McCain Web Ad Blasts Romney
04 Jan 2008 04:08 pm

I used to be skeptical about the propulsive effect of campaign web ads, and viewed them as a way for campaigns to drive the press's focus without having to spend the money on a television advertisement. Well, I still think the latter thought is true, but the press here in New Hampshire is hungry for a fight, and we collectively seem to be extra-sensitive to every salvo. Here is McCain's new web ad, called "Leadership."

ANNCR: "Mitt Romney compares himself to John McCain and their public service and says, 'I've actually been leading.'
"Mitt Romney, leading?

"He'd rather call lawyers."

ROMNEY: "You sit down with your attorneys and tell you what you have to do ..."

"Uh, you know, we're gonna let the lawyers sort out ..."

ANNCR: "And bureaucrats."

ROMNEY: "Well, if we want somebody who has a lot of experience in foreign policy, we can simply go to the State Department ..."

ANNCR: "When it comes to leadership, John McCain doesn't have to call anyone."

JOHN MCCAIN: "I'm John McCain and I approve this message."

marcambinder.theatlantic.com

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.