Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MCDC question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great Pic's Bob! Alaska is on my must see list. Thanks for sharing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for sharing. Those are beautiful pictures.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Awesome stokeybob....thanks for sharing!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by use2busmc
    I heard today that the site will probably be down all month,and change
    is afoot.Still in the dark as to what that change will entail.

There's still a link to the forum from the main page, so what you're saying is probably right. If it was going away for good, the link would be gone.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

those are some fantastic pictures.
    what time of year did you visit because i notice there is hardly any snow in these pics.. LOL

I used to check in over there every once in awhile. They had made a change in the lay-out of their website. The system they started using was really sttrange. I didn't like it. It was too hard to navigate and be able to see what was going on at a glance, so I basically stopped visiting that site. The message board sucked. I don't know why they changed the original format. It looks really cheesy now.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    those are some fantastic pictures.
    what time of year did you visit because i notice there is hardly any snow in these pics.. LOL

I think I was there in the end of August, 2008. I was lucky to catch the fall colors. From where we started in Anchorage for Denali National Park you could just see the fall change starting to take place. As we drove north to Denali and increased in elevation the change was obvious. Debbie said once it starts changing it happens fast and winter is on its way.

From what I gather they have a short tourist season. Lots of young people go up there to work in the summer months. I think it's when Labor Day comes most of them head back to school and the tourist industry shuts down for the year. I talked to Debbie this morning and there is snow on the ground and the days are about five hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    I used to check in over there every once in awhile. They had made a change in the lay-out of their website. The system they started using was really sttrange. I didn't like it. It was too hard to navigate and be able to see what was going on at a glance, so I basically stopped visiting that site. The message board sucked. I don't know why they changed the original format. It looks really cheesy now.
    I didn't mind the layout, but a lot of people lost interest in forum a while back because of some friction from a moderator or two who are no longer there. The site never recovered and is now a small group of people, so the lack of activity makes it less interesting to new-comers. It's been a long time since I posted there. Too bad becuse it use to be a good recruiting tool for MCDC.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    I didn't mind the layout, but a lot of people lost interest in forum a while back because of some friction from a moderator or two who are no longer there. The site never recovered and is now a small group of people, so the lack of activity makes it less interesting to new-comers. It's been a long time since I posted there. Too bad becuse it use to be a good recruiting tool for MCDC.
    That's too bad. I really have a lot of respect for Chris Simcox and all the work he has been doing on behalf of all Americans on the illegal immigration front lines. He really doesn't have enough time to keep up a website like that with his travelling schedule. Hopefully they'll find some different, more skilled moderators for that site and get it back up and running again before it completely fizzles out.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

That's too bad. I really have a lot of respect for Chris Simcox and all the work he has been doing on behalf of all Americans on the illegal immigration front lines. He really doesn't have enough time to keep up a website like that with his travelling schedule. Hopefully they'll find some different, more skilled moderators for that site and get it back up and running again before it completely fizzles out.
    Chris, Carman and Al are moderators. They are too busy to respond to posts, but there are other moderators. The site is kept clean and orderly, but it lacks enthusiasm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast