Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain race catnip to talk show titans

Early polls suggest Arizona Sen. John McCain leads former Rep. J.D. Hayworth by a healthy margin in the GOP primary. Among conservative radio talk show hosts, however, McCain is losing by a landslide.

As McCain gears up for a vigorous challenge from the former six-term House Republican, national conservative talkers are picking up where they left off in the 2008 presidential campaign, blasting McCain as insufficiently conservative and unloading on him with all the bombast they can muster.

Hayworth, himself a former talk radio host, is the beneficiary.

“This is a race about a conservative versus a phony, so let me be the first national host to say it,â€

McCain's adviser and Republican strategist John Weaver MADE A BIG MISTAKE challenging and ridiculing talk radio like that.

BIG MISTAKE!

When talk show hosts across America see that they are going to go ballistic on McCain.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As this article says, Limbaugh has criticized McCain for long time so it will be interesting to see if he expresses support for Hayworth.

I recall that the major talk radio hosts rallied to Mitt Romney's side during the 2008 Republican primary, but it was too late. I hope talk radio doesn't wait as long this time to rally against McCain.

BTW, Hayworth was on the Roger Hedgecock show today and was strong against amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)