Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain Warns Deportations Could Lead to Riots!

Just when the dust was beginning to settle following President Bush's latest assault on common sense, in which he accused conservatives of "spreading fear" by being honest about amnesty, Senator John McCain decided that fear mongering was not such a bad tactic after all.

In fact, McCain decided that fear mongering was essential in trying to sell his amnesty snake oil to a skeptical and increasingly suspicious public.

On June 2, McCain rolled out his fear-based defense of amnesty on the campaign trail in Le Mars, Iowa. Responding to a question about deportation of illegal aliens, McCain delivered the following dilly:

"In case you hadn't noticed, the thousands of people who have been relegated to ghettos have risen up and burned cars in France,'' McCain said. ``They've got huge problems in France. They have tremendous problems. The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.''

Globe Gazette:
    http://www.globegazette.com/articles/20 ... 090759.txt

With all due respect to the senator from Arizona, warning American citizens that government cannot enforce the law because it would lead to rioting is blatant fear mongering at it's lowest and most despicable.

It is also irresponsible and reckless, because it conveys a very dangerous message, which is:

"America is governed by the rule of law, except when the threat of anarchy and violence is too great. In which case, congress and the president will simply change the law to legalize what had been illegal, thereby pacifying those guilty of behavior once considered unlawful."

And we conservatives honestly believe that liberal Democrats are the anti-rule of-law bad actors?

Apart from the fact that John McCain's latest drivel borders on
    insanity, it also illogical and may unintentionally make the case against his amnesty scheme.

For instance, how will illegal aliens react to the requirement that heads of households must return to Mexico for a brief period in order to qualify?

How about those $5,000 fines and fees, not an insignificant amount for a low-income peasant family?

And what self-respecting, macho Latino would take kindly to the notion that his or her future was dependent upon learning English and proving it?

Now that a sitting U.S. senator and leading candidate for the presidency has warned that mob rule, rather rule of law, may be the foundation for future government immigration policy and action, will the illegal alien community decide to play the R card (riot!) in order to get its way?

Finally, McCain and others intent on legalizing 12-30 million illegal aliens argue that amnesty makes sense because Latino aliens share values common to the majority of Americans.

That may be so, but I'll be damned if I can recall a single instance when millions of American citizens resorted to rioting because of displeasure with legitimate laws and enforcement.

But perhaps a little fear mongering from citizens is what is needed to convince the likes of John McCain, Ted Kennedy, and George Bush to abandon their amnesty nonsense?

Riot, anyone?

http://www.americandaily.com/article/19070

The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.
    Dude! It's already here. There are sides of town in Dallas and Fort Worth, I wouldn't drive through at high noon. Downtown Los Angeles looks just as bad!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Riots, let us bring our military home and they can deal with the riots by putting everyone involved in buses and taking them to border. It shouldn't matter if they are Mexican they should go to Mexico and let that government deal with them.

Dixie: it is the same in Maimi Dade and Broward Counties. You used to hear about the bad black areas now it is often a combination of Blacks and Hispanics in those area. These are the areas where there are huge drug and gang problems and high homocide rates. One of the worse areas is Opa Locka and neighboring Northside in Miami Dade County. I can't comment too much on the actual City of Miami as I don't know all their areas and if they are mixed or not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So why didn't someone ask McCain how he and his fellow so-called representatives of the people allowed this situation to get this bad? Where were they? Why didn't they stop it sooner? Why didn't they listen to Tom Tancredo years ago? They should all be fired for allowing this to get to this point (In private industry for comparable incompetence/negligence they would be fired)!! And he has the audacity to ask for us to vote for him for President!?! Is he nuts?!?

So isn't McCain saying, "I haven't done my duty in Washington, I've allowed the situation to deteriorate to the point of impending anarchy, and if we don't want illegals rioting in the street, we have to surrender to their demands of instant citizenship, and oh and by the way, I want you to elect me President." It's difficult not to scream out profanity when I think about it!!

This guy is a jerk and shouldn't even be a Senator, much less the President. He can see what the invasion is doing to Arizona, but he goes ahead and proposes scamnesty!?! Good God, what would he do to the nation if elected President!?! The thought of him as President is extremely frightening!!!

BTW isn't what he said putting the lie to them just being decent, honest, hardworking people who just came here for a job? If they were, why would we need to be so afraid that they'll riot and bring anarchy to our cities? That sounds more like the actions of a bunch of lawbreakers, wich is exactly what they are and McCain just proved the point by what he said.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

What scares me is the fact that if they riot if deported then what will they do if the government says no to something else they want. We cannot allow these illegal aliens to keep us hostage.

I bet people from all over the country will contrubute to the candidate who challenges him for that U.S. senate seat!!! You're OUT next election, joker.

Is this man OUT OF HIS MIND OR WHAT

FIRST of all, even President Bush should be furious with him as he is essentially sending a message to the world that President Bush would not know what to do or be able to deal with it if there were riots in this country.

I think he would.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    What scares me is the fact that if they riot if deported then what will they do if the government says no to something else they want. We cannot allow these illegal aliens to keep us hostage.
    Excellent point!

This just shows that McCain is the candidate that will cut and run regarding America's national security.

Sen McCain, then what would stop the riots from happening on
    day 1 after Amnesty II when we do start to enforce the laws?

They must think we are all stupid.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast