Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Luis Gutierrez a yes on Obama health care bill. Updated.

Luis Gutierrez a yes on Obama health care bill. Updated.
    By
    Lynn Sweet
    on March 18, 2010 2:47 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Updated with Gutierrez statement....

WASHINGTON--Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) decided on Thursday to vote "yes" for the Obama health bill, after threatening to vote no because of issues related to coverage of illegal immigrants in the bill and the lack of action from the Obama White House on comprehensive immigration reform.

Why is Gutierrez, a national leader on immigration moving to yes? The headline his his statement (below) tells his story. "Discussions with Obama ensure we can have
    a victory for health care and for the immigrants of our nation."

Gutierrez statement:

Today, Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL), chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) Immigration Taskforce made the following statement at a press conference with fellow members of the CHC:

"I've spent the past week speaking at length with the President and his staff. In fact, I spoke with him again just this morning. I shared with him that I believed that we could have a victory for every American who deserves affordable, high-quality health care and for the immigrants of our nation.

"I told President Obama I would not sacrifice either goal. After extensive discussions with the President, I believe we have a health care bill I can vote 'yes' for, and I believe we have a commitment to move forward on a comprehensive immigration reform package as soon as possible.

"Comprehensive immigration reform is simply too important to wait, and there is no legislative issue that is not impacted by our failure to pass it. The President knows that germs don't respond to borders, germs respond to medicine and good preventative care. He gets that we cannot ensure the health of our nation if we continue to ignore the 12 million undocumented immigrants living in the shadows. And he agrees that if we are going to have health care that works, if we are going to have a system that cuts costs and streamlines the delivery and keeps our children healthy, then we fundamentally need to enact comprehensive immigration reform.

"I understand the difficulties that exist given the rules of this legislative process, which do not allow for changes to the health care bill's immigration provisions. Given that, we have an obligation and an opportunity to enact change at a comprehensive level. I believe that as tens of thousands prepare to march in Washington this Sunday for a fair and sensible solution to our immigration crisis, that the President will lead us."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/03 ... yes_o.html

Sure feels like treason to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

waht the HELL does immigration reform have to do with this stupid health care bill??

gutierrez, you are nothing more than a racist traitor to the US A

First the health care "bill" then make all of the illegals legal to get it.

I am beginning to think that the process they have used for the health care take over will the same one they use very soon for amnesty. They need yo get the undocumented voters on line before the elections in November. I have an awful suspicion that was the deal.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does this guy sound like he has a office in America?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdE-BxJV44

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    waht the HELL does immigration reform have to do with this stupid health care bill??

gutierrez, you are nothing more than a racist traitor to the US A

My thoughts exactly..gutierrez spewed..."I told President Obama I would not sacrifice either goal. After extensive discussions with the President, I believe we have a health care bill I can vote 'yes' for, and I believe we have a commitment to move forward on a comprehensive immigration reform package as soon as possible."

Who does this jackturd think he is!!!!! What the hell do the two issues have to do with each other?

I am hoping that when the tea-partiers are in Washington this weekend, they blow those illegal loving traitors and the illegals out of the water with their march.

This is what I know about the situation.

A. The Hispanics are mad, because Obama promised amnesty in his first 100 days, and amnesty has taken a back burner. Amnesty was being further downgraded in priority because 2010 is an ellection year.

B. Obama and Pelosi don't have enough votes in the House yet, to pass the health care bill, so they are twisting arms and bribeing congressmen. The Hispanic caucus threatend to vote no and sink the healthcare bill unless assurances that amnesty would be forthcoming. Obama and pelosi are desperate so they will pay what ever it takes.

c. Obama and Pelosi have probably offerd to use the "Slaughter" rule if necessary to "pass" the amnesty as part of the deal.

D. Obama wanted to wait to bring an amnesty bill, but the Hispanic Caucus is forcing this now because of the crushing defeat they will be getting in November. The amnesty bill is the Schumer "Grahamnesty" bill, since Grahamnesty is a Republican the Republicans might not have enough votes to fillibuster.

E. The situation is grimm for our cause and for the future of the USA. If the health care bill is not defeated they will move on directly to amnesty.

c. Obama and Pelosi have probably offerd to use the "Slaughter" rule if necessary to "pass" the amnesty as part of the deal.
    Makes sense that if Obama promises amnesty, then the exclusion of illegal aliens from the healthcare bill (if it is really there) would be overcome by the change of status from illegal to legal. However, there is no amnesty in the Senate bill. The Slaughter rule only allows the House to "deem" the Senate bill as passed. "Reconciliation" is the parliamentary maneuver the House will use to "modify" the Senate bill to meet the requirements of the various House special interests, such as amnesty.

However, if Gutierrez believes he will get amnesty in the Health Care Bill he he may be in for a disappointing surprise. Under Reconciliation only budget items can be included. "Policy" adjustments to the bill are not allowed, and giving illegals specific access to the coverage would be policy change. Under the Byrd Rule on Reconciliation this would not be permitted. So Gutierrez would have spent his vote for nothing. He will not get it in the Health Care Bill, and after this fiasco, I do not believe most Democrats up for election this Nov. are going to stick their necks out for Immigration Reform.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

April
    Time to CHARGE against AMNESTY!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-191871.html

They just showed Guteriezz on Fox admitting that he said yes to health care because Obama promised to push an amnesty bill.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast