Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made in China

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Made in China

I'm not trying to start a whole new segment of the message boards here, but I'm curious to see if people feel the same about the manufacturing base of this country being moved to China.

I'm very passionate about a few things. Made in China makes me sick along with Illegals flooding my country.

I do my best not to buy made in China, but it's getting harder and harder all the time.
    <div>They aren't undocumented workers, or immigrants. They are illegal aliens!</div>

I hear ya , It makes me sick too, people need to wake up and realize that we are screwing ourselves buying stuff from china.I saw a report on tv about their polluted land and water and thousands of their people have died eating their food, and they want to ship their food here for sale , call you reps in Washington, if you dont try to stop this it will be a nite mare.they are already shipping some stuff here.

I agree with you about goods made in China. I won't buy them unless I absolutey have to, and that doesn't happen often. It takes a little more work, but I feel like it's worth it.

You should read "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Freidman. From that book, plus others (I read a lot of economics books... try "Freakonomics" and "The Undercover Economist", too), here's what I can gather:

Essentially OUTSOURCING (call centers, data crunching, other services that don't need to be local) and OFFSHORING (entire factories and business being re-located to another country because of cheaper labor, or better tax / liability situations) are becoming the norm. It's much like a company that hires illegals here. If you're a competing company it quickly becomes very hard for you to have a chance, unless you do the same. And so the race to the bottom has already begun.

On the one hand, we are certainly reaping the benefits of this: cheaper stuff (anything you can think of), plus increased technological advancement due to the competition. It may not seem like it, but American companies are responding pretty well to a lot of these cheaper, but increasingly better-built, items. Albeit a bit slowly and painfully.

On the other hand, we are certainly losing a lot of our "old school" jobs. And, like always, a lot of these companies are "knee jerking" into doing this without really thinking about the long term consequences, or even if it *might* make sense to actually keep their operations in the US (it sometimes does, even money-wise). More importantly, China is a snake. They're using state sponsored slave labor to lure our companies there, and adopting their best practices and ideas. Sure, it's just labor now... but pretty soon they're going to be all grown up, and not need us anymore. Then they will be direct competitors. And those companies will be in for shock. Well, not the billionaire CEOs who will be lounging by the pool by the time that happens!

Anyway, from what I've read, and from what I see, in my opinion, globalization is inevetable. That's not to say we'll all be one country, or union (I think clear, and absolute sovereignty will be even MORE important at that time), but in the future there will be much less wage and price differentiation from country to country. And so, in effect, the playing field will be leveled, and the businesses won't be able to chase the lowest common denominator around the globe anymore. And that will at least be simpler!

It will also be interesting to see where the dollar is at in the future... for trade deficits, purchasing power, etc. Should be exciting!

I'd be curious what CrocketsGhost has to say about this
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

April
    Peanut wrote:

I saw a report on tv about their polluted land and water and thousands of their people have died eating their food, and they want to ship their food here for sale , call you reps in Washington, if you dont try to stop this it will be a nite mare.they are already shipping some stuff here

The report I saw was on Lou Dobbs and it said 300 million a year in China get sick from food poisoning. It blew me away that our country is importing food products from there. It is PURE greed, the govenment is caring less and less about the people and their welfare on all levels. This has to STOP........ROAR AMERICANS ROAR!

I think it is a great idea, it is a terrible problem here, my gawd the stores are loaded with so much unnessasary junk it is unbelievable, poorly made and another big problem is the gaul they have with pirating.

China is just another hugh limitless set of problems in this country, thanks again to the people who are suppose to be looking out for the best interest of the American citizens, sure glad they don't consider themselves our enemy would hate too think what would happen to us.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I remember reading in the last year or so that China has told us they would be more than happy to bring us a war on our soil...today! And, also that, because we've shipped out so many manufacturing jobs, we no longer have the ability to make our own war machines. And, if China is doing all the manufacturing now, they must have the means to make theirs. I also read somewhere that some of our military equipment that is/was being made in a foreign (I forget which one) country was put on hold for our men and women in Iraq at one point because the country manufacturing the equipment disagreed with our reasoning. That, to me, all puts us in a very vulnerable position if China decides they've built themeselves up enough to carry through with their expressed hint of a threat.

It's beyond me why any American would want to support this communist country who would love nothing more, probably, than to blow us off the face of the map.

MW
    I'm curious to see if people feel the same about the manufacturing base of this country being moved to China.
    The same thing is happening, to a lesser degree, throughout the world. Our business industry is sending manufacturing and technical jobs everywhere cheap(er) labor and a resonable expectation of stability exist. These are jobs that Americans will do and want.

I was reading an article in my local newspaper today concerning the many Indian students attending NCSU's post-graduate degree program in engineering (student visas). Supposedly a lot of these students are here in order to qualify them for jobs being offered by American companies in India (CISCO Systems was one of those that I remember).

It's all about cheap labor and profit margins.

The United States Congress and U.S. President work for corporate America, not the American people! If President Bush and the U.S. Congress weren't allowing this to happen, it wouldn't be happening. Written laws allow this to happen and written laws could stop it - or at least serve to greatly discourage it. The first step would be to repeal the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Made in China

Quote Originally Posted by LivingInTheUSA
    I'm not trying to start a whole new segment of the message boards here, but I'm curious to see if people feel the same about the manufacturing base of this country being moved to China.

I'm very passionate about a few things. Made in China makes me sick along with Illegals flooding my country.

I do my best not to buy made in China, but it's getting harder and harder all the time.
    Most people here are anti-globalist. IMO this site is refuge for the many Republicans who got fed up with the party elite on illegal immigration as well as outsourcing. Read Exporting America by Lou Dobbs to get an indepth critique of what these traitors are doing to us. Just to name a few problems:

--Americans who lose their jobs to outsourcing find jobs that pay 20-25% less on average.

--We are losing our lead in technology because we are exporting to the Chinese enemy.

--We are dependant on foreigners for goods and services--much like our dependancy on oil.

--We have a 5 trillion dollar trade deficit.

--We lose tax revenue due to CEOs exporting their operations.

--We are exporting private financial and medical information to nations that do not have privacy laws--cases of identity theft and black-mail have already occured.

--We are losing sovereignty--The WTO has already over-ruled local ordinance.

--Our air plane maitenance and flight attendant jobs are being outsourced to nations that do not do criminal and drug screenings.

IMO, globalism is very, very stupid. It goes hand-in-hand with illegal immigration, both working to destroy our nation.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

IMO, globalism is very, very stupid. It goes hand-in-hand with illegal immigration, both working to destroy our nation
    The people who are for the globalist agenda are blinded by greed and could care less about the future of America. That is why we must continue fighting tooth and nail for our country and our way of life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast