Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I just called the state offices for the Republican Party. I spoke with a very nice individual and expressed my extreme displeasure for what mccain has said today in a rally in Scranton. The person I talked to basically agreed with me. I said that I just can't vote for this fool and what is he trying to do?? It sounds like even those people at the party offices think he's an idiot. Also, this person said that I wasn't the first to call in about this subject today.
    I also called the R party office in Wash DC and I couldn't leave a message as the answering machine was full and all the people answering phones were busy! Hmmm...
    God this man is a fool.
    As of today, I am done. Whatever thoughts I had after he chose Palin are finished. I will vote 3rd party, Chuck Baldwin, and I will be very happy and comfortable about it. I have my scruples.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

You can look at this two ways:

Either there really is no difference in the parties and both have the basic agenda - that's my thinking.

Or that the Republicans, even knowing most party member's thoughts on immigration, are thumbing their noses at the members and doing as they please.

Either way, it seems they think we have no choice in the matter - that's an insult. We do need to get together and voice our disapproval in a real way.

John McCain 'got it' when amnesty was defeated. The fact is John McCain
    'knew it' all along. He knows what's right and he knows what's best for this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

'knew it' all along. He knows what's right and he knows what's best for this country.

Do you 'honestly' think McCain got it or are you just joking? I don't think he got it. I think he wants amnesty and will continue until he gets his way about it. I was leaning towards voting for him (mainly because of Palin) but I just can't accept his bull-headedness in demanding we give these criminals amnesty!!!

I am not a conspiracy thinking type person but I truly believe that democrats have purposely crossed over to the republican ticket to bring their agenda to both sides. If you really look at things John McCain has done - he is a democrat!!! He is conservative on some views but leans liberally on so many others.

I am scared.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    You can look at this two ways:

Either there really is no difference in the parties and both have the basic agenda - that's my thinking.

Or that the Republicans, even knowing most party member's thoughts on immigration, are thumbing their noses at the members and doing as they please.

Either way, it seems they think we have no choice in the matter - that's an insult. We do need to get together and voice our disapproval in a real way.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. He got it alright. He's gonna secure the border first and THEN grant the pathway to citizenship.

Should he be elected prez, John McCain will claim the border is "secured" in about a nanosecond hiding behind whatever fig leaf he can (e.g., "certification" from border state governors such as Ahnold -- yeah, we know how good this would be). In other words, he will never secure the border and will push for mass amnesty almost immediately.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain isn't a Democrat, he is the type of person that the Republican party will always nominate (and has nominated for at least 30 years). A pro-corporate, globalist, open borders advocate. This is a corporate party, and they will only nominate corporate globalists. They throw us a few bones in the House, fewer in the Senate, and absolutely zero at the executive level. The business lobbies that control the Rep Party will never let a pro-enforcement candidate reach the executive office, because that is where the power is. Mark my words, it will never happen.

Ever.

Mark my words, memorize it, write it down, whatever.

Before someone chimes in for the defense, I already realise that the Dems are worse on the issue. But it is fundamental to realise what kind of party this really is if we are ever going to see any changes on the issue. It is a corporate party through and through.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

coolhead and alisab

I was being sarcastic about John McCain 'got it'. The real point was that he 'had it' all along. He is/was aware of our feelings on this matter.

He's from AZ, for goodness sakes, he knew the problems long before they reached other parts of the country.

No, I don't think he will secure the border and yes, I think he will give amnesty whether you call it pathway, or whatever ridiculous thing the wordsmiths decide sounds good.

bearflag

I agree, he isn't a Democrat, he is a corporatist, a globalist - as are 99% of those in Washington, despite their rhetoric. If they weren't we wouldn't be in the shape we are.

As for defense, the democrats may seem worse on defense, but push comes to shove, they vote just fine, don't they?

If we will all just look at the results, and not listen to the rhetoric, we'll will get the pictures.

Our problems would not be so numerous nor so large, if all this selling out of this country had not been a truly bi-partisan effort (as they say in Washington). No one so called party could have done it alone.

No true patriot, thinking of this country, would have sat silently by and allowed it to happen. They would have at least let the people know the truth. They would have spoken out. Ask yourself if you would have sat back and let it happen without a fight, without going to the public?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234