Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mayors, local officials ask Trump to defend DACA recipients

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mayors, local officials ask Trump to defend DACA recipients

Mayors, local officials ask Trump to defend DACA recipients

08/15/17 08:43 AM EDT

A group of mayors and county officials from around the country wrote to President Trump Tuesday, asking him to defend the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program from a potential court challenge led by Texas.

Under DACA, nearly 800,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children received work permits and deferral from deportation.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) is leading a group of 10 states that have threatened to challenge the program in court unless the Trump administration rescinds it by Sept. 5.
    Cities for Action — a coalition of counties and cities representing more than 55 million residents — asked Trump in the letter to defend the program against the challenge.Neither the White House nor the Justice Department have said whether the administration will defend the program if Paxton follows through on his threat.

In their letter, the coalition touted the economic benefits of the program and the importance of integrating recipients of DACA into the nation.

“You have singular power and influence to shape this moment in American history, and ‘show great heart’ — as well as pragmatism and economic sense — in your decision about how to protect our young, undocumented immigrants who have relied on the U.S. government’s word for security and stability,” read the letter to Trump.

Trump has said he supports DACA recipients but hasn’t said whether he believes in the legality of the program. In February, he said he would “show great heart” in finding a permanent solution for the group's migratory status.

Although different bills have been presented in Congress that would make permanent the benefits awarded to DACA recipients, the White House has refused to support any of those initiatives.

Still, the co-signers of the letter appealed to Trump's sense of pragmatism.

"DACA recipients are also taxpayers and integral to our economies. I stand with over 100 mayors and county officials across the country in calling on the President to continue and defend the DACA program — it’s the right thing to do, and it’s the smart thing to do,” said New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D).

http://thehill.com/latino/346582-may...efend-dreamers

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

END DACA NOW!!!

NO PATH TO STAY...YOU PROMISED

STOP GIVING THESE ILLEGAL ALIENS A FREE PASS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN...WE ARE SICK OF IT AND YOUR LIES!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Beezer,

I am new to this board. I understand DAPA and the need to terminate that program, but I do have a problem with killing DACA. I personally have met numerous kids that were brought over, in many cases when they were infants, and now they are stuck here and living in fear through illegal actions of their parents. They have no "home" to go to and they are law biding people living in fear. Please help me understand why we should hold them accountable for what their parents did years ago. I am not trying to start a fight, I just want to know justification. Please help.

They all have family in their home countries. They are here illegally and send their money home to their extended families. They stuff 20 people into a Single Family Home, destroy neighborhoods and are financially crippling our local cities and States. It is a complete lie to think they have no relatives in their home countries.

We need to end chain migration. People "move" all the time...no excuse to stay.

We have given Amnesty before...it does NOT work...they still keep coming breaking our Laws.

Do not reward...deport. They can be "law abiding" and live in NO fear in their country.

End the anchor baby SCAM. They are not US citizens. Give them a Certificate of Child Born Abroad and deport. No path to stay, no eligibility for taxpayer benefits.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by RedTexas View Post
    Beezer,

I am new to this board. I understand DAPA and the need to terminate that program, but I do have a problem with killing DACA. I personally have met numerous kids that were brought over, in many cases when they were infants, and now they are stuck here and living in fear through illegal actions of their parents. They have no "home" to go to and they are law biding people living in fear. Please help me understand why we should hold them accountable for what their parents did years ago. I am not trying to start a fight, I just want to know justification. Please help.

There parents made the decision to cross the border illegally and they only, are responsible for any hardship put on there family.

The moment they illegally entered the United States, they put there family at risk of being arrested, detained or deported.

There are consequences for breaking the law and it doesn't matter how may years or decades they evaded the law, the end result
    is the same; you are here illegally and subject to deportation.

There parents are the ones responsible for breaking up there families, not Immigration Officers or the racist, heartless, Xenophobe
    American people who have been sucked dry in taxes to provide children of illegal aliens subsidized housing, medical care, food stamps, education,
    incarceration and American lives.

No pity for them.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is not just this group. It is their ability to be a magnet, a cry for a greater amnesty. They are a Trojan Horse. They have been raised in lies and fraud and lawlessness.

It is their costs to American citizens for education, healthcare, food stamps, other benefits. They have already taken and been given too much. They need to say thank you and take their education and any skills learned to their nations to fix them and to stop the flood to America.

These so called kids, though many are in their thirties, are generally unrepentant, rebellious. They organize with many George Soros funded, far left groups and there is nothing American about those. They shout at and demonstrate against laws of the United States. They use imagery, drama, lies to draw sympathy and to manipulate.

They will be democrats voting to change immigration laws, American culture, and they bring lawlessness learned from their family members.

American citizens are all over the world working and serving. Let them do the same.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)