Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Made the Elected official rounds!!

Well people, I made my emails to all my states big-wigs, and made very strong wording, I will also make calls tomorrow morning. Tell me, will it do any good, are these people even listening to the public? Most of the time it seems they are not listening and are just wrapped up in what "they" think is right, or just do not have enough backbone to say "this is not good for our country. I'm telling you, I sometimes feel like no matter how many times I contact these people, they are just perverbially giving me a "pat" on the head, "oh, isn't that a cute little taxpayer, now little taxpayer, go back to work and make me some money to spend!!". Does it feel this way for most of us? Hey I'm, a pretty optimistic person, but lately it feels that this country is going to "hell in a handbasket" (to quote my late grandmother!). I want things like they used to be here in Oregon "Welcome to Oregon, enjoy your visit and then go home" that's pretty much how one of our governors put it about Californians and developers and such coming in, he wanted Oregon to be Oregon, not to be taken over (I think it was McCall?????) and changed. Well how sad, it has become exactly what he did not want to see. However, its not really our own U.S. citizens moving from other states he should have been worried about, it should have been the illegals. My friend lives in SW Portland, right around the corner from a mosque (you know the one that some people "worshipped" in that were linked to Al'Qaida) and she stated a fact. People focus on the Mexican illegals, but how many of these (Islamics foreigners) have expired visas? Thats scary already considering that mosques history in this city. Hope someone can give me encouraging words that say "yes, you're voice does count".
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You have to remember that your vote not only counts, but without it, there's one less piece of the fabric. If you want strong fabric-then vote..and pray.

Strength will come when you realize that everything you have to offer only betters us all. We have a common intrest. That makes you in return, even stronger.

Meanwhile, fight, fight with all of your talents and knowledge and never give up the spirit of Freedom. Your efforts, everyone's effort will pay off in time, provided we are there in our time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Elizabeth, I think we all have up and down days. Sometimes something will happen to give me so much encouragement and then the very next day all my hopes are dashed. But we can't give up. Never.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know the feeling. Yes I do.

But keep in mind that out of the thousands of people we are in contact with, at least a few hundred are doing what you are doing too.

Every week more people sign up as volunteers, to receive our e-mail alerts, and to contribute. Each time that happens we get a little stronger.

And, weve had some new peopel show up to help on these boards in the past week. That is certainly encouraging. Some of the new bloods show real promise and they have been in contact with me via PM and email telling me about their efforts.

Sometimes it only feels like a drop in the bucket, but another encouraging thought is how many people out there on the polls agree with us.

When you call Congress or you call a radio station and reflect these views you are speaking for the majorty. Someone must carry their message while encouraging them to act as well.

Great job. You keep your spirits up. The tide is turning our way.

W

AmericanElizabeth,
    I am certain that our founding fathers had doubts. They had doubts about sacrificing all they had including life to free us from King George. They fought on despite these doubts and victory was theirs. Persevere and we can defeat the current King George and his globalist cronies as well.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

When I feel that way, I think of the old song about the ant pushin the rubber tree plant. "cause he had high hopes". We teach it to our kids so we model it in our behavior. I do like a little radical movement now and then but on a day to day basis lawmaking is my rubber tree plant.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

I LOVED that song, Jrhino! And, that is a great analogy!

AmericanElizabeth--I don't think there's any QUESTION that we are making a difference. I don't mean JUST ALIPAC but ALIPAC ALONG WITH MANY OTHER GROUPS who have the same positions. I only have to look back at the CAFTA vote to reassure me. I know we lost that BY A HAIR BUT we DID sway SOME votes to our position AGAINST CAFTA and I know that for a fact because Congressman Coble called me after the CAFTA vote and SAID that he was getting the message LOUD AND CLEAR from his constituents. Before the vote, he was kind of undecided until he started hearing the outcry from his constituents so he voted AGAINST.

And, I think we can take heart from the fact that Specter's amendment has been at least TEMPORARILY put aside on this Budget Reconciliation bill. If we had not been bombarding our representatives, ALONG WITH OTHER LIKE GROUPS, that would have been slipped right in unnoticed.

So, we DO make a difference and we can't EVER give up.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    When I feel that way, I think of the old song about the ant pushin the rubber tree plant. "cause he had high hopes". We teach it to our kids so we model it in our behavior. I do like a little radical movement now and then but on a day to day basis lawmaking is my rubber tree plant.
    Excellent way of thinking of it. When I read this I had to look up the Lyrics. Just remember each of the Elected officals is a Rubber Tree Plant.

Next time your found, with your chin on the ground
    There a lot to be learned, so look around

Just what makes that little old ant
    Think he’ll move that rubber tree plant
    Anyone knows an ant, can’t
    Move a rubber tree plant

But he’s got high hopes, he’s got high hopes
    He’s got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin’ low
    ’stead of lettin’ go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call, and your back’s to the wall
    There a lot to be learned, that wall could fall

Once there was a silly old ram
    Thought he’d punch a hole in a dam
    No one could make that ram, scram
    He kept buttin’ that dam

’cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes
    He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your feelin’ bad
    ’stead of feelin’ sad
    Just remember that ram
    Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems just a toy balloon
    They’ll be bursted soon
    They’re just bound to go pop
    Oops there goes another problem kerplop
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06