Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Majority of Americans Still Say ‘Merry Christmas,’ But Clinton Voters Far Less

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Majority of Americans Still Say ‘Merry Christmas,’ But Clinton Voters Far Less

by WARNER TODD HUSTON
    23 Dec 2016

A new poll by WPA Research finds that when it comes to the Yuletide season, a majority of Americans still say “Merry Christmas,” as opposed to “happy holidays.” But the poll also found that Clinton voters are far less likely than Republicans to use the phrase.

Overall 79 percent of Americans still think “Merry Christmas” is the right phrase for that most wonderful time of the year. Meanwhile, only 19 percent prefer “happy holidays.”

But things look vastly different when the query is broken down by voting preference. Fully 93 percent of Trump voters said that they are more likely to wish folks a “Merry Christmas.” On the other hand, only 66 percent of Hillary Clinton voters said they prefer “Merry Christmas.” As a result, nearly a third of Hillary voters, 31 percent, say they prefer “happy holidays” over the traditional “Merry Christmas.”

A split was also seen when respondents were asked if they feel Christmas will be better this year over last year. Sixty-six percent of Trump voters said they think they will have a better Christmas than last year. In contrast only 31 percent of Clinton voters similarly felt that the Christmas of 2016 would be better. In addition, 27 percent of Clinton voters said Christmas would be worse than last year. Only nine percent of Trump voters thought Christmas would be worse.

Overall, 48 percent said they think 2016’s Christmas will be better than that of last year, 28 percent said it would be about the same, and 18 percent said it would be worse than last year.

The WPA poll was taken of 2,014 registered voters on December 21.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ters-far-less/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow, 79% is really a big number. That's wonderful!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have never stopped saying Merry Christmas and never will
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Merry Christmas, and looks to be a happier new year..............

Not being a Christian, I'll initiate a Season's Greetings, but am not offended by an offer of a Merry Christmas and so Season's Greetings and a Merry Christmas to all.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you so much pkskyali!! Thank you very very much and a wonderful Season's Greetings and Merry Christmas Holiday to you and yours!! I've always thought that you don't need to be a Christian to enjoy and appreciate our Christmas Holiday. Christmas is about celebrating and enjoying family, decorations, food, giving and receiving for those who enjoy that part of it, and thinking about the meaning of love, hope and joy to the world. These are the types of good things that all humans can enjoy and appreciate regardless of their particular religion or no religion. Some used to say Christmas is mostly for the kids, and to some degree that is true, but who enjoys it more than the adults?!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Yes, I understand some don't believe the 'reason for the season' and I'm OK with that. We have had people of other faiths and beliefs who don't believe in this country forever.

My problem is with the merchants who don't acknowledge what the season is. I think if you purchase something in a store and they don't 'Merry Christmas', then I get my money back.

Certainly, we have lost sight, to a degree, of the meaning of Christmas - but it is still the reason people spend a lot of money. Why would a merchant feel you should spend your money with them because of the season, but they won't acknowledge it.

But - we were out and about last Wed. in a larger city and clerks said 'Merry Christmas'. One said to have a happy holidays and my husband said Merry Christmas to you and the smiled and said Merry Christmas to you, too, Sir.

They were playing Christmas music in the stores, hymns as well as secular music and people were singing the songs, singing to their children. It was really nice. I felt good!!!

Maybe Ms. Obama should venture out into the real world and she would see some hope.

Pkskyali, Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year - and all good things.

For me and as a matter of history, the Season is very much the Reason and reason enough for anyone alert enough to the seasons and the march of time as we count it out in our solar orbit. The religions of Europe that originally celebrated it until it was absorbed and transformed into what Christmas is now, a celebration of the birth of Jesus, are completely extinct. . Nobody misses them except a few eccentrics.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn