Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: McCain Claims “Spate” Of People Are Urging Him To Run For President Again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    John McCain: People Are Asking Me to Run For President in 2016

Michael Miller | On 11, Nov 2013

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said over the weekend that he’s been getting a lot of pressure to run for president again in 2016. Seriously.

From the The Arizona Republic:
    “Particularly since the shutdown, I’ve had a spate of e-mails and letters and phone calls saying, ‘Run for president again. As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for re-election to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken — the bastards.’
    “I can assure you, I don’t see it. It’s not on my radar.”

Yeah, well, we’ve heard others tell us they were done for good, haven’t we? (See: Brett Favre, Michael Jordan, Richard Nixon.) Besides, “I don’t see it” and “it’s not on my radar” are not exactlyLBJ-like rejections.

While most of America’s conservatives will be “devasted” should McCain decide to forgo anotherhumiliating loss to a president who should have never been reelected shot at the White House, there are similar decisions that would be just as “devastating”:

• The Kardashians announcing they will retire from the spotlight and never be seen in public again
    • MSNBC firing Tingles Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and Melissa Harris-Perry and replacing them with Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin and Newt Gingrich
    • Al Gore deciding that he’s full of crap, will no longer make hysterical widely-debunked global warming claims and will donate the hundreds of millions of dollars he’s scammed as a result to charity
    • Both Joe Biden AND Hillary Clinton deciding they will NOT seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016

Besides, if all three – McRINO, Hillary and Biden – did run, how redundant would that be?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/9365...-another-shot/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    John McCain: People Want Me to Run For President Again, You Know

Katie Pavlich | Nov 11, 2013

In an interview with the Arizona Republic, Senator John McCain revealed that some people want him to run for president again...which would be the third time unsuccessfully.

Since his statesman-like role in the recent partisan fight over government funding, U.S. Sen. John McCain says he has been encouraged to make a third run for the White House in 2016.
    “Particularly since the shutdown, I’ve had a spate of e-mails and letters and phone calls saying, ‘Run for president again,’ ” McCain told The Arizona Republic. “As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for re-election to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken — the bastards.’ ”

Those bastards! Two failed presidential bids later and it seems McCain still hasn't accepted that he might be part of the problem.

It was just a few short months ago when McCain was saying he didn't want to be "that guy" who would never shove off and out of the Senate. McCain is 77-years-old and has been in Washington since 1982. Clearly McCain's tune has changed as he gets ready to run again for the Senate in 2016.
    Going back to the article, I'm not sure what's more nauseating, McCain saying people are telling him to run for president again or the first line stating, "Since his statesman-like role in the recent partisan fight over government funding..."

Are we now counting McCain giving the Democratic response to Republican Ted Cruz' filibuster as a "statesman-like" role? Is siding with hard liberal partisan Harry Reid "statesman-like"? Apparently so.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...edium=facebook

I would say it is more like urging him to "RUN" off a tall building "ya know"

Mark Levin

Actually not, Senator

McCain: People want me to run for president again

www.washingtonpost.comPost Politics McCain: People want me to run for president again

By Aaron Blake November 11 at 10:42 am
    More Comments

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said over the weekend that he's getting lots of pressure to run for president again, but that "it's not on my radar."McCain said previously that he's considerin...

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain: People want me to run for president again

BY AARON BLAKE

November 11 at 10:42 am

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said over the weekend that he's getting lots of pressure to run for president again, but that "it's not on my radar."
    McCain said previously that he's considering running for reelection when his Senate seat is up in 2016, when he will be 80 years old.
    From the Arizona Republic:
    "Particularly since the shutdown, I've had a spate of e-mails and letters and phone calls saying, 'Run for president again,'" McCain told The Arizona Republic. "As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for re-election to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, 'The people have spoken — the bastards.'"
    In his book Too Funny To Be President, Udall, D-Ariz., attributed the quote to California Democrat Dick Tuck. Udall unsuccessfully sought the 1976 Democratic nomination for president.
    While even McCain agrees that another presidential candidacy seems far-fetched, Bruce Merrill, a veteran Arizona political scientist and pollster, told The Republic he has fielded multiple calls from out-of-state reporters this year investigating the possibility. McCain was critical of the GOP strategy to try to defund President Barack Obama’s health-care law, resulting in a partial government shutdown. McCain emerged with better national poll numbers than others associated with the crisis, including "tea party"-style U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.
    "I can assure you, I don’t see it," said McCain, who will turn 80 in 2016. "It’s not on my radar."
    Worth noting: After McCain said he was considering running for reelection in 2016, some headlines might have left the mistaken impression that he was considering another presidential bid rather than simply running for reelection. It's possible that the questions from out-of-state reporters might have been in response to these misperceptions.
    It's also worth noting that McCain's "I don't see it" and "It's not on my radar" statements aren't quite Sherman-esque.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...esident-again/

“hey, deal me in on this hand”
    “sorry John, Presidents only"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12