponsored my mother and I. Now the USCIS is stating that because I'm Canadian, I have to wait 90 days for a case number. 90 after I get the case number I should get the work visa I applied for. After those 180 days I have to wait a year to get my green card. Now why should an illegal columbian who's parents just got deported and no one is sponsoring him get his work visa and green card in only a week. Also there are Arabs that I know of that got their green cards in less than 3 months. They could be terrorists and the USCIS is allowing them to come into this country?

Also when I call up the USCIS and try to ask questions they lie all the time. My neighbor who called them up on his immigration problems wrote down the agent's name and ID number. The next day he called back and asked for that same agent, and the supervisor said that, that person doesn't exist and that it was an invalid agent ID.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Latin Americans, unfortunately, are often fast tracked because of State Dept. and administration secretive collaborations. Also, many claim refugee status and our idiot State Dept. and INS buy their stories. Also, every armed rebellion, cyclone, earthquake, volcano sends many more here. They are usually fast tracked.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I don't know if this personally affects your case, but supposedly there is a huge back log for green cards right now. I believe the problem is due the large number of H-1B visa holders who were authorized to submit their applications for green cards this year. If I rememer correctly, the federal government is accepting more applications than normally authorized to appease the H-1B visa holders. Supposedly there were promises made............ Perhaps someone that knows more about the situation can elaborate. Technically, from what I've heard, the wait for a green card can last years. I don't necessarily believe our legal immigration system sucks, I just think we're setting to many folks on a legal path to citizenship (more than the immigration services can handle). I guess it's possible the large green card application back log could also be slowing down visa issuances.

My father just sponsored my mother and I. Now the USCIS is stating that because I'm Canadian, I have to wait 90 days for a case number. 90 after I get the case number I should get the work visa I applied for. After those 180 days I have to wait a year to get my green card.
    I don't see the problem here. Perhaps you should be grateful. Many would consider a year wait for a green card a terrific opportunity. As for the folks you believe received preferential treatment, did you see their paperwork? Do you know everything there is to know regarding their individual cases? All I'm saying is there may be more involved in their individual situation than you are aware of.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I don't know if this personally affects your case, but supposedly there is a huge back log for green cards right now. I believe the problem is due the large number of H-1B visa holders who were authorized to submit their applications for green cards this year. If I rememer correctly, the federal government is accepting more applications than normally authorized to appease the H-1B visa holders. Supposedly there were promises made............ Perhaps someone that knows more about the situation can elaborate. Technically, from what I've heard, the wait for a green card can last years. I don't necessarily believe our legal immigration system sucks, I just think we're setting to many folks on a legal path to citizenship (more than the immigration services can handle). I guess it's possible the large green card application back log could also be slowing down visa issuances.

My father just sponsored my mother and I. Now the USCIS is stating that because I'm Canadian, I have to wait 90 days for a case number. 90 after I get the case number I should get the work visa I applied for. After those 180 days I have to wait a year to get my green card.
    I don't see the problem here. Perhaps you should be grateful. Many would consider a year wait for a green card a terrific opportunity. As for the folks you believe received preferential treatment, did you see their paperwork? Do you know everything there is to know regarding their individual cases? All I'm saying is there may be more involved in their individual situation than you are aware of.
    It's good that we have a somewhat strict immigration system but why do hispanics get ahead of everyone else? I called up the USCIS on numerous occasions asking about my case. They assured me that I would have my green card in 6 months or less, because a US citizen is sponsoring me, and I'm almost 21. Now when I call up my friends who recently got their green cards, they say they only had to wait 3 months or less. But when I call up the USCIS asking why I still haven't gotten a receipt number after a month already, they are saying because I'm from Canada I have to wait 90 days for a reciept. Then 90 days after that I should get my work visa, and a year after that my green card. Why do USCIS agents always cater to hispanics? I'm suffering paying thousands upon thousands to do everything legally here. I already got seperated from my family when I was 16 just cause I was visiting my grandfather in Florida for a week during the summer time. I don't understand why I get shafted 24-7 but illegal hispanics get their stuff so quickly after working, going to school, popping out babies and etc... It annoys me so much. I seen hispanics go ahead of my dad in the citizenship process and now it's happening to my mother and I just for even a stupid reciept. I didn't pay $3000 just to wait 3 months for a simple letter with a case number and my name on it, or to get put at the back of the line just cause I'm from Canada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12