Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    He will get a better price for corn anyway L........
    The Ethanol Boondoggle will assure that....

I am sure it was his plan all along to plant corn for the Government subsidies..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

MW
    Perhaps we need to start an Op. Editorial campaign to his local newspaper. I would love to totally humilate and embarrass this guy!

Hmmm........maybe pro-legal immigration groups should start taking full page ads out in papers throughout the country to draw more attention to the illegal immigrant problem. I know I'm sick and tired of seeing illegal immigrant favorable articles in my local paper (Raleigh N&O).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    This is a good point.

I go to the farmers market and get locally grown stuff that is far superior than vegetables that are trucked cross country. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, growing your own tomatoes is simple, even I can accomplish this! And I am seem to be the enemy of plants.

It is true that the sudden raise in prices is related to gas, but it won't stop open borders zealots from trumpeting. We will see this type of nonsense 30 fold after the November election.
    Exactly what we do. Why pay over a $1 each for bell peppers shipped from who knows where, when we can go to the farmer's market and get 10 of them for the same price. Go to the local grocery store and pay $4 for a pineapple, go to the farmer's market and pay $1, and they are 3 times the size.

If we can't get it at the farmer's market I will grow it myself. I am tired of being ripped off by some of these big commercial farms and grocery store chains.

All we do when we allow illegals or those on guest worker programs is to allow these big commercial farms to jack the prices up and take more profits by paying nothing for labor.

If this guy was paying $16 an hour for labor, people would be there legally.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Though Eckel's tomato pickers made an average of $16.59 per hour last year, he said the relatively high wage is not enough to attract local labor to work the fields.

"A lot of people think with immigration that we're talking about immigrants taking jobs from others. Let me tell you, there is no local labor that is going to go out and harvest those tomatoes in 90-degree temperatures except our immigrant labor," Eckel said. "They come here to do a job that no one else will do in this country."
    Is that so? I would like to see just one job listing this guy placed in his local classified or a job board advertising his job requirements and the wage being offered per hour to do this work. I want to see if he made a good faith effort to attract American Workers, especially at the average wage of $16.59 he claims he was paying for this work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$16.59 under the table with all the other freebies they get? Sounds like a damn good living to me!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    $16.59 under the table with all the other freebies they get? Sounds like a damn good living to me!

Your not kidding! No wonder they can afford the new cars and cell phones! Throw in a couple of anchor babies and all the freebies they get on behalf of their beloved anchors and you know they are doing well!

MW
    NoBueno wrote:

I would like to see just one job listing this guy placed in his local classified or a job board advertising his job requirements and the wage being offered per hour to do this work.
    Hmmm.........I'd like to see a copy of the H-2A applications he's filled out in an attempt to get temporary workers. Oh, that's right, he couldn't have requested temporary labor under the H-2A program because if he had, he would have workers. There are no limits on H-2A workers.

I don't know who this guy thinks he's fooling.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    NoBueno wrote:

I would like to see just one job listing this guy placed in his local classified or a job board advertising his job requirements and the wage being offered per hour to do this work.
    Hmmm.........I'd like to see a copy of the H-2A applications he's filled out in an attempt to get temporary workers. Oh, that's right, he couldn't have requested temporary labor under the H-2A program because if he had, he would have workers. There are no limits on H-2A workers.

I don't know who this guy thinks he's fooling.
    Great point MW! And here I was thinking the illegal invaders were brazen!(

He mentioned that the H2a process was too cumbersome.

At $16.59 and hour I"LL go pick fruit and veggies for that!!!!! Where do I sign up?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123