Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man Charged In Hickory Deadly Wreck

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/9970808/detail.html

POSTED: 9:51 am EDT September 30, 2006

HICKORY, N.C. -- One woman is dead and her husband is in critical condition following a bad wreck in Hickory.

Around 9:45 on Friday night, Jerry and Rena Moore were traveling north on 4th Street Northwest when their truck was hit by a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix.

The collision caused the Moores to be ejected through the passenger side door. Catawba County E-M-S transported the couple to Frye Regional Medical Center. Rena Moore s was taken into surgery where she died. Jerry Moore suffered a fractured neck and is listed in critical condition.

Police charged the driver of the Pontiac, Enrique Zavala with several charges

including driving while impaired and involuntary manslaughter. Officers at the scene say Zavala failed a field sobriety test. Zavala is in the Catawba County Jail under a $50,000 Secured Bond.

Copyright 2006 by WSOCTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Is the driver an illegal? Even if he isn't, that does not surprise me as that behavior is present in their legals as well. Any ethnic group can have a drunk driver but some have a lot more than others.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While the statistics indicate an elevated problem with Hispanic drunk drivers in our state, this post must be a work in progress to determine if the driver was an illegal alien to remain on our boards.

Someone needs to indentify that they are in search of this information or this post will need to be deleted.

If the driver is an illegal then this will be publicized and remain in our archives.

Any takers?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    According to the tv station newsroom, the man is a legal resident. They did use the caveat "To the best of our knowledge", so it might be wise to pull it in until we get a definitive answer.

I'm in search !! The news media is always hesitant about releasing that info; however, it did say he was charged with manslaughter, dwi and other charges.

Once we have the info. we need to slam our public officials with it !!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    According to the tv station newsroom, the man is a legal resident. They did use the caveat "To the best of our knowledge", so it might be wise to pull it in until we get a definitive answer.
    That means they dont know.

Call the detention facility. Ask for the jail info officer. Give the suspects full name and ask if ICE has an immigration hold on this prisoner.

If they say no, call back with the same question in a few days.

W

I called the Catawba County Sheriff's office and asked if any of the charges were related to this guy being here illegally. One of the deputies looked it up and said no; however, I am not sure if they have the ability to press those charges against an illegal.

I am going to call back.

An illegal in Austin was just arrested for raping a woman in her 80s. What a horrible thing to carry around with her for her last few years.

That is just plain evil. It's bad enough they seek for a victim who they think won't fight back but getting an 80 year is showing what a coward he is! Send him back! Too bd castration is considered cruel punishment!

I hope everyone remembers the illegal caught in the woods with the puppy. That will stay in my mind forever.

W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast