Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCDC question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome MCDC participants, I'm sure they will be back up soon.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes it will be back soon

Just got word from a friend that you folks want to know what is going on at the MCDC Forum..........

Well, the origional site CRASHED late November! BIG CRASH! We tried to get the support I/T folks to get it back, but it was just WAY to much hastle! and costley!

I had taken a backup from late November and started configuring a "TEST" Site on one of my hosts. I tried about 5 different forums, and configurations looking for the best one that would be easy for the users, something that a lot of people use, something NOT totally new so everyone would have to go thru a learning CURVE, and something that would take doing maint easy, and lastley something that would support a LOT of new things like Video, MP3, CHAT, iPhone, social networking and a lot more.

I chose to migrate the forum to SMF! It took about a week of really hair pulling times, and "Most" of the postings and users came across with a few exceptions......

So, now we are waiting for Jan. 2009 to roll in to open it back up, it does have a NEW address for those of you who would like to preview it. Just try to not post anything into it yet.

Here is that link for you: http://forums.mcdchq.com

You can also PM me with qurstions, we look forward to seeing you back in Jan.

Ken
    Ken Dreger

Thanks for the info!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Re: Yes it will be back soon

Quote Originally Posted by kdreger
    Just got word from a friend that you folks want to know what is going on at the MCDC Forum..........

Well, the origional site CRASHED late November! BIG CRASH! We tried to get the support I/T folks to get it back, but it was just WAY to much hastle! and costley!

I had taken a backup from late November and started configuring a "TEST" Site on one of my hosts. I tried about 5 different forums, and configurations looking for the best one that would be easy for the users, something that a lot of people use, something NOT totally new so everyone would have to go thru a learning CURVE, and something that would take doing maint easy, and lastley something that would support a LOT of new things like Video, MP3, CHAT, iPhone, social networking and a lot more.

I chose to migrate the forum to SMF! It took about a week of really hair pulling times, and "Most" of the postings and users came across with a few exceptions......

So, now we are waiting for Jan. 2009 to roll in to open it back up, it does have a NEW address for those of you who would like to preview it. Just try to not post anything into it yet.

Here is that link for you: http://forums.mcdchq.com

You can also PM me with qurstions, we look forward to seeing you back in Jan.

Ken
    Do we have to reregister? I've been registered there since 5/06, I joined MCDC around Y2K.
    ------------------------

trply

If you had an account, try it.

If your password does not work for some reason, request it be sent to you.

IF you have problems in getting in, PM me with your account name and I will reset your account and password.

I think for most users it should be ok.
    Ken Dreger

I just found this in my account....

News: MCDC Production Forum web site is in the process of being re-built! Please DO NOT USE IT AT THIS TIME!

But the site is up and running and being used.
    ------------------------

Re: trply

Quote Originally Posted by kdreger
    If you had an account, try it.

If your password does not work for some reason, request it be sent to you.

IF you have problems in getting in, PM me with your account name and I will reset your account and password.

I think for most users it should be ok.
    PM from MCDC..MOD
    You have just been sent a personal message by kdreger on MCDC Production Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

looks like you got in ok.

Ken
    Yes I did got in with no problem, I even posted, and then I found the message in my account not to use the cite at this time,
    ------------------------

I'll wait till January to test it. I am sure La Raza and their buddies were all smiles when they saw the forum was down.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123