Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    From today's Washington Times article:

"I would make it my first act as president to pardon agents Ramos and Compean," Mr. Gilchrist said Mr. Huckabee told him. "I regret that they have spent yet another Christmas locked up in a windowless cell like animals and unable to be free and with their families."

Mr. Gilchrist, who campaigned with Mr. Huckabee in Iowa last week, said Mr. Huckabee explained his positions in a half-hour conversation on the campaign trail.

"I read back my notes to him twice and I told him I did not want to put words in his mouth," said Mr. Gilchrist, who also issued a press release from the Minuteman Project detailing Mr. Huckabee's positions. "The guy looked me right in the eye."
    So, Huckabee is lying to Gilchrist who is lying to the Washington Times. A pack of liars we have here.
    And, when he gets called on his lies------He says that they are "LYING" and falsely "attacking" him.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Don't worry this goober starts his downward slide tonight. Wait till the primaries in NY, NJ, Nevada, Michigan, Calif. He'll be long out of cash and will continue to finish 3rd, 4th and 5th in the voting. Turn the lights out, the party's over. His day in the sun was Iowa, that's it.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Below is an excerpt from the full transcript located at the link below.

These are the 'rush' (not final) versions posted on the CNN site.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

WIAN: Standard and Poor (ph) reports that educating illegal alien children costs states and the federal government more than $11 billion a year -- Lou.

DOBBS: The issues of costs of illegal immigration, of course, unfortunately as some of the advocates for open borders and amnesty try to say that those benefits, and frankly, they're being absolutely disingenuous and disassembling when they suggest it, that the benefits outweigh the costs. The reality is that whatever benefits accrue, accrue to the illegal employers who are exploiting that labor and that is the unfortunate reality.

WIAN: Absolutely.

DOBBS: So...

WIAN: And one of the things that they continually ignore, Lou, as you well know, is the fact that the people that are being hurt most by this influx of illegal aliens is the lower skilled American citizens who can't find jobs because they're being under priced by the illegal workers -- Lou.

DOBBS: In point in fact, these illegal aliens entering the country, according to a Pew study of about a year and a half ago, most affected adversely were Hispanic low-skilled workers in the country already. Thank you very much. Appreciate it, Casey Wian from Los Angeles.

Republican presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee, is setting the record straight tonight on a published report that claimed he wants to abolish birth right citizenship for children born to illegal aliens under the terms of the 14th Amendment. Appearing on CNN's "THE SITUATION ROOM" with Wolf Blitzer, Huckabee denied that he ever promised Minuteman Project (ph) founder James Gillmakrist (ph) the he would force the Supreme Court to challenge the 14th Amendment.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MIKE HUCKABEE (R), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: No, I did not advocate that. I said that the Supreme Court would have to make that decision. If they review that decision, we would follow what they have ruled. But so far, lower courts have ruled that the 14th Amendment still does apply and so that's my position.

(END VIDEO CLIP) DOBBS: Governor Huckabee says he does not support a constitutional amendment to change birthright citizenship, which is the basis of the so-called anchor baby phenomenon in illegal immigration. Huckabee has been sharply criticized for his policies on illegal immigration while governor of Arkansas.

Well time now to take a look at some of your thoughts. Bart in Washington said, "Lou, I heard you talking about the insane media saying that this race is over with Iowa and New Hampshire. Thank you. Let's look at a few issues in a few other states before we declare a winner." I'm all with you in that.

And Debra in Arizona, "I want to thank you for being one of the few in the news media who thinks the other 48 states might have a say in who the next president will be. According to most of the media it's over with. Won't they be surprised?" I suspect you're right.

And Chris in Florida said, "I must say that I'm glad you're not going to run for president. You're one of the few on television who actually tell us what's really happening out there."

And Scott in Missouri, "Lou, please don't run for president. Where the hell would I turn to hear the truth?" Thank you for those kind thoughts. We'll have more of your e-mail here in the broadcast.

Each of you whose e-mail is read here receives a copy of my new book, "Independents Day: Awakening the American Spirit", the book that corporate America, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party and most of their presidential candidates, if not all, certainly don't want you to read. Go out and disappointment them.

Up next, Independent voters are playing a critical role in the New Hampshire primary and nationwide the presidential election. For the best and brightest political commentators and analysts, join me here to discuss the impact of Independent voters and what we can expect. Also we'll be telling you which issues at the top of the voters' minds in New Hampshire tonight.

We'll have that special report, the latest exit polls, and President Bush; well by golly he's optimistic about the state of our economy. We'll tell you all about that as well. We'll be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    I heard Huck say on Hannity radio program that he WOULD pardon the agents! They discussed it for several minutes.
    Huckabee has said he would support an investigation. He has not said he would pardon them as one of his first acts in the White House.

Jim Gilchrist over embellished most of the material he put out on election eve in Iowa and on birthright, Huckster is saying he was dead wrong.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for the transcript. Let's hope someone out there in youtube land has a copy.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Chuck Norris is NUTS as well.

I saw an interview with him and the Huckabilly on Monday. He was furious----he kept calling Romney "the bishop". What the heck is this supposed to mean???
    Chuck Norris is strange and egotistical. I read an article that said he was thinking about Romney, but endorsed Huckabee because he thought Romney's wife snubbed him after a debate when she didn't greet him properly (or something to this effect).

zeezil wrote:
    So, Huckabee is lying to Gilchrist who is lying to the Washington Times. A pack of liars we have here.
    I don't know if Huckabee is lying to Gilchrist or if the policy was a figment of Gilchrist's imagination which he sent out unauthorized. (One article I read named Gilchrist as Huckabee's chief immigration surrogate -or something to that effect. Surrogate was definately one of the words--sur·ro·gate (sûr-gt, -gt, sr-)
    n.
    1. One that takes the place of another; a substitute.)

Believe there will be a parting of Huck and Gil--Huck told the world Gilchrist made the policy up essentially.

Gilchrist called all the canidates offering his support and Huckabee's campaign was the only one who called back so Gilchrist didn't exactly pick an anti-illegal canidate in the 1st place.

No part of the education of a politician is more indispensable than the fighting of elections.
    Winston Churchill

There was a post earlier of an article by a Latino who attacked Huck's immigration policy.

"The State Department reminds U.S. citizens to avoid participating in demonstrations and other activities that might be deemed political by Mexican authorities. The Mexican Constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners, and such actions may result in detention and/or deportation."
    U.S. State Department
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12