Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi Shawn, There is already a day to take off work. it is April 17th - tax day. We will also refrain from spending any money.

You can see that in the announcements - It was initiated by the Dustin Inman Society.

if you want to try and get our present Poultry Boycott out to the press NOW, and plug The Day without An American on April 17th - that would be a great help to us.

We have no lack of boycott suggestions here, what we lack are people putting in the sweatpower to get the word out on the air - in the press.
    i'm afraid just NOT eating Chicken isn't enough - we need everyone proactive in spreading the word.

If we can't get a communication network set up and a unified effort on spreading the word - it doesn't really matter WHAT boycott we choose -

The restaurant boycott idea was suggested by goamerica a few days ago.
    its not a bad idea -
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Re: Other Boycott Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    , then we can represent our buying power in another way. I suggest May 5 . . . if you know what I mean!

Another idea . . . We should have one day where we boycott all restaurants. We could do this next May on the 5th, or we could do it every weekend in May. But we need to get the message out to the press!!! Without the press being aware, then it might not make much difference.

may 5th..may 5th. do you realize that this is an american made drinking day?? i know a lot of people believe this is mexico's independence day, but its not, their independence day is actually in september so if thats what you meant then you have a few more months of planning. Now that i think about it would be good if people stayed home that day that way we wont have too many drunk drivers out there that day celebrating some little civil war that mexicans dont even celebrate

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrantgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    , then we can represent our buying power in another way. I suggest May 5 . . . if you know what I mean!

Another idea . . . We should have one day where we boycott all restaurants. We could do this next May on the 5th, or we could do it every weekend in May. But we need to get the message out to the press!!! Without the press being aware, then it might not make much difference.

may 5th..may 5th. do you realize that this is an american made drinking day?? i know a lot of people believe this is mexico's independence day, but its not, their independence day is actually in september so if thats what you meant then you have a few more months of planning. Now that i think about it would be good if people stayed home that day that way we wont have too many drunk drivers out there that day celebrating some little civil war that mexicans dont even celebrate
    we arent listening to you troll.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

we arent listening to you troll.
    is that the best you can do?? insult me for voicing my opining?? isnt everyone entitled to say how they feel ?? freedom of speech!! its pretty sad that when you have nothing better to say you resort to insult, what makes you say im a troll?? you have never seen me in person so you wouldnt know how i really look do you? so to assume that all immigrants look like trolls is very ignorant from your part.

Banned
    The term 'troll' has nothing to do with what you may or may not look like. "Troll' refers to a person who comes on a message board to try to stir up trouble, usually to cut and paste some hastily spoken words with which to claim some kind of bias or racism.

You, immigrantgrl, are wasting your time.

Flyer by the Fryer

Flyer by the Fryer

Good Old American Propaganda Bombs. I’m really liking the idea of this. Drop them in the Mall Parking Lots. Well, then again, that might be considered littering! Hmmmmm

Drop notes in the freezer section of your grocery store. Also, eat more Tuna!!!!!!!!!!!
    Might put a few in the Mexican Food Section too. Nothing nasty because of security cameras.
    Quarter ( 1 / 4 th) sheets will do the trick. Leave one in your cart.

No Shicken Will Cross my Lips this Month!
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dear immigrantgirl

I want to thank you immigrantgirl for your imput on this forum.

Please do everything you suggest. I think it is an excellent idea. So far, your efforts are accomplishing exactly what we want. You go right out in the streets and show us what you are and what you are made of. We want to hear every word you are saying and we need to. I encourage you to strike, boycott and be a rabble-rouser. Please get drunk, party it up and celebrate your victory. Please - please I beg of you, throw a big disrespectful bash on May 5th Celebrating a Mexican National Holiday and show us your true allegiance.

Everyone, send immigrantgirl a big Kudo!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Dear immigrantgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I want to thank you immigrantgirl for your imput on this forum.
    you're welcome

[quote:sghoacko]Please do everything you suggest. I think it is an excellent idea. So far, your efforts are accomplishing exactly what we want. You go right out in the streets and show us what you are and what you are made of. We want to hear every word you are saying and we need to.
    unfrtunately i cant go to the marches. im 8 months pregnant. as far as showing who i really am or what im made of, you wouldnt know, because you dont personally know me. you dont want to hear every word i have to say because you have already drawn conclusions about me

I encourage you to strike, boycott and be a rabble-rouser. Please get drunk, party it up and celebrate your victory. Please - please I beg of you, throw a big disrespectful bash on May 5th Celebrating a Mexican National Holiday and show us your true allegiance.
    again..cant drink since im pregnant. as far as throwing a bash on may 5th, maybe i will but not to celebrate a "mexican national holiday" as you like to call it even though its only celebrated here in america... i happen to be celebrating an anniversary that day. there are a lot more american drunks that day than any other day..and as i stated before .. mexico's independence day is in september. as far as people drinking or not that day..it has nothing to do with alliance.. its the same as when people drink on st patrick's or mardi gras... are they showing their true alliance?? and how would you know what my alliance is?? im sure you have assumed im from mexico..because arent we all??

Everyone, send immigrantgirl a big Kudo!
    [/quote:sghoacko]

thanks!!!

I suspect posters like the last one are what we can expect when we have caught the attention of the pro-illegal crowd.

That should make us feel good.

I also suspect that is what the PResident meant for people to do when he told them to 'go to the internet' . That was a rallying cry for his henchmen to go to these sites and post.

We need to ignore posts like this - and continue to remind ourselves that if they don't have the money, they can't hire the illegals. The fact that some are coming here to attempt to dissuade us from that means just one thing -
    They know it will work!!

We must be together, however, on one industry at a time. This month it is poultry. If you have any local places you want to boycott along with this - good.

But we need to be together.

I want to thank DcSA for all the work on this.

Personally, I am at a loss what to do - I don't know who should be contacted.

My husband did come home Thurs telling me about an incident. He talked with a man whose job puts him in contact with at least 1/2 the people in town within a 2 day period. They were discussing the illegal problem and the costs to us - and my husband told him about the boycott. He promised he would tell everyone he saw. It is small, compared to what we need to reach - but it's something.

Also, I did see a marquee at a large grocery store - advertising fryers for .59 a pound - I think they may not mean something - but it may.

Just don't be swayed - if we keep our nerve, it will be .10 a pound next month.

EVen if we loose with the congress, we can continue the boycotts. If they don't have our money, they can't pay these people. If these people don't get paid - they will go home.

They do use and abuse the welfare system - but they are not here primarily to draw welfare. Most of them want to work - they want to work , pay no taxes, and salt away the money. Welfare would not do it for them.

Cut off their incomes and they can go home. They will go home in most instances, healthier, wealthier and better educated.

Flyer by the Fryer

Good Old American Propaganda Bombs. I’m really liking the idea of this. Drop them in the Mall Parking Lots. Well, then again, that might be considered littering! Hmmmmm

Drop notes in the freezer section of your grocery store. Also, eat more Tuna!!!!!!!!!!!
    Might put a few in the Mexican Food Section too. Nothing nasty because of security cameras.
    Quarter ( 1 / 4 th) sheets will do the trick. Leave one in your cart.

No Shicken Will Cross my Lips this Month!
    Dixie
    Dixie, I LOVE this idea! I have been hanging a neat little poster that I think DcSA made on the bulletin boards at the schools and in the grocery stores. Of course they disappear. But this is a great idea. I'll try going to the stores across town where more Anglos shop (we're literally outnumbered here by hispanic illegals) and see if I can stir up any responses there.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast